Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
TomSE12

GOLF ( U.S.Masters, Fantasy Competitiom )

After hosting, which in my humble opinion, was a successful Cheltenham Tipping Competition, I wouldn't mind hosting another "reprise" of a Sports "Fantasy" competition I used to "host" at work, if I could muster a bit of interest from some of you Golf fans, out there.

I worked for Credit Bookmakers, Sunderland's, in Croydon, for a number of years and ran a variety of "Fantasy Sports" competitions. We had a competition on all the 4 "Majors", in the golf season ( U.S.Masters, U.S.Open, U.S.P.G.A. Ch'ship and British Open).

The U.S. Masters runs from 5th-8t April (inc.) this year The "Fantasy" competition would entail selecting 3 golfers from each of 4 groups of 8. These 32 players are the current top 32 golfers, in Bookmakers current betting lists, on the "Masters".

Very briefly, the competition is based on each of your 12 selected golfers, finishing positions and bonus points given, for "Eagles", lowest round of the day and highest finishing golfer, from each of these World Regions ( Top American, Top European, Top Rest of World golfer). You will also be asked to nominate the most likely winner, from your 12 selected golfers. Again, should your nominated winner be victorious, you will be awarded bonus points, based on their fixed odds price. All these bonus points, will be MINUSED off the average finishing position, of your 12 selected golfers. So in this instance, LOWEST, is best. It sounds complicated but really, it isn't. My daughter, Hayley, came to work for Sunderlands, in her early 20s and entered all Dad's competitions and successfully, too. And her knowledge of golf at the time, was very limited.

I won't  post up exact details and rules of the competition until I know, if many of you are interested in entering and if it's worth bothering with it, or not. There's NO entry fee involved and therefore, NO prize money. It's just a bit of "virtual" fun.

Please post on this thread, if you're interested in entering.

Many Thanks.

Tom (SE12)

After taking part in the cheltenham competition and really enjoying it you can count me in for this also TomSE12  :good:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

After taking part in the cheltenham competition and really enjoying it you can count me in for this also TomSE12  :good:

Thanks KW,

I hope I can generate enough interest.

Regards,

Tom.

Hi Tom,

Yes i would give it a go.I hope you get sufficient interest.:)

• Like 1

Im down

• Like 1

Thanks to those of you above, that have replied already. I think we'll have at least 6 entries in, by the time the tournament starts on 5th April. I'm sure, my son Antony, daughter Hayley and her boyfriend, Paul, will enter. They all did, when I ran these competitions, at Sunderland Credit Bookmakers, in Croydon. I'll go into more detail now, re. what you're required to do, when entering the competition. It might seem a bit complicated but as I stated before, my daughter Hayley, before becoming a Golf fan, entered all Dad's competitions, in her early 20s. With her knowledge of Racing, Football, Golf and a lot of other sports, put some of her male colleague's, to shame. She's an attractive, young lady ( If I'm allowed to say that, about my daughter) and must be a "dream" for any sport's loving fella, to enter into a relationship with!! Her boyfriend, Paul, is a lovely guy and looks after my daughter, very well, as well as my son, Antony, who is very ill, with Huntington's Disease.

Anyway, I digress. U.S.Masters. Competition Rules and Format:

1.) Select 3 Golfers, from each of the following 4 groups, A,B,C,D. Against each golfer, is their current Bookmaker's "fixed odds" price.

GROUP A

R.McILROY 

D.JOHNSON

T.WOODS

J.THOMAS

J.ROSE

J.DAY

J.RAHM

GROUP B

P.MICKELSON

R.FOWLER

B.WATSON

P.CASEY

S.GARCIA

H.MATSUYAMA

H.STENSON

T.FLEETWOOD

GROUP C

T.PIETERS

A.SCOTT

M.LEISHMAN

P.REED

L.OOSTHUIZEN

A.NOREN

T.HATTON

B.KOEPKA

GROUP D

M.KUCHAR

B.SNEDEKER

B.HARMAN

X.SCHAUFFELE

B.DE CHAMBEAU

C.SCHWARTZEL

R.CABRERA-BELLO

T.FINAU.

1.) Select 3 Golfers, from each of the following 4 groups, A,B,C,D. Against each golfer, is their,World Region and their current Bookmaker's "Fixed Odds" price.

