Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Strange storm last night. Torrential rain between about 2 and 3.30. Several booms of thunder and very bright lightening. Local park flooded earlier. 

Edited by Wimbledon88
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

GFS showing downgrade for the weekend but still looking quite juicy.

7 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Looks perfect to me for the weekend, nice and warm with some sunshine, but not too hot to make it difficult to sleep at night or burn you to pieces during the day, can't go wrong with that!

Not sure I fully agree, the humidity wl be really going up from tomorrow.. 

Posted

MetO seems to be well off for this weekend. Not even showing rain!

Norwich/Norfolk hold tight some heavy echos starting to appear on radar sat also suggests cloud moving in, this is where the high RES models bring in some torrential rain later.

Stuff to South of London not making much progress north more west so could brighten up here later but that may spark some storms sun has been out here in great missinden and its very humid when it does 

Posted
36 minutes ago, Lauren said:

MetO seems to be well off for this weekend. Not even showing rain!

BBC on the otherhand have the storm symbol from 9pm Saturday until 11am Sunday!

Edited by Lauren

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Still overcast here. Dry now but very disappointing as the clear skies are just to the N and E of here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

It's raining heavily and is HUMID!

The storm symbol has been disappearing on ipod weather app over the last day...had Saturday, Sunday & Monday....but now just Sunday. Rain the rest of the time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

Norwich/Norfolk hold tight some heavy echos starting to appear on radar sat also suggests cloud moving in, this is where the high RES models bring in some torrential rain later.

Stuff to South of London not making much progress north more west so could brighten up here later but that may spark some storms sun has been out here in great missinden and its very humid when it does 

Quite dark to the SE towards Suffolk, odd spits and spots or rain here. Temp has dropped quite a bit!

2 hours ago, Lauren said:

BBC on the otherhand have the storm symbol from 9pm Saturday until 11am Sunday!

Ignore the symbols and blah blah that they churn out or should I say the computer does. 

I absolutely loved the met Office way or explaining storm risk areas. Imagine boiling a pan of water. We know the water will boil, but where do the first bubbles form. Such a great way of explaining storm risk areas. 

To be honest I think a lot of people will be pretty surprised with the weekend weather I don't think it's going to be as stormy for us as first thought.

Infact the trend as I mentioned earlier is for the south west to take most of the storms if any fire within the messy convection which looks forcast. 

Today is a prime example of why it's so hard to forcast thunderstorms, we were due some today but because of crud from last night's stuff over France and us it's limited the heating available. The best chance looks today for somewhere maybe around Aylesbury?? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
23 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Quite dark to the SE towards Suffolk, odd spits and spots or rain here. Temp has dropped quite a bit!

Just had a short spell of 'thundery' rain...No thunder though.

Posted

Well that was weird...heard thunder just now but nothing on the radar....I'm questing my own sanity!!

EDIT: My neighbour in the flat below is playing a computer game with loud bangs and rumbles...ignore the thunder thing

Edited by Team Squirrel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
5 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Strange storm last night. Torrential rain between about 2 and 3.30. Several booms of thunder and very bright lightening. Local park flooded earlier. 

The drains at my workplace couldn't handle the intensity of the rain and flooded parts of the warehouse, luckily it only lasted a few minutes otherwise we'd have a lot of damaged stock.. I like heavy rain but that was a tad excessive lol..     

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

Ignore the symbols and blah blah that they churn out or should I say the computer does. 

I absolutely loved the met Office way or explaining storm risk areas. Imagine boiling a pan of water. We know the water will boil, but where do the first bubbles form. Such a great way of explaining storm risk areas. 

To be honest I think a lot of people will be pretty surprised with the weekend weather I don't think it's going to be as stormy for us as first thought.

Infact the trend as I mentioned earlier is for the south west to take most of the storms if any fire within the messy convection which looks forcast. 

Today is a prime example of why it's so hard to forcast thunderstorms, we were due some today but because of crud from last night's stuff over France and us it's limited the heating available. The best chance looks today for somewhere maybe around Aylesbury?? 

Would be very disappointed if it skipped me completely. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Lovely steady rain for the last hour or so, just what the garden and fields ordered 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A better day today, the low cloud cleared by mid morning to leave a sunny and warm day. Well until this cloud moved in from the continent which is now giving some light rain. A high of 22C.