Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The cloud cleared a bit quicker today with the cloud gone by around half 8, quite a stiff NE wind which capped temperatures to around 24C here.

Tonight the cloud shouldn't be as extensive with most of the murk staying north of the region as the wind swings more easterly, this also means tomorrow should be a couple of degrees warmer for most.

arpegeuk-41-26-0.png?27-18

27/28C inland.

Friday we could have more cloud during the morning again whichcould persist close to the coasts of norfolk and suffolk.

arpegeuk-41-50-0.png?27-18

The winds swing more ESE during the weekend which should leave sunny skies for everyone, though the breeze could be quite strong near the coasts, however temperatures should begin to rise again across our region with much warmer air at the surface originating from the continent as opposed to off the north sea like we have experienced this week.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
30 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

The cloud cleared a bit quicker today with the cloud gone by around half 8, quite a stiff NE wind which capped temperatures to around 24C here.

Tonight the cloud shouldn't be as extensive with most of the murk staying north of the region as the wind swings more easterly, this also means tomorrow should be a couple of degrees warmer for most.

arpegeuk-41-26-0.png?27-18

27/28C inland.

Friday we could have more cloud during the morning again whichcould persist close to the coasts of norfolk and suffolk.

arpegeuk-41-50-0.png?27-18

The winds swing more ESE during the weekend which should leave sunny skies for everyone, though the breeze could be quite strong near the coasts, however temperatures should begin to rise again across our region with much warmer air at the surface originating from the continent as opposed to off the north sea like we have experienced this week.

Not sure what today's max was, but it's still at 22.2; which, considering the North Sea murk is already coming back, is quite good, I think...24-25 tomorrow, over here and 27-28 nearer you might be about right - especially if the wind veers more to the east.

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Looks fairly humid on Sunday, perhaps a few electrical surprises in store too, especially on Monday morning... ⚡

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So the weekend;

arpegeuk-53-74-0.png?27-18   arpegeuk-41-74-0.png?27-18

27-29C widely and warmer near the east coast as well with a short sea track across the southern north sea. Maybe some patchy mist/low cloud but this will quickly lift and clear to leave sunny skies and a moderate ESE wind.

Sunday

arpegeuk-53-98-0.png?27-19   arpegeuk-41-98-0.png?27-19

A stunning day with sunny skies from dawn till dusk, again a moderate ESE wind

Temperatures between 28 and 31C inland so it will be a hot one. 

Next week looks hot and humid with the wind veering south easterly and becoming slacker with the increasing chance of a few thunderstorms breaking out as pressure falls slightly.

• Like 4

Posted

It’s feeling a bit chilly out there this morning in South East Essex, with thick cloud. Hoping it starts to break up soon, or there’s some forecasters with some ‘splaining to do.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Keep feeling tiny spots of rain to the point I'm not sure if I'm imagining it.

Posted

15.7C and cloud has just about burned off. Unfortunately, instead of veering towards the east, the wind has backed more to the north, so my hopes of 24-25C, this arvo, would appear to have been crap unfounded...?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Still to rain in sight. This drought is now really starting to have an effect on the wheat and barley crops. I saw wheat being irrigated near Kelvedon at the weekend which is rather unusual! Unfortunately most farmers don't have irrigation facilities. 

• Like 1

Posted

I notice from NW that the second coldest place in the UK is High Wycombe @ a staggering 12.6C...At the same time, Inverness Dalcross is on 24C!

Though, given that what NW is reporting for Beccles (17.2 and 100% cloud-cover) couldn't be farther from the truth, I'll take all the above with a pinch of salt!☀️

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I have been suffering from severe hay-fever for over two weeks and from yesterday my symptoms have begun to settle.

The temperature now is 20 °C  and the humidity is at 77%.  Mainly clear blue sky and the only clouds there are at a very low level and are barely noticeable.  The current wind speed and direction is 8 mph North Easterly winds.  The pollen count is high today and the UV level is very high.  The met office have the air pollution at 3 but I don't know where this was taken as Thurrock has high pollution areas especially in the industrial areas and on roads with a heavy volume of traffic.

Posted

A gloriously sunny 23.1C...looking like being warmer than expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Disappointing to see a lot of cloud bubbling up in this area - which wasn't forecast anywhere? I was expecting another day of gin clear skies once the clag burned away by about 10ish, but since 12 it's been slowly filling with cloud. Looking like it'll be clouded over in the next hour. Still warm at 24c.

Posted

I can certainly see the cloud bubbling up to the south of here. Still clear over Peterborough and warming up nicely now.

Strange morning as the sun was out on the drive to work for 6am but it the  clouded over for a good few hours before the sun reappeared.

Up to 25c here and it certainly feels warmer and more humid compared to yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Also, can anyone more informed than me tell me what that isolated lump of cloud just off the east coast may be? Is it just a convergence zone?

Posted
21 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Also, can anyone more informed than me tell me what that isolated lump of cloud just off the east coast may be? Is it just a convergence zone?

I was just staring out of my window at some cirrus coming in from the East, which is pretty rare. There's some rain on the edge of the radar off Norfolk and the wind has suddenly pepped-up. I genuinely have no idea what's going on here, nothing in the forecast that I was aware of. 

Posted

Much more cloud here now, it's actually nice to see clouds!

I love this kind of summer weather - but having to fully water the allotment every night is hard work, especially when everyone is fighting over the taps!

I have hayfever for the first time in my life which is strange, I'm 44 and never had it until now.

Looks like more of the same for the forseeable. Anyone like to take a bet as to when it will next rain?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It's warm but the clouds have barely lifted all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Another glorious day,but boy,do we need some rain,its as dry as my sense of humour,summer holidays in 3 weeks,guaranteed to be a deluge then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Breakdown being pushed back again. Is anyone else longing for rain? I know the fields and gardens are!

Quite a brisk wind here today making it feel a little fresher and the nights are quite cool. Dreading the humidity rising!

• Like 3

Posted

Wall-2-wall sunshine and 13.4C, a moderate NE breeze - so looking like another stonker. Anything between 19 and 25C will do.:yahoo:

Posted

Sun breaking through here. Forecast to reach 25c again.

arpegeuk-41-14-0.png?29-06

Possibly up to 30c on Sunday here.

arpegeuk-41-62-0.png?29-06

Posted

Contrary to all the forecasts I've seen, this morning's low cloud had burned off by 8 a.m., making it the fastest burn-back of the current spell!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

I forgot to upload photos I took yesterday whilst I went to Hothfield and went for a little adventure.. until I got lost but thanks to my phone I was able to get back safely

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

• Like 4

Posted

Now up to 23.4, and there's nary a cloud in the sky!