Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!
3 minutes ago, Nick L said:

This has something that has always bothered me about warm weather (among many other things). You always get some selfish sods blaring out "music", it wouldn't be so bad if it was good music, but it never is. 

Any music that we don't personally like, we think of as bad music, doesn't mean we are right or that others have to agree with us.

I don't care what music they are playing BUT whatever genre of music they choose, I shouldn't have to listen to it unless I want to - use the volume control FGS :angry:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

wot borin weather we are gettin' *sniff* 

As for noise, music I can cope with, I'll just get alexa to play petshopboys on all the devices in the house on loud. What really does my goat in is the stupid front door next door have that they have to bang shut and the guy must go out about 5 times a day and on weekends comes home at 3am. It shakes our house.

Edited by Dami

4 minutes ago, Dami said:

As for noise, music I can cope with, I'll just get alexa to play petshopboys on all the devices in the house on loud. What really does my goat in is the stupid front door next door have that they have to bang shut and the guy must go out about 5 times a day and on weekends comes home at 3am. It shakes our house.

Might not be so boring come tonight early tomorrow morning then again Sunday but unsure on Sunday yet. 

Some pretty moist and "humid" ( in terms of the time of year) air will move up across us tonight and early tomorrow with a wriggling front on the western edge of the warmer air. With it brings some rain could be quite intense in places but unsure really of how far east anything will go and if any thunderstorms can break out albeit they won't pack a huge amount of punch because of the time of year and conditions. 

Current models suggest that it will be all to far west tonight but have it much further east Sunday. 

Tonight:

Largely fine and dry during the evening winds continuing to east. Showery rain will probably spread north during the early hours, some heavy with perhaps the odd rumble of thunder. Minimum temperature 7 °C.

. S + E ENGLAND ...
Main interest here is during Friday night, as backing of the mean flow increases warm air advection, with some mid-level instability being generated. Deep convection aside, increasing baroclinicity and the development of a surface low will allow a wave on the cold front to bring a pulse of heavy, more widespread rain northwards across southern Britain. The best potential for any lightning activity will be on the eastern flank - and hence getting the exact track and shape of the frontal wave will be crucial in determine which areas are at greatest risk, and as such the forecast may need to be modified slightly nearer the time.

Most NWP guidance suggests 100-300 J/kg MLCAPE, so somewhat marginal instability, but this will be in a strongly-sheared environment on the forward side of the upper trough. Some lightning activity is possible, but not certain - and since a Marginal (MRGL) threat level does not exist in our forecast system, have reluctantly issued a low-end SLGT to try and highlight the area where the best overlap of conditions currently looks to take place during the early hours of Saturday.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Dami said:

I know what you mean.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
8 hours ago, Nick L said:

This has something that has always bothered me about warm weather (among many other things). You always get some selfish sods blaring out "music", it wouldn't be so bad if it was good music, but it never is. 

I've got this sketch stuck in my head now.

I take it I am now finally safe to put the scarf and gloves away?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

This weather is might be uneventful but it’s way better than the recent weeks of constant deluges and howling winds. Reached a lovely 17C here and the sunshine felt great. I’m not high maintenance so boring is good ?

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 3

Hi peeps hey how are you all I have not posted for a while but just wanted to see how you all are. Hope everyone is good and well ?

Been a lovely warm spring day and even now this evening it's not bad out there. The days are beginning to get warmer now and I am just wondering when my chase for night time lightening storms coming up from France will start.

anyway peeps stay safe and speak to you all soon. 

Take care all and stay safe

regards ????

• Like 1

Posted

manged to get  me lawns  to-night looking at the weather  coming  glad  i did!!

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
21 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

on sunny days like this my mind naturally turns to melons.

I’m assuming you’re talking about the fruit...? Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
24 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

on sunny days like this my mind naturally turns to melons.

Oooh, watermelons?

beach_cosplay___holding_two_big_watermel

Posted

well radar saying rain in bound  again!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I love the sunnier days, popped to Hastings yesterday with my mum and bubbas and it was chilly at first then by the afternoon all the kids wanted their jackets off. It’s so nice to let the kids play out. I can open the windows without freezing. BBQ’s walks along the beach. You can see I’ve been pinning for the warmer weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Well after the warmest day of the year yesterday and London hitting 17c, we are already up to 17c widely at 12 noon and its a blistering 18c thats just been recorded at Gravesend, so today is warmer and now becomes the warmest day of the year so far.

Had expected cloudier conditions this morning but its actually quite sunny here with a southerly breeze. Have a nice day everyone, enjoy your weekends.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

The weather station a couple of streets away says it's 20 degrees right now! 

It's so weird going outside without a coat and not feeling cold at all. I'd forgotten how that felt!

• Like 2

Posted

Grey skies and a cooling breeze, perfect for gardening now. We were sat in hazy sunshine and feeling warm around 12.30 today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Loving this warmer weather,shame the cloud has rolled in,makes me really miss my bmw convertible though lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Hello everyone! I’ve been enjoying my holiday so far, in this small caravan we booked. Unfortunately the WiFi has a fee to use, and is probably pants anyway. The air is strangely humid, despite the temperature being around 15C. Also, since I’m technically not in the SE at the moment, is it illegal to post in here...? Ah well. I like this thread for the relaxed atmosphere. I hope everyone has a good day!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I love the sunnier days, popped to Hastings yesterday with my mum and bubbas and it was chilly at first then by the afternoon all the kids wanted their jackets off. It’s so nice to let the kids play out. I can open the windows without freezing. I can do my course work on the balcony with the view or Rye Harbour. Summer is here a small BBQ has been brought along with rolls and sausages and steaks and veggie burgers and salad and I’ve just finished making my husbands favourite potato salad and of course the WINE. It’s slightly cloudy here but the sun pops in and out occasionally which warms me through

Edited by DonnaThw
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, LightningLover said:

Hello everyone! I’ve been enjoying my holiday so far, in this small caravan we booked. Unfortunately the WiFi has a fee to use, and is probably pants anyway. The air is strangely humid, despite the temperature being around 15C. Also, since I’m technically not in the SE at the moment, is it illegal to post in here...? Ah well. I like this thread for the relaxed atmosphere. I hope everyone has a good day!

Your fine to post m8. Glad your enjoying your holiday, and the  weather is playing ball.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Looks like rain is on the way from France now, heading due north should hit us in a few hours. Not thundery yet, but seems to be getting heavier on approach.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, LightningLover said:

this thread can do with as many posters as possible during spring summer lol