GROUP A

R.McILROY  (EUR) - 8/1

D.JOHNSON (U.S.A) - 9/1

T.WOODS (U.S.A ) - 9/1

J.THOMAS ( U.S.A) - 10/1

J.SPIETH (U.S.A) - 12/1

J.ROSE (EUR) - 14/1

J.DAY (R.O.W) - 161

J.RAHM ( EUR) - 18/1

GROUP B

P.MICKELSON (U.S.A) - 18/1

R.FOWLER ( U.S.A) - 20/1

B.WATSON (U.S.A) - 25/1

P.CASEY (EUR) - 25/1

S.GARCIA (EUR) - 28/1

H.MATSUYAMA  (R.O.W) - 28/1

H.STENSON (EUR) - 33/1

T.FLEETWOOD (EUR) - 33/1

GROUP C

T.PIETERS (EUR) - 50/1

A.SCOTT (R.O.W) - 50/1

M.LEISHMAN (R.O.W) - 50/1

P.REED (U.S.A) - 50/1

L.OOSTHUIZEN (R.O.W) - 50/1

A.NOREN (EUR) - 60/1

T.HATTON (U.S.A) 60/1

B.KOEPKA (U.S.A) - 66/1

GROUP D

M.KUCHAR (U.S.A) - 66/1

B.SNEDEKER (U.S.A) - 70/1

B.HARMAN (U.S.A) - 70/1

X.SCHAUFFELE (U.S.A) - 70/1

B.DECHAMBEAU (U.S.A) - 80/1

C.SCHWARTZEL (R.O.W) - 80/1

R.CABRERA-BELLO (EUR) - 80/1

T.FINAU.(U.S.A) - 80/1.

I'll post up rest of competition format and rules, in a short while.

Regards,

Tom.

Avatar pic shows result of P.E.S on Chislehurst Common.

Out of your 12 selected golfers, nominate the golfer you feel, most likely to win the tournament, your "nap", in other words.

If your nominated golfer wins, you will extra bonus points, which will be MINUSED off, your golfers finishing position.

The bonus points will be determined by your golfers, "Fixed Odds" price, as follows:

8/1 to 14/1 (inc) = 2 pts.

16/1 to 25/1 (inc) = 3 pts

28/1 to 50/1 (inc) = 4 pts

60/1 to 70/1 (inc) = 5 pts

80/1 = 6 pts.

These points are MINUSED off because the tournament is geared to the lowest score, winning.

Other BONUS POINTS on offer, as follows:

Lowest round of the day = 4 pts

World Region winner, over the tournament, as follows: Top USA golfer = 4pts, Top European golfer = 3pts, Top Rest of World golfer = 2 pts.

Every "Eagle" holed = 1 pt.

In all these categories, should your golfer "dead-heat", bonus points will be awarded in full. Again, all these bonus points will be MINUSED off, your golfers finishing position.MI

At the end of the tournament, your 12 golfers finishing positions, after any bonus points have been MINUSED off, will be added together and divided by 12, to give an average finishing position, for each golfer. The entrant with the lowest average finishing position, shall be deemed the winner!!.

Would entrants please have their entries posted in this thread by lunchtime on 4th April, please.

It sounds complicated but really it isn't. If my 22 year old daughter, who didn't have hardly any knowledge of golf, at the time, frequently entered my Golf Competitions, it can't be that difficult, can it??

Hayley now cites, Sergio Garcia, Jason Day and Louis Oosthuizen, as her favourite golfers. All have won her a little bit of "punting money". As you all know Sergio, the most frustrating but even he finally came good, last year!!

Hope you all enjoy, the competition. If you have any problem understanding the Format or Competition Rules, please PM me or send me a "Sticky Note".

Regards, 

Tom.:hi:

Hi Tom

What a great idea,i'll enter with these if i may

Group A

R McILROY

J.SPEITH

J.RAHM

Group B

R.FOWLER

S.GARCIA

H.STENSON

Group C

M.LEISHMAN

P.REED

A.NOREN

Group D

B.SNEDEKER

B.DECHAMBEAU

R.CABRERA-BELLO

I think B.KEOPKA has pulled out with a injury

Regards

Rich

• Like 1

Hi Suxer (Rich), Wow, you didn't muck about and thanks for your kind words!! Yes the golf competitions were very popular, at work. I ran one on all the 4 Golf "Majors" and even on the unofficial 5th "Major", sometimes The TPC at Sawgrass or TCP at sore a..e, as it was known, in Sunderlands Credit Office!!:D

We did a helluva lot of golf business at Sunderlands, until the Racing Post, in their infinite wisdom, took us out of their Golf Odds comparison table, in favour of one of these, gimmicky Online firms!!

