Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The sun has finally gained ascendance over the cloud-cover...It certainly took long enough!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales

Sun came out for all of an hour and now just for a change is cloudy roll on a pattern change even if it means a bit of rain its better than this tedious rubbish.

Posted
On 08/06/2018 at 21:02, claret047 said:

Hello Snow Queen

Lovely day here in mid Essex, although it has cooled down a lot this evening. It was very humid during the early afternoon.

Kind Regards

Dave

Hello Dave 

Been manic this weekend gardening.  Great weather recently for getting out in the garden but I must admit I would love a good storm we missed out on some last week.

SQ1

• Like 1

Posted

Turned into a very nice clear and warm afternoon and evening here in Cambridge after the North Sea gloom cleared! Popped some runner bean seeds from last year into some pots today, hope they work! Cucumbers doing well and the courgette plant has fought off the snails and slugs to survive! I'm gonna get some organic food this summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Turned into a fabulous day eventually but I'm obviously not the only person tearing their hair out with this whole 1 in 7 days reasonably decent weather and the continual "but east coast cooler and cloudier" whilst everyone else has "very warm spells of sunshine with temperatures around 23C". And there's still little sign of change - I'd pay good money to see the wind swing to the SW or W 

Posted

I hear you Norfolk Sheep.....obviously you've been getting the North Sea gloom for a while  and we get it to a lesser extent here. I hope the weather does change and maybe a nice Azores high from the south west will cheer us all up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I know I'm staying the obvious but this weather is just so bleh. 

Posted

Well this morning's weather is certainly a marked improvement!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Warm sunshine here, 17C currently with light NE’ly winds. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A beautifully sunny day with fair weather cloud (Stratocumulus).  The temperature is 25 ° C but feels like 27°C, and is a lot warmer and sunnier than yesterday.  Winds coming from the ENE direction 9 mph and the visibility is very good.  The UV index is very high at 6 and is set to rise to 7 by 1pm.  The pollen count is high.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Morning bleugh cleared at about 11 and now it's a beautiful warm sunny day, would be hot if it wasn't for the NE breeze. Baking if you can find a sheltered spot, like me - I'm having lunch in the greenhouse 

Had to water the newly planted stuff on the allotment again, I'm sure my arms are getting longer carrying watering cans  (no hoses allowed here)

Edited by interested & confused
  • Like 2

Posted

23.5 C and feeling very warm in the sun. No rain so far this month, and the lawn is just starting to show signs of distress...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well no low cloud to start for once though there was some quite thick for across parts of the Fens and it was pretty chilly too. A glorious day with the temperature potentially scraping up to 25c with just a very light easterly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Yesterday me and my husband went to Duxford Museum and It was cloudy and quite chilly. It was that cloudy there that they suspended the spitfire flights that happen from there. 

Today had started off cloudy but now that’s all cleared and it’s a beautiful sunny warm day. I love these days. The heat doesn’t bother me or my kids at all, my oldest was annoyed with the school because they kept asking if he wanted his jumper off and he refused because he’s so used to the heat because they spent most of their life in the UAE it’s not an issue for them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous day! And on days off work. Reached 25C with only a few areas of mid-high level cloud passing by. Having an Aperol Spritz to celebrate

CCFCCFEA-F846-4414-AAF2-3F70A6252F1F.jpeg

• Like 1

Stunning start again, brief blip I think Thursday but even the met Office type up isn't all that bad given this was meant to be a more "unsettled" week 

London & South East England

Headline:

Sunny spells and a few showers developing.

Today:

After a cloudy start, some bright or sunny spells will gradually develop. Although most places will remain dry, there is the chance of the odd shower during the afternoon, and it will be less warm than of late. Light winds. Maximum temperature 20 °C.

Tonight:

Any evening showers will soon ease, leaving the rest of the night dry with clear spells. Winds will remain light, allowing the odd mist or fog patch to form. Minimum temperature 9 °C.

Wednesday:

It will be a dry start with warm sunny spells developing. Through the afternoon, the odd shower is possible, these soon easing through the evening. Winds will remain light. Maximum temperature 24 °C.

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

Breezy with spells of rain Thursday morning, with drier, brighter conditions following later. Warm Friday with sunshine and isolated showers. Showers more frequent on Saturday, and locally heavy and thundery.

• Like 1

Posted

Thoroughly cruddy morning, grey clouds and light to heavy drizzley rain. Was hoping to miss any rain, dog walking has been great the last few weeks with no muddy smelly dogs to bring home. I’d rather the light cloud with the sun coming through by afternoon, if this is what we’ve got coming over the next few days, the west wind can booger off.

Posted

Did I just hear the BBC's lunchtime forecaster say that today is 'brighter' than yesterday was (which it most certainly isn't!) or is the lack of paroxetine combined with a short course of Diazepam causing me to suffer more 'abnormalities' than mere moods wings! 

Pharmaceuticals move in mysterious ways?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Had showers on and off all afternoon which no forecast for my area picked up. Still, not complaining,  means I don't need to water the garden.