Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Well that's over a week now of sunshine in my part of the world.. Absolutely epic, and the chance of some thunderstorms over the weekend superb! 

The last week has indeed been lovely and often sunny. About time. It goes at least some way, toward making up for how awfully dull and sun starved much of April was. 

Today is nice enough here so far, sunny spells with a keen SE’ly breeze and 16C currently.

Are you getting any fruit/veg planting done, this year? Sounds like you’re very busy with your garden maintenance job.

Edited by stainesbloke

22 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

The last week has indeed been lovely and often sunny. About time. It goes at least some way, toward making up for how awfully dull and sun starved much of April was. 

Today is nice enough here so far, sunny spells with a keen SE’ly breeze and 16C currently.

Are you getting any fruit/veg planting done, this year? Sounds like you’re very busy with your garden maintenance job.

I dropped out of garden maintenance people want stuff done for nothing it frustrates me so much, plus it's a saturated market so many little one man bands that want to do it for £10 ph. 

I still have a passion foyr my garden I will take some photos and do a type up over weekend of what I have growing this year. 

I've moved onto carpentry and set my sights on it. A carpenter in London is on £300-400 a day now if he knows structural works also smashes a gardener out the water lol! Of course it's going to take me years and years to get to that kind of money but my first course is in September at the cost of £1700!!

But I'm working with some fantastic guys that really know thier stuff it also helps my dad is very well known in London in the construction industry. 

My new path is set and a lot of people are watching lol! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Yes,far too many emogis on there. Wonder who will be first to use the middle finger one! 

11.6 here,beautiful morning,could be some thundery downpours over weekend.

my guess is that this emoji will be first used in the MOD thread, although i've just used it :oops:Sunny and a bit cooler today

Posted

Personally I prefer the cooler weather when I am working. Which I am not now, but last bank holiday Monday i was. Typical!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Lovely start here, but not set to last with outbreaks of rain by this afternoon. Over the next 36 hours high res models suggesting up to an inch (25mm) of rain for many, possibly more locally. I'm going to be very selfish and say I'm looking forward to a soaking as I've spent the last few days re-planting Mrs Blessed's 49 flower pots and now two of my three 50 gallon water butts are empty. Sorry!

This morning's satellite and radar imagery shows the sweep of cloud from the cold front and outbreaks of rain over France, moving north. The satellite also shows the break in the front giving this morning's sunshine:

604853413_CloudSat12May07_00.thumb.png.6ff6e9dd78e41d420960dad2f088a89f.png828642530_RainfallSat12May07_00.thumb.jpg.cbd36bb2e478f5fa7659ef36d8bc23c8.jpg

Some uncertainty about how far west/east the wiggling cold front will move, but it's looking very wet for most as indicated by the precipitation accumulation charts to 23.00 Sunday from GFS, NMM and Arpege:

1247578691_CumPrecipSun13May23.00GFS.thumb.png.47d99c819dc6e7f4fdf7f5ff009914ed.png62886661_CumPrecipSun13May23.00NMM.thumb.png.8276714fa8ae76225804729146d0773c.png1366015287_CumPrecipSun13May23.00Arpege.thumb.png.65e5c74b588bdbbd386f0b94e1e42aab.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
On 11/05/2018 at 12:16, Surrey said:

But I'm working with some fantastic guys that really know thier stuff it also helps my dad is very well known in London in the construction industry. 

I see Surrey. So we can safely say that you are "a chippie off the old block".

Good luck with your change of venture. There is always demand for tradesmen in the construction industry. I worked in it for a number of years before I retired and one of my sons is an electrician.

The weather here is not good at all now. That means my planned BBQ is now off.

Kind Regards

Dave 

• Like 1

Posted

it's not very heavy, need it to really get going considering all of next week will be sunny

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

Glad we got some rain, the plants do need it!. 

Yes Dave and a dieing trade to, plenty of plumbers sparkies plasters etc.. But a good carpenter is becoming fewer and fewer. 

One reason because its not offered at an early stage, school leavers etc.. 

Hello Surrey.

The work of carpenters is so varied . As well as conventional carpentry works, carpenters also install shuttering to trenches as well as form for installation of concreted pour for bridges.

Still raining here. I hope tomorrow is not a washout as our grandson is staying with us and we need to get out to keep him amused.

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Raining here since approximately 1pm, some heavier bursts have fallen and there are plenty of big puddles forming. Looking at the radar, there’s a big area of heavy rain moving up towards the W half of our region. Forecast a bit off, as it was the E that was meant to be wettest. Feeling chilly at just 13C, though I’m happy it’s raining as it’ll make digging the garden a lot easier. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
2 hours ago, essex coast matt said:

May be a Kent and Essex clipper working up from the south on the lightning map

IMG_20180512_182711773.jpg

Torrential rain Maidstone, Kent up into Essex, Basildon looking particularly bad, might be some flooding around.:unsure2:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Is everyone watching Eurovision tonight?:unknw::)

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Surrey said:

Just messaged our local police someone in the village has been playing music from 9pm last night and I'm not joking... They are still playing it now. 

They’re either nasty, selfish chavs, or dead  

I’m curious to know how much rain Heathrow received yesterday. Would anyone here know? 

Quite nice morning here, sunshine and some clouds but looks like conditions improving as the day progresses. Currently a cool 12C with barely any wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
20 hours ago, Surrey said:

Glad we got some rain, the plants do need it!. 

Yes Dave and a dieing trade to, plenty of plumbers sparkies plasters etc.. But a good carpenter is becoming fewer and fewer. 

One reason because its not offered at an early stage, school leavers etc.. 

It should be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
48 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

They’re either nasty, selfish chavs, or dead  

I’m curious to know how much rain Heathrow received yesterday. Would anyone here know? 

Quite nice morning here, sunshine and some clouds but looks like conditions improving as the day progresses. Currently a cool 12C with barely any wind.

According to Weathercast....9.2mm for Heathrow.

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/world-weather/weather-stations/obsid/3772.htm.

It ended up being better than I expected down here on the coast for much of the day, the heavier rain not arriving until around 4pm and even then not amounting to much. Just 9mm at Herstmonceux

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wasn'tto bad here either and only 10mm fell.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

had some decent rain for the garden ahead of a dry sunny week, are we using up all our high pressures in May, will the rest of the summer be dog biscuits?

Posted
7 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

According to Weathercast....9.2mm for Heathrow.

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/world-weather/weather-stations/obsid/3772.htm.

It ended up being better than I expected down here on the coast for much of the day, the heavier rain not arriving until around 4pm and even then not amounting to much. Just 9mm at Herstmonceux

Thank you  

Was useful, steady rain here for about 5 hours. It is looking quite dry for the foreseeable. 

• Like 1

Posted

had wall's sausages and wall's ice cream as we sat outside and enjoyed the wall to wall sunshine