Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
10 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes thats about it here too.:sorry:

All that panic buying and stocking up that I did for nothing, I have no idea what I'm going to do with all this powdered milk that I got, and anyway its horrible in tea.:laugh: Its just that I got sucked into all the Beast hype and was sort of expecting another 87 or 91, or even a mini 09/10, I will never ever pay any attention to the Hirlam model again with all its mauves and deep purples showing for around here.:( 

all those models i ignore because i always get 2 inches or less lol, sell you powder on ebay

Posted
15 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes thats about it here too.:sorry:

All that panic buying and stocking up that I did for nothing, I have no idea what I'm going to do with all this powdered milk that I got, and anyway its horrible in tea.:laugh: Its just that I got sucked into all the Beast hype and was sort of expecting another 87 or 91, or even a mini 09/10, I will never ever pay any attention to the Hirlam model again with all its mauves and deep purples showing for around here.:( 

Beast number 1 was very good here, the models as a whole really underestimated the snow, beast number two on other hand... I think I struck lucky with snow. Best cold spell since 2010, not seen cold like it this century -3.8C at 3PM near center of London at that time of year think unprecedented. What worked to our detriment was SSTs being much colder than they would have been early in winter. The true snow machine wasn’t truly activated. Beast number two core of the cold went north, the winds were too easterly less sea track. Initially looked a snowy concentrated ENE..

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Yes north and west of London did best but its often like that, London got its couple of inches of snow like it does regularly every so often. Funny really people in the west often say that they don't do very well in an easterly but in actual fact they usually end up getting most of the snow. I must say I did expect better in my location, but we never did get the ENEly snow machine up and running, better than nothing though of course after a 5 year absence of anything half decent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Why in everything that is deemed Balls and Poo, do i wake up at 5 A.M on my days off, must be me age....
Anyway, morning special people. Heres hoping today is going to be a bit dryer??!

• Like 1

Posted

well  looking  at the radar   just glad  i am not on holiday on our coast this Easter all i say  is roll  on may when i am in north  Norfolk !! hopefully its a bit dryer  and warmer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Morning! I have just woken up to a moderate-heavy shower.

River Bourne near me has burst now looking at this you can see why 

Screenshot_20180331-080001.thumb.png.920a89678ec3d648f068a646aff3ba31.png

Although a long way off the all time high thankfully. 

Ground water is also very high round my way I tell by how long it takes for the water to soak away on my patio drain 

With more rain expected I think we may see a few more flood watch issued. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Drizzle here this morning, the cat isn't Impressed at getting muddy feet again! The lawn is waterlogged, but even that's an improvement as yesterday it was completely underwater :( 

It's been around 6C all night and the forecast is for much the same all day as well *sigh* Fed up with grey skies, a bit of blue would be nice.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

wow! some sun this morning (but clouding over as I say it)...see parts of the south east (shoeburyness) have had nearly twice their rainfall for this month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Well it’s a great start to the Spring break. My niece is  back in hospital :sorry: Mum’s shoulder might need to be operated on now. My husband has a tooth ache and can get a emergency appointment  And  it hasn’t stopped raining, I bl**dy hate rain. Sorry I’m being a grumpy goat. 

Edited by DonnaThw

7 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Well it’s a great start to the Spring break. My niece is  back in hospital :sorry: Mum’s shoulder might need to be operated on now. My husband has a tooth ache and can get a emergency appointment  And  it hasn’t stopped raining, I bl**dy hate rain. Sorry I’m being a grumpy goat. 

Sending hugs ? and wishing the rain away 

p.s not allowed to mention goats in here the really grumpy gits put a end to it so lassie and ed took it over to the “did you know thread “ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Absolutely miserable spell of weather. Readings for my location the last 24 hours have been 0.1 hours of sunshine and 13mm of rain. The wettest locations in our Region yesterday were Wittering at 17.2mm and St.Catherines Point at 17.8mm.

But spare a thought for this pair of swans on my local river, the Brett. I watched them this morning frantically trying to raise the height of their nest to stop it being washed away. She was sat on it last week when I passed, so maybe eggs in there. Hope the rain clears off and they win their battle.

Swans.thumb.jpg.aa09cbdde7cb05e9fbf0859c6f36e0de.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
52 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Absolutely miserable spell of weather. Readings for my location the last 24 hours have been 0.1 hours of sunshine and 13mm of rain. The wettest locations in our Region yesterday were Wittering at 17.2mm and St.Catherines Point at 17.8mm.

But spare a thought for this pair of swans on my local river, the Brett. I watched them this morning frantically trying to raise the height of their nest to stop it being washed away. She was sat on it last week when I passed, so maybe eggs in there. Hope the rain clears off and they win their battle.

Swans.thumb.jpg.aa09cbdde7cb05e9fbf0859c6f36e0de.jpg

oh let us know if they succeed !!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Grey and cold morning here, a tad brighter now with a few breaks in the clouds. A poor 8C currently with little wind. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Well at least it didn't rain here today in St Leonards-on-Sea. With less than an hour of sunshine and a max of 8.4c it's probably just as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Horrid day with rain or drizzle on and off, not looking much better for the rest of the weekend.

Oh well, glad I have taken the 9th-13th off and decided to work Friday and Monday of this bank holiday weekend.

Posted

I’ve come down with the flu feel like death, that’s thrown a spanner in the works. Weather can’t say I’ve paid any interest been so lethargic, high fever no appetite, way to lose weight, barely been able to get out of bed.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I’ve come down with the flu feel like death, that’s thrown a spanner in the works. Weather can’t say I’ve paid any interest been so lethargic, high fever no appetite, way to lose weight, barely been able to get out of bed.

Feel better soon

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

You seem to have a very low immune system? Not long ago you said about not feeling well... get ur self to docs for some blood tests ! Gws hunny.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

No  sfrerics showing up anywhere in our region as far as I can tell from this website ?

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#m=sat;r=0;t=3;s=0;o=0;b=;n=0;y=51.2166;x=0.3324;z=8;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

Edited by SenlacJack
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Morning everyone.

Another dull, damp sort of day here. This must go down as one of the worst Easters weatherwise thus far.

Today we are promised bright intervals and showers and it will be interesting to see if we will be that lucky or we will actually see a bit of the old currant bun.

Tomorrow looks dire. I am stewarding at our football club tomorrow and I am not looking forward to a right soaking if the game goes ahead. The pitch has held up well thus far. 

Locally the rivers are high with flood warnings out and Hylands Park (the venue fir the now defunct V festival) is a quagmire.

Enjoy the rest of Easter

Edit I do believe the sun is trying to shine. Starts singing in his best singing voice "hello mamma, hello papa, here we are at Camp Granada", for those of you old enough to remember it.:yahoo:

Kind Regatds

Dave