Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

City airport managed 26c today, its crazy to think that we've gone from struggling to see 5c just 3 weeks ago to nearly hitting 30c yesterday! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
26 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

We broke a temp record, did anyone break the record for most burnt sausages at a single bbq:unknw:

I been in Greenwich, lovely day out but I kept seeing sausages everywhere I looked, thought I was going completely potty, anyway took some pics just to prove I ain't seeing things. :shok::wink:

20180418_120607.jpg

20180418_124209.jpg

20180418_175813.jpg

20180418_120637.jpg

20180420_173049.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
13 minutes ago, The East has Ceased said:

City airport managed 26c today, its crazy to think that we've gone from struggling to see 5c just 3 weeks ago to nearly hitting 30c yesterday! 

Yes its called the British weather, we might not hit 29c all Summer now and yesterday turns out to be the hottest day of the year, in mid April!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
3 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes its called the British weather, we might not hit 29c all Summer now and yesterday turns out to be the hottest day of the year, in mid April!

Lol roll on much more sunshine and storms so lassie can get his burgers and baps going on the bbq!

Hoping to see at least 1 36c day this summer! :laugh:

Edited by The East has Ceased

Posted
8 minutes ago, The East has Ceased said:

Lol roll on much more sunshine and storms so lassie can get his burgers and baps going on the bbq!

You don't mean Lassies Goat Burgers do you? mmm.........I'd stick with the Lassie sausages if I were you.:laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

We broke a temp record, did anyone break the record for most burnt sausages at a single bbq:unknw:

The last record I broke was The Ying Tong Song by The Goons...It was a 78 and I sat on it!:shok:

Posted
56 minutes ago, The East has Ceased said:

If it’s going to be that hot not extremely unusual, think it reached that in 2015 and 2016 here, then for the thing of it I want to see 40C attempted at not happened but it’s not impossible.

I do not enjoy them particularly high temperatures I can be fairly OK with the low 30s permitting humidity isn’t high, the only appeal to me is statistical significance. Another wonderful summery day I like early season ‘heat’ more fresh shame it’s not going to last too good to. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

The weather station on the end of Worthing Pier is measuring a measly 12.9c. 

Must be nearly double that a mile in land ! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Currently a very pleasant 20.1c here in St Leonards-on-Sea at 19:30 bst.

Down at the beach earlier this afternoon it felt even warmer than yesterday and interesting to note that nearby Herstmonceux recorded 22.4c yesterday and 25.1c today.

• Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

Currently a very pleasant 20.1c here in St Leonards-on-Sea at 19:30 bst.

Down at the beach earlier this afternoon it felt even warmer than yesterday and interesting to note that nearby Herstmonceux recorded 22.4c yesterday and 25.1c today.

I think places further east were indeed warmer today, maybe there was less of an easterly blowing, it was quite windy here late afternoon yesterday but hardly a breeze tonight. Some coastal areas have stayed cool though just like yesterday.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Up early, at the crack of dawn, for a bit of breakfast with the missus before she set off for a 12 hour shift, at the Care Home, where she works in Chislehurst. Told her, to make sure she drinks plenty today, as they tend to keep the heating on, even in this very warm weather, as the very elderly residents, still feel cold. Colette will no doubt return home tonight, like a "wet rag doll", bless her!!

Well it really was another "scorcher" yesterday. The wife and I, spent a few hors over at the Sainsbury's Superstore, over at Sydenham. Colette kindly bought me a straw trilby, to protect my balding pate, against the sun!!

Oatmeal Textured Trilby with Stripe Band

Now I wonder what balding  pâté , would look like? Lassie, how about some Goat Pâté? 

Managed to get a little burnt, a couple of days ago, of the top of my head. It's really surprising how strong the sun is, already.

Looks like the heat will finally subside, by Monday and we'll no longer need the bedroom fan on, at night.

Hope you all enjoy, another "sun-drenched", day .Certainly looks like more seasonable-type temps for next week, from Monday.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Edited by TomSE12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Another stunning morning. 

What amazing weather, just back from hill sprints over the park. Astonishing still how wet, muddy and boggy the ground is here. Mind you with the amount of rain we’ve had I’m not suprised 

Hoping any showers stay well away from here today.

Unless it’s some intense thunderstorm with electrical lightening - which let’s be honest... more chance of winning the lottery. 

It cant even storm properly in this country with high humidity. 

Fingers crossed any showers stay out west. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Morning all, thoroughly enjoyed the last two days, sadly this morning is default Norfolk weather, cool, grey and uninspiring. After the last two months I'm owed a serious amount of hot sunny weather!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

After a beautiful morning, it’s all downhill with pointless mid level crap ruining the afternoon. Still warm at 22C.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Up early, at the crack of dawn, for a bit of breakfast with the missus before she set off for a 12 hour shift, at the Care Home, where she works in Chislehurst. Told her, to make sure she drinks plenty today, as they tend to keep the heating on, even in this very warm weather, as the very elderly residents, still feel cold. Colette will no doubt return home tonight, like a "wet rag doll", bless her!!

Well it really was another "scorcher" yesterday. The wife and I, spent a few hors over at the Sainsbury's Superstore, over at Sydenham. Colette kindly bought me a straw trilby, to protect my balding pate, against the sun!!

Oatmeal Textured Trilby with Stripe Band

Now I wonder what balding  pâté , would look like? Lassie, how about some Goat Pâté? 

Managed to get a little burnt, a couple of days ago, of the top of my head. It's really surprising how strong the sun is, already.

Looks like the heat will finally subside, by Monday and we'll no longer need the bedroom fan on, at night.

Hope you all enjoy, another "sun-drenched", day .Certainly looks like more seasonable-type temps for next week, from Monday.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Goat pate, should go well with my goat burgers. My argos weather station says 26.6c with showers forecast for later, thundery ones maybe? That would be my second thundestorm of the season.

Posted
20 hours ago, snowray said:

I been in Greenwich, lovely day out but I kept seeing sausages everywhere I looked, thought I was going completely potty, anyway took some pics just to prove I ain't seeing things. :shok::wink:

20180418_120607.jpg

20180418_124209.jpg

20180418_175813.jpg

20180418_120637.jpg

20180420_173049.jpg

is that in the market by london bridge?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Altocumulus castellanus spotted!

Posted
48 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Altocumulus castellanus spotted!

It's goat very dark here

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It's goat very dark here

To reference Stephen King: We all goat down here! Was that good enough? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Dissapoitingly cloudy afternoon in weybridge today but god it’s muggy. Still hoping for some storms this evening. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

What a glorious day. This sun is so good for my soul. Forecast on BBC is storms from 10pm until 3am but I will remain cynical. Can't be disappointed then. My house has such great views of storms rolling 8n so if anything happens my bedroom window is the place to be.

• Like 1