Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

I can report that sightings of a strange round yellow thing have been observed above the skies of Raynes Park this evening.

Edited by mulzy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

so major heatwave next week, only problem is that if this continues well into the summer, we will have plagues of wasps, locusts and mozzies  come August, add in the nuclear fallout from world war 3, then that will be mutant wasps, locusts and mozzies. Hoping for snow at the end of April to wipe them out:good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Probably one of the dullest weeks I have ever seen in Spring. Simply awful for the one week I actually booked off work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

But at least next week is destined to be a scorcher...The Man from Del Darlo, he say yessss!:clap:

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 hours ago, mulzy said:

I can report that sightings of a strange round yellow thing have been observed above the skies of Raynes Park this evening.

There was a little sign of the ball of fire, short-lasting behind cloud I think for April this might be a record breaking dull week here there’s been zilch. Next week is looking terrific a taste of summer, comfortable warmth I am a fan of early season warmth it’s more fresh, and decent long sunny spells. A huge transformation to this week and spring as a whole really, skipping spring not complaining about flaming time. :) 

I think we might reach 80F next week on Thursday we’ll see. Not seen in a long time it feels.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

No sun here, murky cloudy crud again. Sun has been pushed back til Monday here according to Beeb forecast this morning. I’m beginning to think it’s never coming out over this way ever again :blink2:

Posted

No direct sunshine as yet, but, at 11C, it's already the warmest day for a week!:clap:

Posted
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east

Beautiful clear blue skies for the first time since I left Mauritius on Tuesday. How depressing has the last few days been. Looking good next week ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

cracking morning finally in Cobham this morning first in a long while -no measurable sunshine for 7 consecutive days here must be a near record for a week in April

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
16 hours ago, lassie23 said:

so major heatwave next week, only problem is that if this continues well into the summer, we will have plagues of wasps, locusts and mozzies  come August, add in the nuclear fallout from world war 3, then that will be mutant wasps, locusts and mozzies. Hoping for snow at the end of April to wipe them out:good:

You just made me think of the game fall out three then lol. Never even played it my self, each my hubby do so. Lots of giant mozzies everywhere.

• Like 1

Posted

A grey and grotty 12C here...Will it ever go away and leave me alone!:angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Had very thick fog last night here. Now it has burn off, we have sun and milky colour sky's. The high is here. I expect the fog back tonight and every night we are under this. It seems like acwinter high apart from it's warmer.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Lovely warm sunshine here, very pleasant indeed.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

OMG!! 17C and sunny, I think I may have entered another dimension?! Not going back to the old one, if so ?

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, stainesbloke said:

OMG!! 16C and sunny, I think I may have entered another dimension?!

Are your melons growing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
Just now, lassie23 said:

Are your melons growing?

That’s a very personal question, Lassie?! 

Posted
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

That’s a very personal question, Lassie?! 

lol my guess is that by next weekend they will have doubled in size :shok:

Posted

No melons, not sown tender stuff yet, been too chilly. Wouldn’t want anything to shrivel and drop off 

Posted
Just now, lassie23 said:

lol my guess is that by next weekend they will have doubled in size :shok:

A bit of warm weather will do wonders. Think of how big a cucumber gets given a bit of heat

Posted

18.9C right now the first warm day of 2018 we’ll reach mid 20s easy next week consecutively, I bet we’ll reach 80F here. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Forgot how slow some storm systems move, I've been tracking the one in northern France even though it's not coming this way, it looks to have moved about 30 miles in over 2 hours!

Posted
5 minutes ago, The East has Ceased said:

Forgot how slow some storm systems move, I've been tracking the one in northern France even though it's not coming this way, it looks to have moved about 30 miles in over 2 hours!

has it started moving backwards yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
3 minutes ago, The East has Ceased said:

They are petering-out as they pass into the channel. I imagine this’ll temper them somewhat but I’m hoping for a degree of re-ignition when they get here...

• Like 1