Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A wonderfully warm and sunny day today in South Ockendon. I was at the May day local community celebrations on the green outside the library where there was maypole dancing which I took part in. The top temperature today was 25 °C .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

A high of 24.6'here with a nice cool wind, keep it up weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

This and the April heat have been very noteworthy for the high maxima, as well as the total lack of cloud. We’ve had a third day of clear blue skies today, April’s heat was similar....shows what a dry airmass and low humidity can do. Fantastic. Got close to 27c in the afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

This and the April heat have been very noteworthy for the high maxima, as well as the total lack of cloud. We’ve had a third day of clear blue skies today, April’s heat was similar....shows what a dry airmass and low humidity can do. Fantastic. Got close to 27c in the afternoon.

The humidity here is not as dry as April's heatwave, unless out in the cooling and it does feel more oppressive.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

28c IMBY, run out of magnums

I got a few left and some hop house lager, oh and lots of the old vino bianco.......and yet another BBQ on the go.:drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
15 minutes ago, snowray said:

I got a few left and some hop house lager, oh and lots of the old vino bianco.......and yet another BBQ on the go.:drunk-emoji:

i goat none left, like the almond ones

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
11 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i goat none left, like the almond ones

You goat to go and goat some more then Lass....innit!;)

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowray said:

You goat to go and goat some more then Lass....innit!;)

i'll goat right on it:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Just back home from an afternoon at primrose hill with friends. Felt like 30c there today with nothing but blue sky.

Not as warm or sunny (although London still within a chance of reaching 28c tomorrow) the next couple of days looking very decent and still feeling very pleasant in sunshine. 

No washout in sight in the reliable, I’m sure the farm round the corner from me is estastic, rain been a real problem for them this winter. 

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i'll goat right on it:rofl:

I could introduce you to a nice local goat I know, here's a pic, let me know if your interested?:)

GOAT FUNNY.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Though not from the South East, happened to take a pic of this today while on a May Day walk:

4A0C6090-6D74-4F48-9D04-36FACE48C5DE.thumb.jpeg.b581d14c77c294bcc5d7d07567fb2775.jpeg

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Though not from the South East, happened to take a pic of this today while on a May Day walk:

4A0C6090-6D74-4F48-9D04-36FACE48C5DE.thumb.jpeg.b581d14c77c294bcc5d7d07567fb2775.jpeg

Llamas, they are so cute.:)

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowray said:

Llamas, they are so cute.:)

Yeah, they are, especially the way they walk up towards you! :)

Thought it was worth posting it here due to them looking similar to the pic you posted (minus the face pulling )

Posted
2 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Yeah, they are, especially the way they walk up towards you! :)

Thought it was worth posting it here due to them looking similar to the pic you posted (minus the face pulling )

Its quite easy to get your llamas mixed up with your goats you know until you get up real close.

Posted
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Its quite easy to get your llamas mixed up with your goats you know until you get up real close.

Tell me about it!

Posted

Best bank holiday of the year you can pretty certain of that! Another day of blue skies comfortable warmth too despite reaching high 20s with low humidity, it doesn’t get any better than this in early May. :) 

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

i just thought they were goats with fuzzy hair:oops:

Posted
21 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i just thought they were goats with fuzzy hair:oops:

Perhaps they are...

Another glorious day today, risk of some t storms but looks like only in the east.. 

Tomorrow little less hot but still looks fine and Thursday, if we get a sunny day on both days that's a week long sunny spell in my part of the world... In May that is quite something 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
33 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Another glorious day today, risk of some t storms but looks like only in the east.. 

Tomorrow little less hot but still looks fine and Thursday, if we get a sunny day on both days that's a week long sunny spell in my part of the world... In May that is quite something 

Already up to 22C here, so the year's top temp of 27C might be under threat?

Posted

We have 22c widely and 23c/24c around London with clear skies at 11.00 so looks like another scorcher of a day coming up. Any cloud should stay out west until this evening I would think.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Morning everyone.

Another beautiful day here in mid Essex. 

Yesterday my wife and I took our middle son, his wife and their 9 month old to Maldon. We all like it there and have been many times before. It was the busiest we have ever seen it, even for the height of summer. We were stuck in a traffic jam of at least 2 miles queuing to get into the Promenade car park. It was so slow we found a side road and parked there and walked the remainder of the journey, which took us just over 15 minutes.

In spite of that we had a really enjoyable time

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Already up to 22C here, so the year's top temp of 27C might be under threat?

Highest this year is around 29.6c on the first heat we had. 

Its 25c at London City and 24c at Heathrow currently that's higher than yesterday for the same time of day. The models tend to under do temps by a degree or 2 as you know so I think we could get very close to that today before we cool of tonight. 

Even so, it really don't look that bad a week with small ridges of high pressure coming and going with temps 20-24c