Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
13 minutes ago, snowray said:

I'm thinking that too, heatwave 23c next week then 3c by end of the month with a cold NEly wind from Scandi.:cold: 

Alternatively a bitter toxic mix of a SEly and nuclear fall out coming up from the Middle East if the warmongers have their way.:sorry:

nuclear winters tend to be cold and snowy, grey snow at that, but at least not marginal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Just now, lassie23 said:

nuclear winters tend to be cold and snowy, grey snow at that, but at least not marginal

Yes and nuclear winters can last throughout the Summer months too. I think I will hold back planting anything in the garden, just in case.:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just don't lose your patriotism - your country needs you!image.thumb.jpeg.c4a8927cc5fce64c46fa0e8c99799651.jpeg

Edited by Ed Stone

Hi peeeeeps hey hope you all are ok ? ?

Just leaving MK for my journey back to London. What a horrible murky day, been that misty type of days more like November than April.

Anyway looking forward to the warmth and the sun next week ??.

Just looked at the radar anyone for a Thames streamer lol ? pitty it's not cold enuf for snow. 

Anyway sweet people shall speak to you all soon stay safe and be good ? 

kind regards ????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Evening all,

Another yuk day here in Mid Essex, with further light rain this afternoon. It is still too wet to cut our back lawn and my allotment is like the Somme at the moment and I cannot set anything, unless I opt for rice production.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the last of these days of drabness. Yesterday we took our grandson back to Godmanchester. Our son told us the afternoon there had been sunny for the most part. We had a bit of brightness around lunchtime and then the cloud closed in to be followed by overnight rain.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Actually I hear there would be very little precipitation. Not unlike most of the cold weather then. ?

Posted

This April has been incredibly dull all week it seems there’s not been even a hour of sunshine! Once more sunny relatively near southern coastal counties basking in the sun again, a chilly mist in London!  

0F338059-304E-4AEE-8CC9-B055FC765E7C.thumb.png.f5ba9a17219c32c9ec676c95799e7894.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

This April has been incredibly dull all week it seems there’s not been even a hour of sunshine! Once more sunny relatively near southern coastal counties basking in the sun again, a chilly mist in London!  

0F338059-304E-4AEE-8CC9-B055FC765E7C.thumb.png.f5ba9a17219c32c9ec676c95799e7894.png

That pretty much sums up the last couple of days here Daniel, glorious warm sunshine from mid morning onwards. Can't complain :)

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

That pretty much sums up the last couple of days here Daniel, glorious warm sunshine from mid morning onwards. Can't complain :)

Definitely not complaining this evening, beautiful sunset over Romney Marsh

IMG_2203.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

Who would? A hermit crab, my dad would say. :):p 

The south coast definitely gets more sun than areas further inland I wonder why this is? I suppose air over the sea is more stable, less warm, more ‘constant’ due to a large body of water = less cloud development, as this air ultimately rises and as cools condenses. Although there are times when you get plagued by a ‘sea fog’ while just a little inland sparkling sunshine, so sometimes it is other way. I bet not only in Victorian times they escaped big smoke to get fresh air but vitamin D too. We used to own a caravan in winchelsea, a lot more pleasant there in the summer getting withdrawal! 

“According to a new report from the University of Exeter and the Met Office, people who live near the coast have higher vitamin D levels than their urban counterparts. The report also confirms that the coastline is sunnier than inland, a long-held view of many ‘coasties’.”

If you want to live a longer, happier life live beside sea?... :D (avoid Jaywick though).

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
5 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

, people who live near the coast have higher vitamin D levels than their urban counterparts.

Ha ha I lived in the Middle East and I had a really bad vitamiim D levels for most of the time we lived there, have no idea why I was in the sun a lot sitting around swimming pools :unknw:  Since I’ve bern home I haven’t ever had s problem, work that one out :gathering:

Anyway the start of the day was very very misty from the night we had. We took our children on the train from Tenterden to Bodiam Castle (kids love it) it was so misty even at 11.30 when we neared Bodiam you couldn’t see the castle very well at all. The castle was covered in puddles everywhere my two year old seemed to find every single one in the grounds and splashed in them. By the time we went to leave Bodiam at around 14.30-15.00 the sun had finally come out and it was absolutely beautiful. When we got home I sat in the garden whilst the kids went out to play. I just hope we keep these lovely days 

