Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
9 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Order through your local butchers.

Really Alex, coolio.

Thats them cooked, looking real nice to me them goats brains, wish I had some for my BBQ later.:rolleyes:

images-4.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
26 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i know a man, who knows a man , who knows a goat

Well can you ask him for me lass. Also want to try the curried goats sweetbread, sounds yummy too.:D

Heres a pic.

DSC06978-700x325.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

“It’ll only reach 23C”... :nonono::D

We have hit 25C today in the region! Best day of the year for weather, aside from snow days. :) 

Although sultry and crammed like sardines on jubilee line that’s something I don’t miss..

C87F962E-F6A1-4367-882A-D0BC4A25D95B.thumb.jpeg.7b151aec87ff59ac804f321666288602.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Wow, 28c, thats super hot even in Summer!:shok:

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
4 hours ago, LightningLover said:

Cracking day here, temperature is 18.6C, dew point 11.7C. I might be going crazy, but the sunshine seems to have put everyone in a better mood, and I myself have lots of energy!

It was a cracking good day indeed LL and as you say,  lot's of folk out and about enjoying this warm sunshine.

I recorded a very decent 20.4c down at Rock-a-Nore this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
4 hours ago, LightningLover said:

Cracking day here, temperature is 18.6C, dew point 11.7C. I might be going crazy, but the sunshine seems to have put everyone in a better mood, and I myself have lots of energy!

It was a cracking good day indeed LL and as you say,  lot's of folk out and about enjoying this warm sunshine.

I recorded a very decent 20.4c down at Rock-a-Nore this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

What a beaut of a day,1st time this year,ive ventured to work in my shorts,and another cracking day tomoz hopefully,just need some big storms,and bingo,not literally though,although I do like bingo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Lovely day today , it was weird how we have seemingly gone from winter to summer so quickly  , tomorrow off so garden patio cleaning awaits me and the chance of catching some rays . 

@claret047

hope the scan went ok and I hope you enjoy your well deserved  break away .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

21.4 the max for us today - slight breeze here on the coast, just taking the edge off the highest temperatures.

Edited by Stroudley
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

not sure whether summer is a good season or not

Summer Pros                                          

Sun

Vitamin D

lots of daylight

bbqs

ice cream

summer fruits

sun bathing

growing stuff in the garden

thunderstorms

Summer Cons

Hayfever

Pollution

Wasps

Bin maggots

Humidity

Pub fights

chavs loitering on street corners

sleepless nights

Sunburn

jock itch

sweating constantly

more noise pollution

ant invasions

mosquitos

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
3 hours ago, Daniel* said:

“It’ll only reach 23C”... :nonono::D

We have hit 25C today in the region! Best day of the year for weather, aside from snow days. :) 

Although sultry and crammed like sardines on jubilee line that’s something I don’t miss..

C87F962E-F6A1-4367-882A-D0BC4A25D95B.thumb.jpeg.7b151aec87ff59ac804f321666288602.jpeg

I was in the circle line and district line which was like a sauna for most of the day.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
47 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Lovely day today , it was weird how we have seemingly gone from winter to summer so quickly  , tomorrow off so garden patio cleaning awaits me and the chance of catching some rays . 

@claret047

hope the scan went ok and I hope you enjoy your well deserved  break away .

Indeed, and I often find that such rapid increases in temerature cuse me to feel lacklustre for a couple of days even though the conditions are appreciated.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

I was in the circle line and district line which was like a sauna for most of the day.  

At least those trains have air con. The Central line in high summer, that’s what you call hot!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
30 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

At least those trains have air con. The Central line in high summer, that’s what you call hot!

