Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Teeming down here, big tropical blobs! A few flashes and rumbles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

It feels like another universe entirely up here, gloomy with a stiff NE wind all day. A high somehow of 17C.

Welcome to my world 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Heavy rain, thunder and lightning here again - I know I said at the weekend that the garden could do with a drop of rain, but didn't really expect as much as this

Posted

Expecting a hose pipe ban here within the next few days.....wouldn't surprise me!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Gah! It's all sliding to the south now, but tbh, anything could pop up at any time.

Lots of development in the North Sea, off the NE French coast, that is very active and slightly north of the current band so I'm feeling more hopeful.

And that lump coming out of Holland - who knows where that's going!

All calm, warm and drying up outside at the moment...

Lee, SE12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
15 minutes ago, Mark said:

Gah! It's all sliding to the south now, but tbh, anything could pop up at any time.

Lots of development in the North Sea, off the NE French coast, that is very active and slightly north of the current band so I'm feeling more hopeful.

And that lump coming out of Holland - who knows where that's going!

All calm, warm and drying up outside at the moment...

Lee, SE12

I’m looking at that nice clear slot over Belgium and NE France, hopefully that can head over to SE England overnight/tomorrow to give us some warm sunshine. It’s gone chilly here at 14C.

• Like 4

Posted

Stuck on a plane at Athens airport delayed nearly 2 hours so far with another hour expected while we wait for the 'congestion' at Heathrow to 'clear' following 'rain showers' delaying our incoming flight. We called the taxi company to let them know we are delayed who were amused we are expecting to make it back at all reporting 'chaos' and multiple cancelled flights. We are parked up in a 'remote' corner of the airfield to get us closer to the runway!

IMG_20180529_214511.jpg

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 3

Posted
Just now, Reefseeker said:

Stuck on a plane at Athens airport delayed nearly 2 hours so far with another hour expected while we wait for the 'congestion' at Heathrow to 'clear' following 'rain showers' delaying our incoming flight. We called the taxi company to let them know we are delayed who were amused we are expecting to make it back at all reporting 'chaos' and multiple cancelled flights. We are parked up in a 'remote' corner of the airfield to get us closer to the runway!

Good luck 

The current worst (for you) is over, but heavy bursts keep developing. There is now a clear window but for how long...

• Thanks 1

Posted

NOt gone above 13 degrees here today in North Essex. Rain most of the day too... eurgh... had planned to get out to all my bees but stayed home. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

That's quite an area of active storms leaving Holland this evening and heading towards East Anglia. It will be interesting to see how much electrical activity remains after the journey across the cool North Sea. But the heavy rainfall will certainly make the crossing and is already showing up on the Netweather radar.

808082442_Lightning29May20_00.thumb.jpg.2bab6798bdf88422b937e1456f6b945b.jpg1290568654_RadarTue20May19_55.thumb.jpg.f3d142c0eab03e48a4d425f1f137ce80.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine

Nothing exciting to report here in RH1, just rain and the odd rumble of thunder. 

Posted
19 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

That's quite an area of active storms leaving Holland this evening and heading towards East Anglia. It will be interesting to see how much electrical activity remains after the journey across the cool North Sea. But the heavy rainfall will certainly make the crossing and is already showing up on the Netweather radar.

808082442_Lightning29May20_00.thumb.jpg.2bab6798bdf88422b937e1456f6b945b.jpg1290568654_RadarTue20May19_55.thumb.jpg.f3d142c0eab03e48a4d425f1f137ce80.jpg

North sea had sucked the life poo it of it now...

Posted

Seems like a good time to be away. Seeing videos and reports from the Medway towns of the worst flooding I’ve seen in my lifetime in many different locations from rainham to Chatham to sittingbourne to waldersalde. Insane storms and rainfall. 

Posted

So, what do we think of what is coming across the North Sea? 

As a potential, it has strikes that are being recorded, but not I'm not sure it will make it this far. Feels like the energy isn't quite there now. 

The stream coming into North Kent looks fun though. 

Posted
25 minutes ago, Mark said:

So, what do we think of what is coming across the North Sea? 

As a potential, it has strikes that are being recorded, but not I'm not sure it will make it this far. Feels like the energy isn't quite there now. 

The stream coming into North Kent looks fun though. 

Limp as a wet lettuce compared with the northern edge. Typical. Norfolk can't get a storm from any direction these days, home grown are as rare as. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder snow is the best phenomenon

Praying we at least get some rain, feels like it hasn't rained in at least a month, I think that might be true actually..

Posted
5 minutes ago, Neglectedchicken said:

Praying we at least get some rain, feels like it hasn't rained in at least a month, I think that might be true actually..

You're not far wrong there, we had about 8mm last week and that's been it for the whole of May. Freshened up the garden a little but my grazing is in need of a damned good bath (and so are the sheep!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Started to get windy here. Blowing up for that big blob of rain heading for us.

Posted

I think "The Blob" is likely to hit the Essex and Kent as thundery rain. It might intensify once on land though. 

Just convection conjecture though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

well after an epic overheader this morning, we have had a few more flickers and rumbles this evening. Nothing will beat this mornings though. We lost the power for about half hour, and it got pretty dark in our caravan this morning. One flicker and rumble which actually sounded like the caravan exploding, gave a light that bright at exactly the same time as the explosive thunder right over head and an actual shout/scream came out of my mouth  There definitely is another one rumbling  around although pretty hard to hear anything as other half has tv on really loud. Just started raining again here. Here's hoping for no more awning floods. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

What a great four days it's been.

Got a lightning show on Saturday night, saw that Aylesbury cell from the coast on Sunday, got a decent storm yesterday, and a few more claps of thunder today. 

Happy days!

Just need an MCS from France to give us a beating like last year or in 2014, and the summer would be complete! 

Posted

Hmm let's see - Saturday, the odd sunny spell with a biting NE'ly, cold. Sunday - even colder, NE'ly gale blowing. Monday  - considerably warmer because it wasn't that windy for a change. Today, mostly grey and cloudy with the odd glimpse of sunshine, cold NE'ly breeze.