Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Lots of undulatus cloud to my East.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Not worried we are missing the rain, no thunder from it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Glad I’m in the middle of the dry slot with rain to my north and south.

The garden and fields certainly do not need anymore rain around here after the weekly deluge that only finished 3 weeks ago. Farm at the back of my house loving this weather, he only told me yesterday that this dry spell is just what was needed. 

Looks like we are all going to get wet this weekend at some point though, so that should cure the fears of folk thinking we are living in the Sahara because it hasn’t pi**ed down all day for 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looks like the storm might reach here this time, now I've said that, hope I've not jinksed it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Everything is moving painfully slow this evening. Up to Yorkshire tomorrow for me. This exact time last year I was up there and apparently missed some good storms. No doubt this will happen again! 

Posted

I wonder will we get another storm in London between 1-3am. Looks possible.The number of times that has happened over the last few years is incredible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Hopefully all this overcast rubbish will clear away by tomorrow. Much prefer the sunny skies of the last couple of weeks. I don’t want go camping in the rain this weekend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Woken up by very heavy rain, hopefully will start to clear in the next couple of hours :)

Morning gang, 

The general theme for today is that everything will lift slowly north and introduce those sunny skies again but could spark off a few very isolated thuderstorms. 

Over the weekend the trend has been for the south west to nick all the storms currently I still think the further west you are the best chance of seeing a storm. 

But this is not set in stone there is so much difference within the models this morning its going to be a case of watching the models and seeing anything that suggests a higher chance of storms

We also have the issue of crud and rain from storms that die out over France which was the case yesterday and today associated with a small surface low that drifted out of northern France last night. 

Im not expecting anything that special till the start of next week.. Maybe Sunday early morning also but with so much chopping and changing its hard to tell at the moment 

Edited by Surrey

Posted

Business as usual.

Steady moderate rain with dull dank skies this morning! 

Hope the sunshine returns this afternoon. 

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted

Just back from dog walking.

Fields bogged, very wet, huge puddles. Grey and miserable... it’s like we’ve rewinded back to November 

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like we'll miss out on any storms which is a shame. Will be happy enough if the sun makes a return though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Grey and chilly start here. Looking at the radar, the rain is gradually moving away to the NW. But satellite images show plenty of low cloud left behind. Fingers crossed for a proper clearance and sunny skies this afternoon.

Posted

Charts now showing potential for my area today. Doesn't feel like it though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Got a damp mist this morning, hope it burns off soon.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Going to take some to clear this crud left over from storms and rain its almost misty here in Marlow. 

Not sure we will see the sun this far inland today, no signs of it burning away at all and there is quite a lot of it 

No chance of this cloud shifting today. Just look at the satellite picture.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Dry and still mostly cloudy, though have had one or two glimpses of sunshine; 17C with a very light ENE breeze so hoping for some sunshine after lunch. No chance of home-grown thunderstorms as we are too close to the coast.

Posted

BBC have flood warnings for this weekend in my area!

12 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

No chance of this cloud shifting today. Just look at the satellite picture.

Hate to say it but I agree with this any chance of a bright afternoon is slipping away now.. It's because of how much moisture there is in the air and how humid it is. Like giant soup bowl. 

Storm chance has all but vanished now for all areas apart from the far west. High RES models can't agree on anything notable until next week maybe Monday. 

Hopefully and this is a big hope, we see some sun again tomorrow as we stay dry and very humid. But I have a feeling that anything that fires over northern France will spoil our sunshine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
13 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Hate to say it but I agree with this any chance of a bright afternoon is slipping away now.. It's because of how much moisture there is in the air and how humid it is. Like giant soup bowl. 

Storm chance has all but vanished now for all areas apart from the far west. High RES models can't agree on anything notable until next week maybe Monday. 

Hopefully and this is a big hope, we see some sun again tomorrow as we stay dry and very humid. But I have a feeling that anything that fires over northern France will spoil our sunshine

So are you calling this weekend a bust already??

Posted
21 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Confident we'll get some late afternoon/evening sun but I fear your right about storms despite metro warnings

1 hour ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

So are you calling this weekend a bust already??

Not sure yet, confidence definitely dropped from 50% to 20% now. Main reason being extra cloud and lower temperatures today already proving very stubborn to shift. 

Second thing is a lot of indicators point towards some pretty impressive storms over northern France later today drifting North and as they do they die out. Only one model has intense storms over our part of the world and that's the arome and its been performing not that great this week. So that means more crud and low cloud for tomorrow inhibiting any warming unless it can shift off quicker 

I would say our chances have dropped from what it looked like a good show at the start of the week