Hope you didn't find Format and Rules, too confusing!! As I stated, my 22 year old daughter at the time, Hayley, didn't find it too hard to enter. Mind you she grew up in a household, with a Sports mad Father and Brother, she didn't have much choice. She's very knowledgeable on most sports, especially. Horse Racing, Football and Golf. Although those of you that know she's an ardent Arsenal fan, may doubt that!! :D Sorry Princess, only joking!! Poor thing went and sat in the freezing cold, at the Emirates, to see the Gunners get humbled 3-0 by Man.City, for the 2nd time, in a week!!

Rich, if I substituted Brooks Koepka with Patrick Cantlay, would it make any difference, to your picks??

And thanks for letting me know, about KOEPKA. I'll keep an eye out, for anymore Withdrawals!!

Regards,

Tom. 

• Like 1

Ah Rich, I see you're around, which golfer are you nominating to win, out of your  picks?

Regards.

Tom.

Suxer (Rich),

Has kindly pointed out that Brooks Koepka, has withdrawn through injury, so I'm substituting Patrick Cantlay, in his place.

1.) Select 3 Golfers, from each of the following 4 groups, A,B,C,D. Against each golfer, is their,World Region and their current Bookmaker's "Fixed Odds" price.

GROUP A

R.McILROY  (EUR) - 8/1

D.JOHNSON (U.S.A) - 9/1

T.WOODS (U.S.A ) - 9/1

J.THOMAS ( U.S.A) - 10/1

J.SPIETH (U.S.A) - 12/1

J.ROSE (EUR) - 14/1

J.DAY (R.O.W) - 161

J.RAHM ( EUR) - 18/1

GROUP B

R.FOWLER ( U.S.A) - 20/1

B.WATSON (U.S.A) - 25/1

P.CASEY (EUR) - 25/1

S.GARCIA (EUR) - 28/1

H.STENSON (EUR) - 33/1

T.FLEETWOOD (EUR) - 33/1

GROUP C

T.PIETERS (EUR) - 50/1

A.SCOTT (R.O.W) - 50/1

P.REED (U.S.A) - 50/1

A.NOREN (EUR) - 60/1

T.HATTON (U.S.A) 60/1

B.KOEPKA (U.S.A) - 66/1 (Withdrawn)  P.CANTLAY (U.S.A) - 66/1'

GROUP D

M.KUCHAR (U.S.A) - 66/1

B.HARMAN (U.S.A) - 70/1

T.FINAU.(U.S.A) - 80/1.

*NB Please don't forget to nominate one of your 12 selections, as the likely winner of the tournament. This will gain you extra bonus points, which will be MINUSED off, your golfers, finishing position. Bonus Points are based on Golfers, "Fixed Odds", price. The scale is, as follows: 

80/1 = 6 pts.

One other point to make, all category bonus points awarded, are in respect of the whole field and not just the field, in the Fantasy Competition. Sorry but it makes it far easier, for me to check, everyone's entry.

Regards,

Tom.:hi:

US Masters 2018

Group A 

R.McILROY

T.WOODS

J.ROSE

Group B - 

P.CASEY

H.MATSUYAMA

T.FLEETWOOD

Group C -

P.REED

A.SCOTT

M.LEISHMAN

Group D - 

B.HARMAN

M.KUCHAR

T.FINAU

My NAP is Paul Casey

• Like 1

Hi KW, 

Many thanks for your prompt entry, CASEY, will earn you 3 points for a winning nap, plus an extra 3 points, for Top European and no doubt points, tor Eagles, holed and perhaps points for lowest round of the day, as well. All these points, MINUSED off, his finishing position. If all that, comes to pass, Casey will have a minus figure to add to your other 11 golfers, finishing positions. Then divided by 12 to give an average finishing position, for your 12 golfers. The entrant with the lowest average finishing position, shall be deemed the winner.

Sounds complicated but will become clearer, as the tournament progresses.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Just a quick recap, on the format and how the points system works. Also a few examples, of the scoring system and how your golfer's final figure is arrived at.

1.) Select 3 Golfers, from each of the following 4 groups, A,B,C,D. Against each golfer, is their current Bookmaker's "fixed odds" price.    Find the Groups, further up the page.   ^^^^^^^^^

2.) Out of your 12 selected golfers, nominate the golfer you feel, most likely to win the tournament, your "nap", in other words.

