Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

The grass is dying and the rivers are drying up, are we officially in a drought yet?

• Like 1

Posted

Much nicer here in north kent. Sunny and warm, nice cooling breeze. Perfect summers day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
6 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

It'd all gone by 8 a.m., over here, Cap...15.1C and W-2-W sunshine and a 6 mph ESE breeze...

It actually took until mid-morning to clear, strangely it went from overcast to sunny in a matter of around 15 minutes, but currently the temperatures are trailing a little bit compared to yesterday. Still 26C know so not to be sniffed at but that unexpected mass of sea fog has probably knocked a couple of degree off what the maximum temperatures should have been today and of course will the low cloud be more extensive than predicted for the rest of the week? If the answer is yes then there could be disappointment for some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Clag alert!

North Sea cack now visible away to the east!!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
16 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Clag alert!

North Sea cack now visible away to the east!!

'North sea cack'-- This made me laugh more than it should have...

• Thanks 1

Posted

Feeling a lot cooler today although still mid 20s, west of London probably hot as less affected by E wind. This spell of weather certainly is not what I'd class as a proper summer heatwave nor a heatwave really. Hot southerlies bring the bacon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
21 hours ago, Djdazzle said:

30.1C at Hampton today. Good to see the 30C mark breached at last. Next milestone is 90F which will probably be achieved somewhere this week.

Let’s hope not

Posted
11 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Feeling a lot cooler today although still mid 20s, west of London probably hot as less affected by E wind. This spell of weather certainly is not what I'd class as a proper summer heatwave nor a heatwave really. Hot southerlies bring the bacon!

ECM 12z looking hot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
14 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Agree Daniel, I think the media frenzy has been more geared towards the fact that NW England and NI could hit 30c (pretty rare) 

Got to 28c here today and felt lovely but not what I would class as oppressive heat as some of the newspapers and TV weather forecasters cringely keep banging about how hot it is.. 

Sitting here now as the sun goes down, it feels very pleasant and not humid what so ever, nothing like the humidity and heat you can experience in Spain, as usual the media going OTT. 

Pretty sure the mediteranian countries must pi** themselves laughing at our media 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Scorching and sunny in Suffolk today, back to Norfolk late afternoon and once again too cold to sit in the garden. Ridiculous - I'm well to the west of Norwich but that's not good enough. 

Posted

Anywho, this Brown Alert is official: the carp is rapidly advancing from the NE!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
24 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Agree Daniel, I think the media frenzy has been more geared towards the fact that NW England and NI could hit 30c (pretty rare) 

Got to 28c here today and felt lovely but not what I would class as oppressive heat as some of the newspapers and TV weather forecasters cringely keep banging about how hot it is.. 

Sitting here now as the sun goes down, it feels very pleasant and not humid what so ever, nothing like the humidity and heat you can experience in Spain, as usual the media going OTT. 

Pretty sure the mediteranian countries must pi** themselves laughing at our media 

I guess in reality it isn't our heatwave, of course those in the north and west could very well experience something excpetional. Still given the output from the UKMO and ECM then it is not impossible that we could have a prolonged spell of very warm weather (Mid to high twenties) with this lasting into next week. To be honest that isn't bad going (Shame many of us will not be able to completely avoid the murk off the north sea).

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
7 hours ago, Dbarb said:

The grass is dying and the rivers are drying up, are we officially in a drought yet?

I think the lack of rain is more important than the heat at present,  the River Weaver has just announced limited locking hours today due to water shortages and although the canal reservoirs were pretty much up to 90-100% full at the end of April, the lack of rain and at least two serious breaches has denuded water stocks rapidly. 

• Like 1

Posted

Woken to cloud in Hawkinge, not forecast and not on the radar that I can see. Hope that soon burns off..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Cloudy start here in Hastings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Extensive low cloud across the region this morning. 

Wonder how long all that, is going to take to burn off 

Feels very chilly as well. 

Posted

Dry, bright and breezy, 12.9C...Sunny intervals are getting longer and longer...It's already 22C at Valley, but I know what I prefer!:D

Posted

Wall-2-wall sunshine and breezy, very pleasant 16.5C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

A lot of places are warming a lot slower today in this neck of the woods, but slowly catching up.

24.3c here, gin clear skies once more.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Stroudley said:

Warmest day of the month now - 25.6C and still climbing.

And 0 mm of rain for the whole month.

Not the warmest day, by a long way, here - but, nonetheless, a stonker: unbroken strong sunshine, a moderate NE breeze and 21.4C! What's more, the North Sea cloud in still visible, away to the east, guaranteeing another cool. comfortable night...

And, the Beeb are now forecasting another sunny, hot weekend!:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Cloud spoiled it this morning, but it did burn off to leave a nice sunny day, rinse and  repeat of how the weather has been all month. Wonder whether it'll be cloudy as usual tomorrow morning, or sunny from the get go. Highest temp today 18.6