Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

lots of nice weathery posts in here today, Captain shortwave will be happy Tomorrow sun, weekend sun, next week sun, bank holiday sun:good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
19 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

lots of nice weathery posts in here today, Captain shortwave will be happy Tomorrow sun, weekend sun, next week sun, bank holiday sun:good:

Warming up nicely over the weekend for your goat BBQ, 20c maybe 21c in London looking likely, yes with sun.:D

Edited by snowray

Well another absolutely stunning day.. Same old grumpy people in the mod thread trying to do thier best to pick a chart that doesn't show dry and sunny weather.. 

How on earth can you not like this kind of weather? Makes everyone really happy and brings all the wildlife out.. 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I think it's surprisingly cold outside!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Well another absolutely stunning day.. Same old grumpy people in the mod thread trying to do thier best to pick a chart that doesn't show dry and sunny weather.. 

How on earth can you not like this kind of weather? Makes everyone really happy and brings all the wildlife out.. 

It also brings out chavs and drunks lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

It also brings out chavs and drunks lol

But they’re ever present now, infesting this once pleasant land ☹️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

I agree. Though the wind is rather cool, but it’s a definite improvement on yesterday with plenty of lovely sunshine. 16C here currently with a N’ly breeze. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

A bit fed up with this chilly breeze.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
49 minutes ago, Dami said:

On and off throughout this year so far, ** me off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Felt really chilly this morning, took mum for hospital appointments, really hard going with her dementia, she then stubbornly decided she didn't want to get out of the car when we got back, sat in the car for well over an hour until her carer came at 3pm and we finally convinced her to get out, proper mad.  But what a change in the afternoon, feels baking hot in my garden, or is it hot flushes? Oh dear.... maybe its the male menopause thats started?:unsure2:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
1 hour ago, Dami said:

Yep. Just when you think you can take your cardi off, that breeze smacks you in the face 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Royal Tea Party? Really!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

8C currently, dew point 6.2C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

10C and wall-to-wall cloud. Not a good start at all...

Posted

What's this, what's this? Talk of thunder next week??? My allotment is on a hill and I can see from Marlow to Bagshot/Ascot which must be 20 miles away and would be brilliant to watch storms, but unfortunately there is no place to shelter at all!

Looking forward to a mad planing out session on Sunday now the chilliest of the night is over.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Looks like the weather is going to be pretty good for near the next week, pleasantly warm and sunny. One down side though so far this spring is that thunderstorms (if that's what your after) aren't on the agenda.

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
1 hour ago, Team Squirrel said:

What's this, what's this? Talk of thunder next week??? My allotment is on a hill and I can see from Marlow to Bagshot/Ascot which must be 20 miles away and would be brilliant to watch storms, but unfortunately there is no place to shelter at all!

Looking forward to a mad planing out session on Sunday now the chilliest of the night is over.

Sounds like the perfect spot to watch any thundery activity. Do you have a shed or polytunnel/greenhouse that you could shelter in, if it rains? What are you growing this year? I’m sooo behind, but at least I do have fabulous pepper and chilli plants that I started from seed in February. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Still grey, vile and dire. Temp up to a stonking 11C, however!

Posted
4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Sounds like the perfect spot to watch any thundery activity. Do you have a shed or polytunnel/greenhouse that you could shelter in, if it rains? What are you growing this year? I’m sooo behind, but at least I do have fabulous pepper and chilli plants that I started from seed in February. 

I think the chilly, late arrival of springs has left everyone behind! And also a lot of stuff has rotted rather than germinated, my peas for example. Glad to hear the chillis are going well, I'm worried about mine, they're so small and just don't seem to be growing. I'm growing all the usual stuff (potatoes, runners, chillis, courgettes, salad bed, spinach, squash) but giving 'Munchkin' pumpkins a go, they are miniature pumpkins that grow up vines.  And emir melons!

We grew hops from seed last year - out of  approx 30 seeds, four germinated and two of those seedlings died, one got eaten by a slug which left us with one plant! However, it's a female thankfully. It grew three branches and about 4 metres last summer, this year it's growing about half a meter a week and we've had to loop it back onto itself...and it's only May!!

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Lovely few days here in east sussex....off to our "second" home in Norfolk (boat) tomorrow. Can't wait! Looks to be consistently a few degrees down on sussex but looks dry enough bar the threat of an occasional thundery shower!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Up early with the missus, before she set off for a 12 hour shift, at a Residential Care Home in Chislehurst. They are having a "Royal Wedding" themed lunch today, for the residents and the Home is bedecked, in bunting.

Hope mods don't mind, as the country is in "wedding mode", thought it might be nice to share weather memories, of our wedding days. Mine and Colette's wedding day was on 15th February, 2010. It was a pretty chilly day, max temps were only around 4c/5c. When we came out of the Registry Office, in Sidcup, N.W.Kent, we posed for our photos, in light wintry flurries, natures own, "natural confetti". Here is the synoptic chart, from that day:

archives-2010-2-15-12-0.png

image.png.15ac39d4bec3dc03618e911de6fcb8ae.png
As you can see, my bride only had a thin, lacy cardigan on, over her wedding dress,
poor thing!!

What were weather conditions like, for your wedding. Did you get married in a violent 
thunderstorm, or heavy snow?

Perhaps you could also post up a synoptic chart, from the day of your wedding?

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 3

Is it okay to say it again? What a glorious start.. Do we need to get use to this this year? 

Cracking set of model runs recently I think we are on the cusp of something special.. 

I always fear when we have a long winter with the setup we had that it will take ages to get things back to normal  but on the other hand it has been known that SSW events in winter can impact summer in a positive way though (if its heat and storms you like) 

Brace yourselves.. Summer is on the way