Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

There's some rain showers showing up on the radar over East Kent right now but on the ground there's nothing, the sky went quite dark for a time though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

30C here, with light winds. Amazing summer rolls on! 

• Like 2

Posted

Absolutely sweltering day at the Hampton Court Flower Show today, but it was lovely to enjoy clear blue skies and picnicking on the edge of the lake in the shade with a hint of a breeze☀️?️

IMG_20180706_154327_946.jpg

IMG_20180706_153727.jpg

IMG_20180706_102826.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

a proper scorcher today no respite in the shade 32c which is the highest this year!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Updraft said:

There's some rain showers showing up on the radar over East Kent right now but on the ground there's nothing, the sky went quite dark for a time though.

Same as yesterday here, you could see it was raining up high but on the ground only a few light drizzly bits, felt wet but didn't wet anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I really wish someone would say 'Thundery Breakdown' and make this heat worth it, but no.

Posted

Moaning minnie here...but the mod thread is morphing into the ramp thread a bit.

What day of the so-called heatwave is this???  10? I'm feeling dehydrated all the time despite glugging water all day and you can only really work on the allotment after 7pm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east

What was the max temp today then? netweather max temp only says 30c at Heathrow yet the radio stations were going for 32c at Gravesend and Uxbridge and 33c in London 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

For me it feels like the hottest day yet even if it has not been , it feels quite oppressive on the district line on the way home and that with air conditioning on board , anyway what brilliant weather , we can’t really ask for better apart from thise that don’t like the heat , would be nice to get some storms in the mix to give the plants and grass some water though not to mention the reservoirs, enjoy Folks

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Not long til Christmas, too hot for me.....White one this year!:santa-emoji::laugh:

• Like 2

Posted
48 minutes ago, snowray said:

Not long til Christmas, too hot for me.....White one this year!:santa-emoji::laugh:

Can’t wait for the heat to go. Love the sun but now it’s too hot for me. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Well i'ma snow lover and coldie at heart but even so I wouldn't wants weeks on end of snow nor sub zero temperatures, i am in part glad that hopefully in a few days time we are getting some cooler days.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Made it to 28c here and it was still 27c when I went up to the shops this evening. The higher humidity allows the heat to last longer in the evening.

Low thirties possible on both days but sunny skies will probably be unlikely as cloud bubbles up during the day and mist/low cloud early in the mornings.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
10 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Made it to 28c here and it was still 27c when I went up to the shops this evening. The higher humidity allows the heat to last longer in the evening.

Low thirties possible on both days but sunny skies will probably be unlikely as cloud bubbles up during the day and mist/low cloud early in the mornings.

It’s currently 29oC in my little ones bedroom. I’m guessingthe next 3 nights will be the same 

Posted

Quite sure it was the hottest day of the year, surpased 30c with the hottest temperatures concentrated in SE England thats more normal.. humidity not quite as bad as yesterday, great summer so far although said the same this time last year! 

• Like 3

Posted

I can't believe that we are not in the middle of a public health emergency. I feel like the threshold has been manipulated to save money at the expense of people at risk.. I know everyone on here is respectful of the weather and look out for others.. 

Feel like a massive cost saving excessive in place as councils don't have the money to activate care plans

Stay safe all

Posted

Could be a hot one tomorrow (well later today actually). High starting tenperatures with fairly stagnant air.

Edited by Djdazzle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
1 hour ago, Djdazzle said:

Could be a hot one tomorrow (well later today actually). High starting tenperatures with fairly stagnant air.

Hope not, yesterday was bad enough!

Edited by The East has Ceased

Posted

Still around 22c at Heathrow.. My cat doesn't know if coming or going.. My partner suffers from heat and is a disaster.. Best to play more disco

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I literally woke up stuck to my bed and I am sleeping with my fan.

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Well I have to say that was probably one of the most uncomfortable nights heat wise I've ever experienced in the UK.. 

According to station data Heathrow was still 24c at 00:20 this morning.. 

It dropped to a low of 17c at 4:20 this morning and at 5:00 was already 18c.. 

Totally agree with that Luke. even with our fan on, our "dolls house" sized bedroom, was like a sauna!! The fan just seemed to be circulating the warm air.

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 1