Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Up early again, with the "Dawn Chorus"

Well it certainly was a lovely day yesterday and felt very warm in the sunshine, over at Locksbottom, just south of Bromley, after coming out of my Neurology apt, following an MRI brain scan, of a few months ago. As her first report suggested, my Neurologist was very pleased with the result, of my scan. She suggested that Neuralgic type soreness, I've been experiencing on the left hand side of my brain, is almost certainly due to nerve damage/scar tissue, as a result of an Haemorrhagic Stroke and resultant, brain op. and nothing untoward developing, in my brain. But of course, hearing that news face to face, in a consultation, is far more reassuring. Now it's my wife, Colette's turn today, to be popped into the same MRI scanner, over at Queen Mary's hospital, Sidcup,that I was in, back in January. Hope we have a better journey than SenlacJack, above!! Poor Colette is suffering from the Arthritic form of Psoriasis and her Rheumatologist is concerned that she's developing, Ankylosing Spondylitis ( It's ok, I havn't swallowed a medical dictionary, this morning.), it's a condition that goes hand-in-hand, with Psoriasis, where this auto-immune disease, encourages an overgrowth of bone, with cartilage being destroyed and bone joints, grinding against each other. As you can imagine, it's very painful!! If this is the case, the likelihood is that my wife will be unable to continue her work, as a Senior Carer, in a Care Home.

Have just finished watching the first part of the Stephen Lawrence murder documentary. It reminded me of a very upsetting time, back in 1993. At the time, I had just started "seeing" a lady, who herself was West Indian (from the beautiful island of St.Lucia) Myself and my girlfriend, at the time, were subjected to vile racist comments both from white and black members of the community.  One West Indian male asked my girlfriend, "what she was doing with that "white trash"!! I was living in Anerley, at the time and some of you may remember me as, TomSE20. 

My Italian mother, when coming over to England after the 2nd World War, was also subjected to vile, racist abuse!! She was told many times to, "Go home "WOP" and stop "pinching" our men. It was indeed my father who had "pinched" this Italian girl, from her homeland!! My boss, over in Croydon, one morning at work said to me, "I  see you WOPs got beat last night", after Italy had been beaten at football. I asked my boss, if he knew the meaning of the term? When he said "No", I asked him if he often used "terms", he didn't know the meaning of? WOP originated in New York, where Italian immigrants landed, on arriving in America, WithOut Passports. And as you all know, it's used in a very derogatory way!! I told my boss he shouldn't use it in his local Italian restaurant, otherwise he might find something very unpleasant, lurking in his meal!!

Colette, as well as being part Irish, also has some Indian blood and beneath that auburn hair ( seen in my avatar photo), has very dark hair and brown eyes. Indeed a former, not "long-lasting" boyfriend, commented that she had an "iffy" colouring, meaning that she wasn't English, charming!! Some boyfriend, needless to say he didn't last long!! He grew up in the same area sort of area of S.E.London, that is a hotbed of racist feeling!! Colette and I, live now in Lee, just to the west of Eltham, off the South Circular. At one point Colette and her family, lived in Eltham and cruelly her brother was beaten up. probably for looking "iffy".

Racism, is very nasty and hurtful, from what ever direction it emanates!!

Looks like another warm, sunny day in the offing, with a few more to come still.

Hope you all enjoy another warm, Summer-type day and please be nice to each other!!

Regards,

Tom.:hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Morning TomSE12,

I trust all goes well for your wife today. I will be thinking about her.

Yesterday afternoon I attended Broomfield District Hospital in Chelmsford and had an MRI scan on my brain. I should know the result in about 3 weeks. About 4 years ago I had one and all was well. This time I found the process extremely hot. It was a mobile unit located in the hospital car park and it could have been because of the weather conditions. I dread to think what it will be like in the middle of the summer.

My daughter in law is from the Philippines and we now have an 8 month old grandson. Jena is  really lovely girl and we could not wish for a kinder, caring person to have as part of our family. She has no relations over here, but our friends and our local church (C of E although she was brought up as RC) have made her feel very welcome.

Your past experiences are very sad and hopefully attitudes in this country are changing.

My wife and I are going away for a few days for a break in Oxfordshire. She is unwell with heart problems as well as problems with her knees and back. Unfortunately because of the medication she is taking she is unable to benefit from pain killers. She is awaiting an angiagram (However you spell it dye into her heart to see what is causing her problem) to discover what is causing her irregular/fast heart beat, which causes shortness of breath. Until October when it suddenly happened she was very fit and we enjoyed walking in the countryside, but can no longer enjoy that together. I guess that is the price we pay for getting old.

Today is getting off to a brilliant sunny start and looks set fair for at least the next 5 days and possibly longer. 

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Morning all.

Dry with wall-to-wall sunshine, 18C!:yahoo:

In fact, it's so nice that folks might even appreciate a quick soaking from one of Boris-The-Eejit's Waffensquirters!

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Absolutely beautiful morning, clear blue skies with warm sunshine. Already 20C and climbing, lovely jubbly ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Gorgeous here in central London. Already hit 21c - bye bye winter and hello summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It's a wonderful sunny day with a clear sky and bright sunshine. It is cooler here than Central London with a top temperature of 19oC.

• Like 1

Posted

22C and wall-to-wall...What's not to like?:D

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely day. Hard to believe that exactly one month ago today the tenpersture was struggling to get above freezing.

Edited by Djdazzle
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

24C here now, gorgeous day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

23 deg cloudless skies...perfect but why oh why did I have to book today for a new tattoo!! No shorts for me this week!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Barely a cloud across the region with temperatures widely between 23 and 24C. A good chance of adding a couple of degrees to that tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

put on spring stuffs. too warm for spring stuffs. Quite a breeze still tho

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Cracking day here, temperature is 18.6C, dew point 11.7C. I might be going crazy, but the sunshine seems to have put everyone in a better mood, and I myself have lots of energy!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

ice cream weather

Sausages weather.............on my BBQ tonight.:laugh:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
14 minutes ago, snowray said:

Sausages weather.............on my BBQ tonight.:laugh:

i was going to do one but now can't be weebled, so having ice cream for dinner instead, it's healthy, it has a bit of strawberry in it

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
23 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

ice cream weather

Don't tell my kids that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
12 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i was going to do one but now can't be weebled, so having ice cream for dinner instead, it's healthy, it has a bit of strawberry in it

I might make some ice cream later. You sure its strawberries in there Lass and not Strawberry flavour E666 and purple food colouring?:laugh:

Edited by snowray

Posted

I don't think I'll be cooking ice cream on my BBQ. I don't even have a BBQ, so I'd have to push the goat out a wee bit too far.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I don't think I'll be cooking ice cream on my BBQ. I don't even have a BBQ, so I'd have to push the goat out a wee bit too far.

I found an interesting recipe on the net, its goat brain cutlets, but I have no idea where I can get any goat brains. Maybe Lass will know?:cc_confused:

brain-cutlet_med.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
13 minutes ago, snowray said:

I found an interesting recipe on the net, its goat brain cutlets, but I have no idea where I can get any goat brains. Maybe Lass will know?:cc_confused:

brain-cutlet_med.jpg

i know a man, who knows a man , who knows a goat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
25 minutes ago, snowray said:

brain-cutlet_med.jpg

Order through your local butchers.

• Thanks 1