If your nominated golfer wins, you will gain extra bonus points, which will be MINUSED off, your golfers finishing position.

The bonus points will be determined by your golfers, "Fixed Odds" price, as follows:

80/1 = 6 pts.

World Region winner, over the tournament, as follows: Top USA golfer = 4pts, Top European golfer = 3pts, Top Rest of World golfer = 2 pts.

Top 5 finish. BONUS POINTS. WINNER 1PT. 2nd, 3rd, 4th. 5th. 1/2 PT.

Some of these bonus points may seem very small but your golfer's performance, will be reflected, in his finishing position, already.

In all these categories, should your golfer "dead-heat", bonus points will be awarded in full. Again, all these bonus points will be MINUSED off, your golfers finishing position.

Now some examples .of how the scoring system works. Say the 1,2,3, finished, as the Bookmaker's betting suggests.

E.G.1st McILROY 2nd D.JOHNSON. 3rd WOODS. The scoring system works as follows, for example.

McILROY - 1 for finishing position. Say he holes 6 eagles, over the 4 rounds. 6 pts. Has the lowest daily score on 1 day. 4 pts. Wins Top European category. 3 pts. For winning the tournament. 1pt.  His score would be as follows. ( ) = Minus.

1 + (6) + (4) + (3) = minus 12. ( If you "napped" McIlroy, you would gain a further 2 bonus pts, which again would be minused off.)

D.JOHNSON. 2 Fin. Pos, + (6) eagles  + (8) lowest score on 2 days + (4) Top American + (0.5) Top 5 finish.  = minus 16.5

WOODS. 3 Fin.Pos. + (4) eagles + (4) lowest score on 1 day + (0.5) Top 5 finish = minus 5.5 

So you can see, it is entirely feasible, for the golfer finishing second in the actual tournament, to have the lowest figure in the, "Fantasy Competition", by dint of having accumulated more bonus points, than the winner. Perhaps by having 2 really good rounds and 1 really poor one, loosing him the official tournament.

These final figures would then be added to the rest of your selected golfers, final figures and divided by your number of golfers (12), to give an overall average figure, for your golfers. I introduced this bonus point system, to keep interest, on a daily basis.

The beauty of the Golf Competitions is that once your entry is in, you don't have to do anything else. Just sit back and enjoy the tournament, Unlike the Cheltenham Competition, when I had to make sure entrants got their daily selections in, which can be a logistical nightmare!!

I hope you find these examples helpful, in explaining the scoring system and hope you don't find the scoring system, too complicated!! My 22 year old daughter, understood it, at the time, so it can't be, too bad!! No doubt you're thinking, it's no wonder he had a Brain Haemorrhage!!:D We had a lot of fun with these Golf Competition's in Sunderland's Credit Office. I charged a £10 entry fee and having over 20 entrants, sometimes, ensured a total prize fund of £200>.

Anybody wanting to check the entries, I'd recommend the USPGA site ( link below). I'll be using it but due to the time difference, I probably won't have the "Fantasy" result out, until the Monday afternoon. Sorry but don't fancy staying up all night, on the Sunday, checking it!!:nonono:

USPGA site: https://www.pga.com/home/

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Further to my post this morning.

1.) Select 3 Golfers, from each of the following 4 groups, A,B,C,D. Against each golfer, is their current Bookmaker's "fixed odds" price.    Find the Groups, further up the page.   ^^^^^^^

Very briefly, the competition is based on each of your 12 selected golfers, finishing positions and bonus points given, for "Eagles", lowest round of the day and highest finishing golfer, from each of these World Regions ( Top American, Top European, Top Rest of World golfer). You will also be asked to nominate the most likely winner, from your 12 selected golfers. Again, should your nominated winner be victorious, you will be awarded bonus points, based on their fixed odds price. All these bonus points, will be MINUSED off the average finishing position, of your 12 selected golfers. So in this instance, LOWEST, is best. It sounds complicated but really, it isn't.

The aim of the Competition is, to get as many of your 12 selected golfers, as possible, to make "the cut" and as many, as possible to make it into, the top 20 finishers. And trying to keep too many "big number finishing positions", off your "scorecard", By Sunday evening, of the Masters, each golfer even those that have "missed the cut", will be allocated a finishing position.

