Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

The rumble and strobing is constant with occasional shotgun, longest, noisiest storm in years...and my partner is managing to sleep like a baby though this!!! How does he do it????

There is no let up here at all. Torrential rain now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Can confirm there's now lightning north of us as well as north west of us.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
5 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

00:40 updated

Flanked to the SE again - slap bang in the right place

290F48AD-B063-4415-9ECE-2A5D66141216.thumb.png.0d576b27c1f98f5bffc38b7e9836a4f9.png

Back-building down the M20 into SE London

The third cell if the night had far more in the way of cloud to cloud forks and booming thunder, rather than the constant slow grumbling thunder and stroke lightning earlier.

Just now, sunnijim said:

Back-building down the M20 into SE London

The third cell if the night had far more in the way of cloud to cloud forks and booming thunder, rather than the constant slow grumbling thunder and stroke lightning earlier.

This new one is crazy !!

louder & more forks !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Constant lightning and deep high up rumbles to my south and west. No rain yet. Been like this for about an hour

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

#+>¢™{™¥>¥>{™™!!! 

F me, that was one loud shotgun thunderclap! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm

We've had lightning mainly to the south of us for the past 1 to 2 hours, now it is becoming more widespread, surrounding us a bit more and the heavier rain has just started, sounding a bit more solid as I write, so I reckon there is hail with it. 

However not much thunder as yet, so that part must still be a way off but we are getting flashes every few seconds. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
2 minutes ago, anything-but said:

#+>¢™{™¥>¥>{™™!!! 

F me, that was one loud shotgun thunderclap! 

Nicely caught.  :)

Posted
1 minute ago, mike Meehan said:

We've had lightning mainly to the south of us for the past 1 to 2 hours, now it is becoming more widespread, surrounding us a bit more and the heavier rain has just started, sounding a bit more solid as I write, so I reckon there is hail with it. 

However not much thunder as yet, so that part must still be a way off but we are getting flashes every few seconds. 

The last twenty minutes have seen a big increase in the amounts of thunder just down the road here in St Albans, with a couple of shotgun claps to go with it. Surprised you guys haven't heard more in Watford. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Just started to rain here now. Lighting is constant and the rumbles are getting louder!

Posted

I've never heard rain like this (I can't see is I live in a flat with no outside light at the back) but I can tell you for certain the guttering has gone.

These shotgun strikes are seriously scary.

Posted

Wow just had the best thunderstorm I have ever seen in all my 48 years, 90 minutes of flashes literally every second or so. I will never complain about being storm starved ever again!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Wow I got thunder 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

A lot lot of lightning here. Virtually constant. And rolling thunder. Struggle to remember the last time I saw so much lightning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Still going -oh my the rain - lightning more to the back of me, goes quiet then it comes again. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Crazy storms in West Mids also, not seen/heard anything like this in UK before.

Posted

WOW! What a fracking storm ?

It's been a been a lonnnnnng time since July 2013 but the hills finally got one and yeah it was worth it!

Tried to take photos but failed jumping between windows to my south, west and then north so opted to take video, it was everywhere forking and so bloody good ?

Will post vid and/or stills after uploading IF they are worth it *nods* so gutted to watch on Blitzo that all systems died out as soon as dawn broke but hey maybe and hopefully the sparks will fly over the next few days for us all ?

• Like 1