Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Orographic lift s helping the rain to be heavier here, if you watch the radar loop, you can see it gets heavier when it hits the SE coast.

its a bit like when the moisture laden air off the Atlantic hits the Lake District...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

I estimate that the rain will become increasingly heavy from around 00:00-ish onwards, but I’m still a little uncertain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Wind is gusting quite strongly here now. Feeling very chilly and damp, 6C with above 80% humidity.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Heart in Herts here with a new name change to fit my new life. 

So we have left Herts and at for the last month have been living in our touring caravan.. Last 3 weeks on my Dads driveway, and for the last week and for the next 2 or 4 months we are in a huge field (minus any other campers at the moment). 

Well I thought it got bad when we were on holiday in Cornwall, but this is quite crazy here. Sleep tonight I think will be out of the window and I am guessing as long as the village hold power I will spend the night studying instead. 

The caravan is rocking about, and even my coffee is threatening to overspill. Our awning (which admittedly neither of us did a good job in putting up last week), is threatening to take off. I sincerely hope not as most of my clothes are out there and I don't fancy finding the neighbouring horses wearing my underwear in the morning. I don't know how bad it sounds in a house but I know it's pretty bad here, and forecast to get worse overnight. Oh joy!

And then the rain. It's been hammering it down for hours, and the field is all grass including the pitch, and according to the owner is prone to flooding. I have even seen the sign that he puts up saying it is closed due to flooding. Oh dear. Other half has just been out and moved the car to the entrance on the gravel, and I have been out and battened down the hatches as best as..

Now it's time to wait and pray :cc_confused: :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Just got in, very windy out on a northerly with the odd spot of rain, PPN about to hit.... wish it was January!:doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

No rain at all in Braintree, hardly a breath of wind to speak of...

Posted
2 minutes ago, scotteboi said:

No rain at all in Braintree, hardly a breath of wind to speak of...

I think the only hope to see even a hint of sleet is if it stays calm to aid evaporative cooling - if its too breezy surely it will mix out the cold layers 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!
3 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

I think the only hope to see even a hint of sleet is if it stays calm to aid evaporative cooling - if its too breezy surely it will mix out the cold layers 

Fair point, well its very calm here....maybe in for it later !

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, scotteboi said:

Fair point, well its very calm here....maybe in for it later !

well we will see... but its really quite breezy still here to the south west of you in Surrey so personally not expecting anything ...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Why oh why do we hardly ever get these systems when its freezing,24hrs plus of heavy rain,can only imagine the true wonderland that would happen if it was snow

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

The heavier stuff is just getting the south coast now, hope it doesn't do the same as the lighter stuff and get heavier over the downs.

Posted

will  bee fun getting about Ipswich  with the main bridge  shut due to the weather!

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Let’s hope so @Surrey 

Dry, cold and breezy here. Hoping any heavier rain does stay out East today. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

This is looking a fascinating one to watch. The rain band was expected to be pepping up, not fizzling out, which is what a comparison of the rainfall radar at 05.00 and 06.50 show. Note the heavier area off the South coast has pepped up but made no further progress north...... yet! Carol this morning still forecasting up to 3 inches locally in East Anglia.

5ae6b2f8c75ee_RadarMon30April05_00.thumb.jpg.3a625b32698fba32d3d5bf3018bdc4c3.jpg5ae6b2ff53625_RadarMon30April06_50.thumb.jpg.6f146f55a9b19edf837167c88df2eaf3.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

I never thought heavy rain could be so exciting..enjoy it guys:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 hours ago, snowrye said:

Why oh why do we hardly ever get these systems when its freezing,24hrs plus of heavy rain,can only imagine the true wonderland that would happen if it was snow

lack of jet stream, Dec to Feb would be zonal with raging jet, late April and May, these systems common

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Rain has started here. A strong and gusty N’ly wind is making the shockingly bad 5C here feel sub zero. Grim!

• Like 3

Posted

Here in lowland East London we've had a fair bit of rain so far. At the moment it's light and intermittent but we've had some heavier bursts especially earlier this morning.

The rain band is moving slowly westwards but the heaviest rain is currently well to the south over the Channel and northern France. It may be the small LP is just taking its time before it moves NE and starts pulling the rain band more north west and back over the London area.

It looks in for the day with a clearance just in time for sunset.

• Like 1

Posted

Both Netweather and Metox radars show a heavier area of rain heading for East Anglia so I don't think we're out of the woods.

Posted

4.7c moderate rain like numerous mornings in December & January not expecting anything wintry - so just like December & January !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

very windy and cold this morning. But dry, Sent bubs into school in her winter uniform as she is suffering with a cough. Amazing the amount of parents sending kids in in thin summer dresses and shorts. But anyway my bubs was warm.