Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

it could get very  wet in our area  for some  to -day  for  some

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Awoke to the sound of steady rain, accompanied by the beginnings of the Dawn Chorus.

Looks like those members who are Brontophiles, may get an early taster today. Thunder could accompany, heavy showers as we head into the afternoon.

1. My wife, Colette, although still suffering from a heavy cold, has been called into work, for a few hours, to hand out medication. The staff have been decimated, by the same cold virus. It's no wonder when a lot of the ageing residents keep contracting, all manner of viruses. BUPA aren't very sympathetic to staff, going sick. Fortunately, Colette is off tomorrow but has 12 hour shifts, on both Friday and Saturday. On her way, out the door, Colette told me to "listen out", for "The Doors"?? I politely asked if Jim Morrison, would be with them? That was met with a torrent of abuse!! ( I'll get my goat, sorry coat!!) We are having the doors to our new shower room, installed today. It's almost complete now. No more cardboard bottles and jugs at night, thank goodness. And I really do need a shave now. I resemble, an ageing Father Christmas. Right off to do some more work on my US Masters Golf Competition, on the Sports Zone forum. And I promose, no more talk of it on here. I don't want to incur the wrath of someone, again. Yes and I do know that Augusta, Georgia, isn't in the S,E. of England. It's in the S.E. of the U.S of A. Does that count?? Enjoy your day, thundery, or whatever. Regards, Tom. Sorry,  don't know what's happened to my font, there!!
  4. Regards, Tom.

Edited by TomSE12

Morning all 

As the above alludes to we could get another good shot at some thunder and hail today. There does seem to be some bias towards the midlands but a risk nonetheless 

nmm_uk1-6-13-0.png?04-06nmm_uk1-6-15-0.png?04-06 nmm_uk1-6-17-0.png?04-06

As ever trying to pin point anything is like trying to pin a tail on a real donkey..

Precipitation EURO4 We 04.04.2018 12 GMT Precipitation EURO4 We 04.04.2018 15 GMTPrecipitation EURO4 We 04.04.2018 18 GMT

preciprate_012.jpg?2018040400 preciprate_013.jpg?2018040400 preciprate_014.jpg?2018040400preciprate_016.jpg?2018040400

NMM thrown out on PPN charts because of how far off it is this morning.. Although I have used it to highlight where CAPE is present 

Current DP of 7 at Heathrow will need this ideally to get around 8-9 to spark anything off 

Posted
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Morning all 

As the above alludes to we could get another good shot at some thunder and hail today. There does seem to be some bias towards the midlands but a risk nonetheless 

nmm_uk1-6-13-0.png?04-06nmm_uk1-6-15-0.png?04-06 nmm_uk1-6-17-0.png?04-06

As ever trying to pin point anything is like trying to pin a tail on a real donkey..

Precipitation EURO4 We 04.04.2018 12 GMT Precipitation EURO4 We 04.04.2018 15 GMTPrecipitation EURO4 We 04.04.2018 18 GMT

preciprate_012.jpg?2018040400 preciprate_013.jpg?2018040400 preciprate_014.jpg?2018040400preciprate_016.jpg?2018040400

NMM thrown out on PPN charts because of how far off it is this morning.. Although I have used it to highlight where CAPE is present 

Current DP of 7 at Heathrow will need this ideally to get around 8-9 to spark anything off 

So are higher dp good indicators for thunder?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Cloud really starting to build up here in N Surrey dp of 7c up from 5.9c an hour earlier ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

After a reasonable start here with some pleasant sunshine, the weather is rapidly deteriorating and it is now overcast and very windy. Fairly mild at 12C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Lovely sunny start here too, but cloudy and windy now. Heavy showers to the west and north of London should clip here too i would think, some are indeed looking pretty heavy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Since the snow went the weather has been pretty non eventful. Since we can't have more snow, might as well get the sun out

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather

It's been a lovely day in Lowestoft with pleasantly warm sunny spells, if a little breezy. We seem to have missed most of the showers in this part of the world today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

What an absolutely crap day here. Thundery showers, my a**e! More like varying degrees of drizzle being blown about by howling winds. About 20 minutes of sun earlier this morning, then grey, grey, grey. Hurry up, Spring, this is depressing.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

pretty awful here in n Surrey grey between the showers and we just scrapped 11c really poor weather for weeks now !

• Like 1

Posted

This morning not too bad even if it was a bit breezy. 

9 year old grandson was here offering his services to earn some money. Helped happily in the garden and then some jobs indoors. Several jobs for not too long to keep the interest and enthusiasm up. 

Gave him his wages when done. I of course deducted for tax, national insurance and pension. 

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Since the snow went the weather has been pretty non eventful. Since we can't have more snow, might as well get the sun out

20% chance of snow in London tonight on the GFS ENS, 30% around Essex.:D

graphe_ens3.gif

graphe_ens3-1.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, snowray said:

20% chance of snow in London tonight on the GFS ENS, 30% around Essex.:D

graphe_ens3.gif

graphe_ens3-1.gif

It's only 11C...A wee way to go yet?:D

Posted
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

It's only 11C...A wee way to go yet?:D

I might just stay up tonight, you know, just in case.:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, snowray said:

I might just stay up tonight, you know, just in case.:rofl:

i can confirm, it's not snowing here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
46 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Not even raining here, makes a change.

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

its now a 25% chance for London and a 40% chance of snowfall for Essex on the 18z!:shok:

OMG, I want to see that snow flake soooooo much now, I won't be able to sleep a wink!!

graphe_ens3.gif

graphe_ens3-1.gif

images-9.jpg

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowray said:

its now a 25% chance for London and a 40% chance of snowfall for Essex on the 18z!:shok:

OMG, I want to see that snow flake soooooo much now, I won't be able to sleep a wink!!

graphe_ens3.gif

graphe_ens3-1.gif

images-9.jpg

anymore snow chances before summer

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

Not even raining here, makes a change.

I bet your really doing rain dances when no one is watching down there on the cliffs, no really, I think your going to win the PPN competition Alex, I mean the only real threat that you have there is from Lettucing Gutted I'd say who's gone even higher at 200mm.:ninja:

All we need now is for the easterlies to get colder and colder mid April, and beast from the east3 to turn up and Dami is on her way to win the CET competition for April with a record low CET of under 6c.:yahoo:

That would be Win, Win for the SE region, and I love a winner.:crazy:

Posted
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

anymore snow chances before summer

Yes lots of Easterlies to come. May be the wrong type of easterly though.:rofl:

Posted
8 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes lots of Easterlies to come. May be the wrong type of easterly though.:rofl:

south easterlies:bad: