Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, LightningLover said:

Who's hoping for another May 28-29th 2017? (thunderstorm event)

Me but I won't have the fantastic sea view this time. Moved into town now. :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Me but I won't have the fantastic sea view this time. Moved into town now. :sorry:

Dig a pond in the back garden? :laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, The East has Ceased said:

Dig a pond in the back garden? :laugh:

Lol been watching french storm s all last summer, gonner miss that.

• Like 2

Posted

My neck of the woods 2018 has been a memorable year for weather so far recent few years nothing really stands out. What we need now is prolonged warm summer although I’m doubtful, MCS not grazing the far SE when was the last time we were all hit!

A terrific gale by bonfire night & snow by Christmas. Dear Santa, ahem..  

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

My neck of the woods 2018 has been a memorable year for weather so far recent few years nothing really stands out. What we need now is prolonged warm summer although I’m doubtful, MCS not grazing the far SE when was the last time we were all hit!

A terrific gale by bonfire night & snow by Christmas. Dear Santa, ahem..  

Last time I was hit with a MCS was I think July 19rd 2017? Not subscribed right now so can't see the radar archives but that was brilliant, did you get much from it? It was an absolute corker here, constant rumbles and about 90 flashes per minute for 2 hours between 2 & 4 am :D Stayed up for the whole thing, luckily had a covered balcony haha

Edited by The East has Ceased

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
46 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Lol been watching french storm s all last summer, gonner miss that.

you been moved again:(

Posted
6 minutes ago, The East has Ceased said:

Last time I was hit with a MCS was I think July 19rd 2017? Not subscribed right now so can't see the radar archives but that was brilliant, did you get much from it? It was an absolute corker here, constant rumbles and about 90 flashes per minute for 2 hours between 2 & 4 am :D Stayed up for the whole thing, luckily had a covered balcony haha

Had one just like that in may last year here, never seen anything like it. Had a couple of decent storms before it arrived too. In fact went down stairs for a cupper, was think about going to sleep after the second one, as couldn't see anything else approaching. When I went back upstairs, all I could see was constant strobe flashing, think it was still in France then, started to see anvil crawlers about half hour later, and that a huge gust of wind, which broke my back gate, and the thunder just didn't stop, just one constant roar for about to hours, that got slightly louder during close strikes.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

you been moved again:(

Council place now, hopefully permanent, as long as we don't mess up the one year probation period.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
47 minutes ago, The East has Ceased said:

No went to my south / east as per main thrust in the damn dover straits no doubt. :D 

Had a look at radar archive rings a bell initially it looked I was right in the pathway of fun time, sort of crumbled apart for me as it trundled north retained oomph to east, with you in Essex a recipient to a light show. Think I had some heavy rain a flash and a bang and that was about it. ? 

2017 was woeful for storms here much better success to my southeast however. Saturday night looks interesting possibly elevated French imports? :whistling:

0000-0215 (19/07/17)

944FE57B-B41C-44E7-A3F2-B3E3714B6DDB.thumb.png.d7690327356f8519d7a938f324a5f910.png362FF01A-309B-4EDE-B1BB-92611E3B1FC1.thumb.png.2b35998294cdfe84c2ca515194783e0a.png

• Like 1

Posted

just watched the early  weather  last day of shorts looking like their some nice looking thunder storms  heading our way Saturday afternoon  onward

• Like 1

Posted

deletett

Edited by tinybill
double post

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
7 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Had one just like that in may last year here, never seen anything like it. Had a couple of decent storms before it arrived too. In fact went down stairs for a cupper, was think about going to sleep after the second one, as couldn't see anything else approaching. When I went back upstairs, all I could see was constant strobe flashing, think it was still in France then, started to see anvil crawlers about half hour later, and that a huge gust of wind, which broke my back gate, and the thunder just didn't stop, just one constant roar for about to hours, that got slightly louder during close strikes.

I was on holiday w/ my school at the time, on the isle of wight. Those storms were absolutely spectacular, as they kept on back building throughout the night. Those anvil crawlers were the highlight for me, and there were a couple of instances of upward-lightning! We also had the very strong, gusty winds as the storms approached, which took down a tree in the nearby forest. The next day it was 13c, drizzly, and damp. compare that to 31c and humidity of the previous day!

EDIT: just realized you may have been talking about a different set of storms. Apologies!

Edited by LightningLover

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

No sign of the predicted sea fog yet on the Sussex coast.

Temperatures already at 22c in clear blue sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Barely a cloud in the sky so far here, though I expect some later from the weakening cold front.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Hot hot hot again here today, some love it HOT!:D

download-2.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

A lovely day at Watford - 22.3C at the moment still time for it to climb to climb further, managed 28.5C yesterday but the hint of summer looks like fading away next week. 

It's not that long ago since we were experiencing the beast from the east and anxiously checking snow radars and temps etc.  :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Well just look at what 06z is showing for next weeks Mayday bank holiday. Frost and even Snow in places mainly in the north but you never know....:wink:

gfs-1-264.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
35 minutes ago, snowray said:

Well just look at what 06z is showing for next weeks Mayday bank holiday. Frost and even Snow in places mainly in the north but you never know....:wink:

gfs-1-264.png

Foul! We’ve had plenty of cold, any cold now just causes damage to fruit and vegetables, hopefully it won’t be as bad as shown ?

• Like 3

Posted
57 minutes ago, snowray said:

gfs-1-264.png

what the flog:yahoo: although i've just sowed all my seeds and i am now seedless as i thought winter was over:oops:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I hope that there won't be any frosty weather for the May Bank holiday as I have had my wildflower seeds  sown and I am also waiting for another batch of wildflower seeds to be sown in planters.

Today is sunny with scattered clouds and the temperature is 24 ° and is slightly cooler than yesterday.  There is a NW light breeze with a 50% humidity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

So... has anyone seen Convective Weather's forecast for tomorrow?:yahoo::)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another sunny day, a bit cooler at 23c but that is still excellent for the time of year.

• Like 1

Posted

There's  now some signs of destabilization in the sky, the odd bit of cumulus starting to show up. Don't  think they'll do anything though.

• Like 1

Posted

We broke a temp record, did anyone break the record for most burnt sausages at a single bbq:unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Looking forward to the chance of storms tomorrow evening. Already warned the husband if I become unbearable lol! I’ll spending the day at the brooklands museum in the sunny weather, an evening storm to top it off would be perfect. Better manage expectations though. 

• Like 4