Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
26 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Lol, no goats ??

No. I fancy a bit of llama now, gone of them old goats.;)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another lovely day with a high of 25c. There was a bit more of a breeze today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

no one had a storm last night then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Hi everyone, 

I hope everyone is doing well. I haven’t been about for a few weeks because of one thing and another. Missed you all mum is noe hopefully on the mend. 

Mom loving this weather, I love the heat and seeing the sun everyday it always makes me feel more happy within myself.

The kids have been out in the paddling pool and we have had a few bbq’s. Today is slightly cooler boooooooooooooo but still nice. 

Does anybody know how long this weather streak will last?????

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
48 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Hi everyone, 

I hope everyone is doing well. I haven’t been about for a few weeks because of one thing and another. Missed you all mum is noe hopefully on the mend. 

Mom loving this weather, I love the heat and seeing the sun everyday it always makes me feel more happy within myself.

The kids have been out in the paddling pool and we have had a few bbq’s. Today is slightly cooler boooooooooooooo but still nice. 

Does anybody know how long this weather streak will last?????

Supposed to cool off from tomorrow, with the best of the dry weather in the southeast for the rest of the week. The west of the UK will get most of the rain and we will get the least.

• Like 1

Fantastic long range forcast on the met 

Outlook for the UK over the next 6-30 days

UK Outlook for Sunday 13 May 2018 to Tuesday 22 May 2018:

Changeable to end the weekend with a mixture of showers and some longer spells of rain, as well as some drier and brighter weather. Showers will be heavy with a risk of hail and thunder, whilst more organised spells of rain are most likely to be across eastern and northeastern areas. Temperatures will remain on the cool side for many through Sunday, although becoming somewhat warmer into Monday. Through the middle of May there is low confidence in the forecast but there are signs that it may turn drier and more settled at times. Despite this, there remains the possibility of some mixed weather with rain or showers, perhaps most frequent across the northwest and far southeast. Temperatures are likely to become generally above average, with some warm spells possible.

UK Outlook for Wednesday 23 May 2018 to Wednesday 6 Jun 2018:

Confidence in the forecast detail through this period is low, but generally mixed conditions are expected for the remainder of May and into the start of June. The weather patterns will probably only change slowly, so this is likely to bring periods of dry weather, interspersed with shorter, more changeable spells with showery rain. There remains the risk that southern and eastern areas could see some thundery spells too. Overall, temperatures will probably be above normal, but there remains a risk for further very warm weather especially around thundery spells. Despite this, there could be some large contrasts across the UK from day to day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Nice morning here, still feeling warm but quite a lot of cloud has bubbled up. Light winds and 17C at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Nice morning here, still feeling warm but quite a lot of cloud has bubbled up. Light winds and 17C at the moment.

Same here except temp is lower just 15 so far, maybe more breezy as well.

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Fantastic long range forcast on the met 

Outlook for the UK over the next 6-30 days

UK Outlook for Sunday 13 May 2018 to Tuesday 22 May 2018:

Changeable to end the weekend with a mixture of showers and some longer spells of rain, as well as some drier and brighter weather. Showers will be heavy with a risk of hail and thunder, whilst more organised spells of rain are most likely to be across eastern and northeastern areas. Temperatures will remain on the cool side for many through Sunday, although becoming somewhat warmer into Monday. Through the middle of May there is low confidence in the forecast but there are signs that it may turn drier and more settled at times. Despite this, there remains the possibility of some mixed weather with rain or showers, perhaps most frequent across the northwest and far southeast. Temperatures are likely to become generally above average, with some warm spells possible.

UK Outlook for Wednesday 23 May 2018 to Wednesday 6 Jun 2018:

Confidence in the forecast detail through this period is low, but generally mixed conditions are expected for the remainder of May and into the start of June. The weather patterns will probably only change slowly, so this is likely to bring periods of dry weather, interspersed with shorter, more changeable spells with showery rain. There remains the risk that southern and eastern areas could see some thundery spells too. Overall, temperatures will probably be above normal, but there remains a risk for further very warm weather especially around thundery spells. Despite this, there could be some large contrasts across the UK from day to day.

That forecast could be summarised in three words "HAVE'NT A CLUE".

And as for the 'risk for further very warm weather' bit,what sort of rubbish is that????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

For people like me who can't stand heat, a risk of very warm isn't overly welcome. Risk of thunder though? mm I'll have that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Well I can't complain was expecting it to feel a lot cooler but its really nice in my garden, mainly sunny and 20c.

Posted
2 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

That forecast could be summarised in three words "HAVE'NT A CLUE".

And as for the 'risk for further very warm weather' bit,what sort of rubbish is that????

25c  here, i would have to agree wimbledon it's flogging summer so the risk of further very warm flogging weather is a flogging no-brainer:fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.

Still warm and pleasant in London.

• Like 1

Posted

Feels very warm here too, 21c, perfect. By the look of things its going to be either St James park or Gravesend for the top spot again today with close to a 22c max.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
7 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Same here except temp is lower just 15 so far, maybe more breezy as well.

Ended up being a lovely day here, the cloud mostly melted away and it felt very nice with 21C reached. Cooling off now as it clouds over from the W as the front approaches. Hopefully, you got higher than 15C?

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Ended up being a lovely day here, the cloud mostly melted away and it felt very nice with 21C reached. Cooling off now as it clouds over from the W as the front approaches. Hopefully, you got higher than 15C?

High of 17.8 but it felt nice and warm.

• Like 3

Posted

was woken up by the smell of burning, my neighbours are having a bbq:cc_confused: It's cooler tonight, will they be finished by 2.30am when the rain is forecast to arrive?

Posted
8 hours ago, lassie23 said:

was woken up by the smell of burning, my neighbours are having a bbq:cc_confused: It's cooler tonight, will they be finished by 2.30am when the rain is forecast to arrive?

Well looks like folk can put away their bbqs and flip flops and their 'How to be Australian' guide for the foreseeable.

Posted

A reasonable day here, so far. The fresh breeze is a bit cool but with long sunny spells, it doesn’t feel too bad at 16C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

cool today only 14c here in N Surrey with a new point of 3.9c , bright and pleasant though ..

Posted

wasn't that bad today, tonight is cooler and the neighbours have fired up the bbq again, a bit earlier than last night why are there so many smiles now lol including a middle finger one:oops:

Posted
9 hours ago, lassie23 said:

wasn't that bad today, tonight is cooler and the neighbours have fired up the bbq again, a bit earlier than last night why are there so many smiles now lol including a middle finger one:oops:

Yes,far too many emogis on there. Wonder who will be first to use the middle finger one! 

11.6 here,beautiful morning,could be some thundery downpours over weekend.

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely out there again today, some humidity in thee mix though unfortunately