Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
27 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Accuweather's forecast for this summer looking very promising for our Region. Hopefully some good thunderstorms along the way will mean we avoid a drought.    

1736952960_AccuweatherSummerFcasttweet19May.thumb.jpg.dd2a143e859391e806b69434feda877b.jpg

Warm, dry summer expected from United Kingdom to Belgium, Netherlands

Prolonged periods of warm and dry weather will be the theme of the summer across the British Isles, northwestern France, Belgium and Netherlands. The overall warm pattern will likely result in one of the warmest summers of the past decade. “Going back to 2010, this summer will rank as one of the top three warmest across United Kingdom as a whole," Roys said. The prolonged warm and dry weather will increase the risk for drought conditions which could impact agriculture.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/2018-europe-summer-forecast-intense-heat-to-seize-france-to-germany-fierce-storms-to-hit-poland-to-italy-romania/70004928

Sounds great, as you say hopefully a few storms to keep the drought away though .

• Like 1

Posted

Hopefully this means we’ll lose the daily morning cloud/mist and that ever present NE’ly breeze!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Lots of acc cas visible through the most, let's see what occurs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
10 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Sounds great, as you say hopefully a few storms to keep the drought away though .

Yeah, it's nice to have a bit of rain every now and again to freshen the land and the air.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Morning all...Well last-night's fog, though it came down thick and early, had burned off by 6 a.m. this morning; it's now sunny and 16C with detached thunderheads floating around...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Looking forward to some WILD thunderstorms later. 

Jokin'

Looking forward to a few heavy showers later. 

Posted

Cloud had already rolled back, lovely and warm now. Hopefully a storm this afternoon, otherwise as you where for for the rest of this week. Models suggest more in the way of cloud amount, rather than wall to wall sunshine. And then potentially looking good for storms as we progress through the bank holiday weekend. Looking even further ahead the ECM suggest a bit of cool down as heights rise over Greenland, although still looks pleasent. 

I can't believe the weather we have been experiencing the last few weeks and like I said over the weekend, I really think we are on the cusp of something quite special, although may has been a superb month so far, going to take some beating! 

As this week goes by sunny warm and dry although a few thundery showers also but these look very far and few between if at all because of high pressure in control.. 

As we head into the later part of the week and into the weekend, the GFS wants to turn the temperature up a little and with it comes increased humidity which yep you guessed it increased risk of thunderstorms. 

Infact I wouldn't be surprised if we get to the 30c mark before the month is out as things stand.. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

It's all gone cloudy on the Sussex coast, need this crap to shift if there's going to be any storms! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

First storms firing in Belgium now, I expect they are surface based though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Early sunshine has given way to multi-layer cloud, but temp is now up to 20C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Infact I wouldn't be surprised if we get to the 30c mark before the month is out as things stand.. 

Wonderful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It's quite pleasant, light breeze nice temp. Finished cleaning the upstairs \o/ I will be in trouble later. Bubs went to school without a hat so they won't let her play on the field opps.

No storms for me pity.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

cloud increasing, humidity increasing and according to my weather station, it's going to rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Big rain drops here now!:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.

I'm seeing forecasts of 26C for next Monday in London. When, if ever have both May bank holidays been hot and sunny I wonder, I can't remember myself.

• Like 1

Posted

Gone very dark here,could be a shower on way,some interesting cloudscapes too. At least its a break from the glaring blue sky monotony. Hopefully a good dollop of rain over next few days from storms.

Perfect day for outdoor working.

1 hour ago, Seasonality said:

I'm seeing forecasts of 26C for next Monday in London. When, if ever have both May bank holidays been hot and sunny I wonder, I can't remember myself.

I think next Monday will be one of the most humid bank holidays on record as things stand.. 

@Wimbledon88 yes some nice showers and storms out west of our region, but I hate to say this today was our best bet until the end of the week and weekend for storms.. Today held the highest chance for our little coner of the world until something pops up 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Hello Everyone! Today has been getting increasingly humid, but the cloud broke up at around 12:30, leaving us with some nice sunshine. There was some impressive Mammatus cloud this morning from elevated mid-level instability, but nothing more than that. What's our chances thunderstorm-wise for tonight?

Posted

Quite a few strikes further west , I thought the forecast was for isolated showers in the south in general , this seems a little more widespread , maybe there will be more of a risk than expected going through the week .

9FC89D36-2730-445D-A15A-969213FA1B80.png

071D957E-A5AF-42C9-B8A1-48AEC529FB84.png

Posted

There seems to be a small cloud above me making lots of noise and dropping bolts everywhere

Posted
1 minute ago, nanu said:

There seems to be a small cloud above me making lots of noise and dropping bolts everywhere

Yep strike near Croydon 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lots of towers going up very rapidly to my NE/E....

6DE3347B-E762-442C-8230-7B2A1494723F.jpeg

• Like 4