I was stuck trying to get out of Victoria for ages because of a signal fault. We got moved three trains till they found one, we sat on that for ages in the sweltering heat till a conductor could be found.  I felt like how I imagine a turkey on Christmas Day feels like. A bit on the warm side

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Summer Pros                                          

Sun

Vitamin D

lots of daylight

bbqs

ice cream

summer fruits

sun bathing

thunderstorms

Summer Cons

Hayfever

Pollution

Wasps

Bin maggots

Humidity

Pub fights

sleepless nights

Sunburn

jock itch

sweating constantly

more noise pollution

ant invasions

mosquitos

Very good, I would add though a big Summer con you forgot.....LACK OF SNOW!:nonono:

Posted
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Summer Pros                                          

Sun

Vitamin D

lots of daylight

bbqs

ice cream

summer fruits

sun bathing

thunderstorms

Summer Cons

Hayfever

Pollution

Wasps

Bin maggots

Humidity

Pub fights

sleepless nights

Sunburn

jock itch

sweating constantly

more noise pollution

ant invasions

mosquitos

Hairy toes

Flip flops

:diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Well it certainly was a "scorcher" yesterday and out and about, felt very warm. Today looks the peak, for heat. But the fine warm spell continuing, over the weekend too. Certainly looks like some more normal "fayre", for the back end of April, arrives, as we go through next week.

Accompanied my wife, Colette, over to Queen Mary's hospital in Sidcup, yesterday, for a lunchtime MRI scan and to paraphrase a Phil Collins album, it certainly was a case of "No Jacket Required"!! My wife even commented, that my bald pate, had "caught the sun".

My wife, had to abort the scan, due to "claustrophobic" feelings. She has reschedueled the scan, for a few weeks time, after she's collected a little calming, Diazepam, from her GP .My wife wouldn't let me sit with her, during the scan, as she felt being exposed to that loud, "drilling-type" noise, would be detrimental to my brain, after having 4 MRI scans, in the past two and a half years, myself. But despite trying to reassure her, that I would be fine sitting with her, she insisted that I didn't go into the scanning room, with her. I told her, not to "beat herself up", about her claustrophobia, as I sometimes feel "very silly", suffering from my Brontophobic, tendencies!!

Actually wore shorts around the house, yesterday afternoon, for the first time in months. And we've already had to have our bedroom fan on, for the last couple of nights. Our bedroom, very quickly becomes uncomfortably warm, after a little bit of heat!!

Hope you all enjoy, another "sun-drenched" day.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
19 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Well it certainly was a "scorcher" yesterday and out and about, felt very warm. Today looks the peak, for heat. But the fine warm spell continuing, over the weekend too. Certainly looks like some more normal "fayre", for the back end of April, arrives, as we go through next week.

Accompanied my wife, Colette, over to Queen Mary's hospital in Sidcup, yesterday, for a lunchtime MRI scan and to paraphrase a Phil Collins album, it certainly was a case of "No Jacket Required"!! My wife even commented, that my bald pate, had "caught the sun".

My wife, had to abort the scan, due to "claustrophobic" feelings. She has reschedueled the scan, for a few weeks time, after she's collected a little calming, Diazepam, from her GP .My wife wouldn't let me sit with her, during the scan, as she felt being exposed to that loud, "drilling-type" noise, would be detrimental to my brain, after having 4 MRI scans, in the past two and a half years, myself. But despite trying to reassure her, that I would be fine sitting with her, she insisted that I didn't go into the scanning room, with her. I told her, not to "beat herself up", about her claustrophobia, as I sometimes feel "very silly", suffering from my Brontophobic, tendencies!!

Actually wore shorts around the house, yesterday afternoon, for the first time in months. And we've already had to have our bedroom fan on, for the last couple of nights. Our bedroom, very quickly becomes uncomfortably warm, after a little bit of heat!!

Hope you all enjoy, another "sun-drenched" day.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Hi Tom.

Yes, the shorts and cue ball white legs got their first airing yesterday!

Another cracker today by the looks of it.

• Like 1

Posted

I drive back from London daily along the A2/M2. My car picks up temp reading along the way. It's always warmest around the Gravesend area. In fact yesterday it picked up 26oC though officially it was 25oC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Came to the conclusion that my spring jeans , t-shirt and coatigan were a tat over dressed this morning. That sun is strong. Thankfully I have emergency summer stuffs I didn't pack away. \o/ 

Bubs is going to a surprise school trip to the zoo next week and the weathers changing. good oh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

More wall-to-wall sunshine, 21C already!:yahoo:

• Like 1