Posted
1 minute ago, DonnaThw said:

Ha ha I lived in the Middle East and I had a really bad vitamiim D levels for most of the time we lived there, have no idea why I was in the sun a lot sitting around swimming pools :unknw:  Since I’ve bern home I haven’t ever had s problem, work that one out :gathering:

Anyway the start of the day was very very misty from the night we had. We took our children on the train from Tenterden to Bodiam Castle (kids love it) it was so misty even at 11.30 when we neared Bodiam you couldn’t see the castle very well at all. The castle was covered in puddles everywhere my two year old seemed to find every single one in the grounds and splashed in them. By the time we went to leave Bodiam at around 14.30-15.00 the sun had finally come out and it was absolutely beautiful. When we got home I sat in the garden whilst the kids went out to play. I just hope we keep these lovely days 

i need supplements:vava:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
Just now, lassie23 said:

i need supplements:vava:

It’s crazy but it’s so important, I spent ages on them in the uae, I’ve not neefed one since we’ve been home. Your feel better when your level rises. It’s crazzy how much it affects in your body if it’s low.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

It’s crazy but it’s so important, I spent ages on them in the uae, I’ve not neefed one since we’ve been home. Your feel better when your level rises. It’s crazzy how much it affects in your body if it’s low.

what are the symptoms

Posted
7 hours ago, lassie23 said:

so possible 25c next week followed by snow from the north east:drunk-emoji:

From the north east you say. That means Darlington will get hit first! :cold:

Posted
17 hours ago, interested & confused said:

Sun is trying to break through now and temp up to 12C so I'm off to play on the allotment.

Potato planting time has arrived at last, nearly 4 weeks later than normal for here!

Yes,it's all a bit late this year. I normally put mine in early April for September harvest. Soil temperature is so low at the minute I'm going to leave it now till after next week's supposed warm up. This abject lack of sunshine doesn't help. Happy planting by the way.:friends:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
8 hours ago, Daniel* said:

avoid Jaywick though).

Hello Daniel,

I agree. Have you ever been there? I have and confirm it is not the best place to spend even a little time. One expects to see tumble weed drifting across the dirt tracks that "do" for roads.

My in laws lived in Clacton and although there has in recent years been some development near the pier, most of the area is in decline, with many people living there having been sent from other parts of the country with mental health problems into B & B there. It is sad on cold wet days seeing them sitting shivering in shelters along the front to stay dry as they have nowhere else to go. Don't get me started on how these unfortunate people are treated within the community.

The weather today continues on the trend of the past few days and is mistier and even duller.I live in hope that we might see some brightness tomorrow. Is it me or does this brighter weather continue to be put back each day?

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 3

Posted

Morning all...

It's as you were but the fog's thicker today.:D

Posted
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

From the north east you say. That means Darlington will get hit first! :cold:

Never mind, I'm sure we'll have an extremely advanced warning!:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Misty, damp, raining. Don't swear on the threads now, you get modded. can't have a nice quiet on my own rant any more.

cheers.

• Like 1

Posted

5th day running now with no break from the fog. It's getting a little depressing

Morning gang! Bit murky here but I quite like this weather, well I like all weather types because I enjoy the mechanics behind it. 

This morning it's been announced the gulf stream is officially slowing down dramatically. Its at a 1000 year low. Now I'm no genius but records go nowhere near 1000 years on the gulf stream but its an alarming event we need to study and monitor with great detail. 

But what does it mean for us? Well one thing for sure is cooler winters and wetter summers. 

If it continues this trend within the next 10 years we can expect dramatic weather and climate changes. Within 100 years we would almost certainly be heading into a small ice age across the North and western part of Europe if the trend continues...

The gulf stream is a fundamental part of the climate we have here warming us up unlike central and Eastern Europe. 

Nobody knows exactly how quickly and to what extent vast amounts of fresh water melt will do to the gulf stream, but its becoming apparent now. 

Maybe the Atlantic cold pool we highlighted back in 2016/2017 was tell tell signs of change? Thoughts please 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Groundhog Day here again but this time with the added bonus of mist. Still cold, just 8C currently, vile.

• Like 1