Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
14 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Row brewing on mad thread as to whether its going to be 25c or 26c.

Be careful in there if anyone decides to venture in.

Who cares lol, it will be warm and sunny.

Posted
13 hours ago, Daniel* said:

:D

It’s looking a great little summery spell for our region by coast less so due to chilly SSTs, Impressive warmth for mid April to come. There’s no pleasing some. 

What do you mean, even here the weather is perfect. To be honest I need that breeze.

Posted
1 hour ago, interested & confused said:

Don't know about the barbecue, as we were forecast sun today - but the sky looks dark and rainy to me.

But what do I know,  the MetO says it's sunny - I just look at what's there to see and tend to disagree :nea:

Will this be a year with no proper summer weather?

It is sunny and warm here at the minute. Grab hold of that cloud and don't let it move east please. Thanks in advance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Lovely sunshine here today. Was thinking about going for a drive to the coast on Thursday but looks cool at the seaside with a brisk east wind so might go up the Serpentine instead.:unsure2:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Yup looks like London and inland on Thus 23-27c in the afternoon, SE coastal areas 15-20c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
7 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yup looks like London and inland on Thus 23-27c in the afternoon, SE coastal areas 15-20c.

and then it will hopefully snow....right

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
17 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

and then it will hopefully snow....right

no lass, massive thunderstorms that last for hours and people will talk about for years to come.:good:

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dami said:

no lass, massive thunderstorms that last for hours and people will talk about for years to come.:good:

that will have to do, if there is hail in it, then it will look like snow:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Thundersnow for next week, eh? I like it. Not!:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

I did hear a noise this morning, quite early, sounded like thunder or a plane doing one of the super sonic things, a gun or a car farting. Weird it was.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

This time next week and we'll all be reaching for our Kashmir sweaters...See what I did there?:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
19 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Hi Dave , How is your  the allotment? , plenty of time hopefully for it to dry out now , I must admit when I mowed the lawn yesterday it was rather wet underfoot but is looking much better for it today , I have neglected it these past few months it aim to get it back in order , I invested in a pressure washer for the patio as it’s grown mould and our fence needs replacing in places after the winter , I need to sort it in 2 months as the in laws are coming to stay for 6 weeks from Australia along with my wife’s brother , oh the joy . Better day today a sign of things to come .

Kind Regards 

Mark

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Yesterday morning I was finally able to mow my lawn at the back of my house, although it the grass was still quite wet. In the afternoon I visited my allotment which is the other side of town. It was much drier than I thought it would be and I was able to walk on it without damaging the texture. My plot is on a slope at the top of the incline and other plots further down the slope looked much wetter.

I pulled up my old Brussels Sprout plants and put the leaves into my three compost bins. The final one I opened revealed a pleasant surprise. In the top was a beautiful golden brown slow-worm about 2 foot long.

Today is certainly a good one for drying out the soil with the combination of wind and sun. 

My wife and I are going away from tomorrow lunchtime until Friday to stay in Witney, Oxfordshire for a complete break as we feel we need it after the trials and tribulations we have had recently with our and our son's various health issues. I am just about to go to Broomfield District Hospital for a bran scan and I hope nothing untoward is discovered. Hopefully they will be able to locate a brain!

Good luck with the visitors. If it gets too much we do a half decent B & B at decent rates.:yahoo:

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

What do you mean, even here the weather is perfect. To be honest I need that breeze.

You’re subject to that onshore wind don’t doubt weather will be good, just not as warm and unpleasant perhaps as inland. Today has been warmer than GFS had it, 21C in Weybourne while GFS had a high of 14C bit strange really there is an offshore wind exceptional warmth on north Norfolk coast for April!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some sunshine today though a lot of cloud. We did hit a high of 19C which is the warmest day of the year so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Pretty dam good day for me here, just touching 19c, Southend touching 20c.
Warmth sun and nice breeze, low humidity.

• Like 2

Posted

ITV weather just said 25c or 26c for London on Thursday. Well I think we could hit 27c on Thursday afternoon, went shopping today and got my sausages for the BBQ and a couple of bottles of Pecorino terre di Chieti from Morrisons.:D

Posted

according to the mod lot, after this warmish spell, things become unsettled with the jet straight over the UK, I won't give up on snow until the first of July:oops:

• Like 1

Posted

it was a bit blowly.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Dami said:

it was a bit blowly.

very blowy, hope it calms down so i can do a bbq

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

After a nightmare journey to an 8am hospital appointment in Sidcup where the last 1 mile took exactly 1 hour to complete, it was a massive relief to finally get back to the warm afternoon sunshine here in Hasting/St Leonards-on-Sea.

Almost 7.5 hours of sunshine and a max of 17.9c recorded locally B)

• Like 3

Posted

A properly warm day 19C summer-like, it did feel warmer I regretted wearing a jacket not needed. No 20C day yet definitely will be obtained tomorrow, behind the norm for here but at last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Lovely day today after a cloudy start. Temps max 15 tempered by the wind. Really looking forward to the next few days but not so much from midweek next week!