Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Happy Easter Sunday.

Ground a total wreck around here, very very wet and the field plains ‘Lake’ like on the dog walk this morning. 

Guys at the farm behind my house are hoping for a 4 week drying out period - doubt that will happen somehow. 

More soaking rain tonight into the morning adding to the floods across the fields here. 

Cant wait for it to warm & dry up. 

• Like 5

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Happy Easter Sunday.

Ground a total wreck around here, very very wet and the field plains ‘Lake’ like on the dog walk this morning. 

Guys at the farm behind my house are hoping for a 4 week drying out period - doubt that will happen somehow. 

More soaking rain tonight into the morning adding to the floods across the fields here. 

Cant wait for it to warm & dry up. 

as  you say next worry will be flooding so much water about and that with out monday wash out  rain/snow coming

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wow tomorrow's rain is already on radar, looks like it may hit the sw iminantly.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Yellow warning has been extended as Far East as Eastbourne

Posted

Heavy hail shower in halesworth, white grass. Everywhere is already flooded round here, fields waterlogged after all the rain, had enough of this rain. Gonna need a canoe if we get the rain forecast for tomorrow :sorry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Blazerblue said:

Heavy hail shower in halesworth, white grass. Everywhere is already flooded round here, fields waterlogged after all the rain, had enough of this rain. Gonna need a canoe if we get the rain forecast for tomorrow :sorry:

Oh dear...that might explain why the sun has just come out - and then gone straight back in again?:shok:

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Oh dear...that might explain why the sun has just come out - and then gone straight back in again?:shok:

Yeah sun shine for two minutes here then the hail started, think, looking at the radar you should miss it, slightly south of  beccles :)

Posted
46 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

What yellow warning?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
6 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

What yellow warning?

Its april fools lol,maybe a yellow warning that we may actually see the sun soon

Posted
1 minute ago, snowrye said:

Its april fools lol,maybe a yellow warning that we may actually see the sun soon

Looked it up, doesn't show on Dover warnings, but west of here is in for heavy rain.

• Like 1

Posted

Make it stop, torrential rain/hail, looks like it’s been snowing in my garden, rivers of water running down the road. Could at least thrown in some lightening if we have to put up with this :wallbash:

5C302F55-5B1E-4F63-9F36-0E7561CCB2B5.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
28 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

What yellow warning?

It’s on the met office app, from 18:00BST today until 16:00BST tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Really not surprised to see wintry showers, popping up over our region. These should die out, as cloud from approaching weather system, advances over our area, from the SW.

Aa I posted the other day, really did think that warnings, were too far south, for disruptive snowfall. Looks like models have finally agreed with this and any noticeable snowfall looks to be confined to northern English hills and Scotland. Think milder air from the south will quickly overrun, any cold air in place, further north.

Hope you all enjoy, your Easter Day.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather
2 hours ago, LightningLover said:

Just tickling the edge of Hastings. rather have the waft of warmth and sun to be honest though :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather
9 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

had 10 inches of snow over night

My misses says 10 inches is too much........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, jasonuk said:

My misses says 10 inches is too much........

lol it was an april fool:sorry:

• Thanks 1

Posted

monday looking  very soggy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Glad to report my local river depth has dropped back today and Mrs Swan is relaxing on the nest - in fact she was asleep. No doubt tired after all the 'nest raising' efforts from yesterday! But it's worrying to see the next spell of very wet weather looming large. Hirlam suggesting between 10mm and 20mm for all of us by 19.00 tomorrow evening, with yet more rain as the week progresses.

5ac105d95a9c7_Swan01April.thumb.jpg.36fb137d6306e9353b754ed5b6a7da0d.jpg5ac105f1ab88d_Hirlamaccumprecipto02April19_00.thumb.png.c5aaa051d48fe70311ab7588f24cfd12.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcpyg5y98

The bunny is alive, I saw it's nose twitch:rofl:

Could get a bit wet tomorrow, glad we're not up north travelling

Edited by Pixel
spwellin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Happy Easter everyone, sorry its a bit late in the day.....:D

Hope you all had your easter bunnies, and easter Eggs!!!:yahoo::drunk:I've had a few vinos with friends.....:friends:

Lots of soggy wet weather tonight for us all, no white Easter....ahhhhhhh wellll.......

download.png

images-17.jpg

images-15.jpg

images-11.jpg

images.jpg

images-4.jpg

images-16.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

All 12z runs now seem to be in agreement on finally delivering some Spring warmth, as we head deeper into April, with the relaxation of those positive heights, over Greenland. Although GFS, reintroduces some northern blocking, way out in FI land, high pressure over Greenland not aligned favourably, at the moment, to deliver an April Arctic blast, from the north. Indeed it suggests a warmish easterly, from the Continent, as Winter finally relinquishes it's grip, over the other side, of the North Sea.

My poor wife, Colette, has succumbed to this nasty cold virus, that's doing the rounds at the moment. She was sent home yesterday, by the Care Manager, at the Residential Home, where she works, in Chislehurst. It's the second nasty virus, she's had in four months. We both had the "flu jab", back in late October. But of course, the flu vaccine, doesn't protect against the common cold virus. But it's no wonder my wife has fallen ill again, exposed to all manner of viruses, that the residents, contract. What with the verbal and physical abuse too, that she also has to withstand, even faeces being thrown at the staff. A few months ago, she had to calm down, a knife wielding resident and for all this, she gets paid, a mere pittance. IMO, it's a national disgrace, with regard to the wage Care Workers, get paid. When I think to what I was being paid, for working on Sundays and Bank Holidays, before I became ill, for taking a few bets on sport, I feel really guilty!! That was an absolute "doddle", compared to my wife's job.

I've made sure , Colette has stayed in bed, in the warm today, dosed up with paracetamol and drinking plenty. I have had the lounge all to myself and have already "knocked out", one Easter egg!! Roses, very yummy but that's enough sugar, for one day!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

had 10 inches of snow over night

10 inches, mmmm. What was you up to last night Lass, was you dreaming?:laugh:

Edited by snowray