You don't want too many player's finishing positions, to be in the 80's, 90's, 100's,etc, as this will seriously damage the average finishing position, of your selected 12 players and consequently, your chances of winning the "Fantasy Competition".

Regards,

Tom.

Hi Tom,

My selections for the 2018 masters

GROUP A                      GROUP B                 GROUP C                       GROUP D 

R Mcilroy                       P Casey                    T Pieters                          M Kuchar

J Spieth                         H Stenson                  P Reed                           B  Dechambeau

J Rose                          R  Fowler                    A  Scott                           B  Harman

My tip to win is

J Rose

Regards,

Phil :)

• Like 1

Thanks Phil, will enter up your selections in my special, Masters folder. Are you a horse-racing fan. If so, do you fancy entering my Aintree, Grand National meeting, tipping competition?

Regards,

Tom.

9 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Thanks Phil, will enter up your selections in my special, Masters folder. Are you a horse-racing fan. If so, do you fancy entering my Aintree, Grand National meeting, tipping competition?

Regards,

Tom.

Not a follower of horses i am afraid Tom,i just about know one end of one from the other!:)

Thanks anyway.

No problem Phil, thanks for your nice, clear entry. Hope you don't find the format and rules, too complicated. It felt right to base format on LOWEST is BEST. Also introduced a daily element, to the points system, to keep interest alive. But didn't want to award too many daily points, as obviously a players daily performance is reflected in his finishing position and that could skew the result and too many points to 1 golfer, could act against an entrant whose players, had performed better, overall. Had to "fine tune" it, over several tournaments but finally settled on this type of format.

Even tried to formulate a"Fantasy Competition" on the Ryder Cup but the problem with that was that pairings and matches aren't known until very late, with golfers still on course, from the previous matches, 

The format for this competition will become more clear, as the tournament progresses. I will have to keep up to date with scoring, through the U.S.P.G.A. site, as I don't have Sky Sports. I will have to "check" the entries, the following morning ,after each round,  due to the time difference but hopefully, will try and get out a table of current standings out , after every round. This is where a self-calculating spreadsheet would come in very handy!! When i ran these competitions at work, in a Bookmaker's Credit Office, a colleague of mine, devised one for this, old "technophobe" and it worked a treat. As I stated above my daughter, HAYLEYBR7, understood the format, when entering in her early twenties and  with very little golf knowledge, at the time. So hopefully, all entrants, will get the gist of it. Hayley's boyfriend is PAULBR7, who was ODDS COMPILER at Sunderland Bookmaker's, in the last few years, before the company was taken over, so I'm expecting a strong showing, from these two!!

I'm hoping to get around a dozen entries, made up of a nucleus from the Cheltenham competition.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

My son, ANTONYBR7s selections.

GROUP A

R.McILROY  (EUR)

J.ROSE (EUR)

J.DAY (R.O.W) 

GROUP B

P.MICKELSON (U.S.A)

**S.GARCIA (EUR)** (NAP)

H.STENSON (EUR)

GROUP C

A.SCOTT (R.O.W)

L.OOSTHUIZEN (R.O.W)

T.HATTON (U.S.A)

GROUP D

B.SNEDEKER (U.S.A)

C.SCHWARTZEL (R.O.W)

T.FINAU.(U.S.A)

AntonyBR7s's "NAP* S.GARCIA, is worth MINUS 4 points.

Tom.

Here are PAULBR7s U.S .Masters selections:

GROUP A

J.THOMAS (USA)

**J.SPIETH** (USA) NAP

J.ROSE (EUR)

GROUP B

P.CASEY (EUR)

B.WATSON (USA)

H.STENSON (EUR)

GROUP C

P.REED (USA)

A.NOREN (EUR)

T.HATTON (USA

GROUP D

M.KUCHAR (USA)

B.HARMAN (USA)

B.DECHAMBEAU (USA)

PaulBR7s "NAP" J.SPIETH, is worth MINUS 2 points.

Paul is my daughter Hayley's, boyfriend. He was Racing Manager, where we all worked together, at Sunderland's Credit Bookmakers. He was also Golf Odds Compiler, for a time. So I'm expecting a strong showing from Paul and also from my daughter. I think he'll prove that his performance, in the Cheltenham Tipping Competition, to be all wrong!! Definitely, one to fear!! No pressure there then Paul. :D Paul has landed some notable bets, when punting on the American and European Tours.

Tom.

Just want to post up the following example of how the scoring format works, Taking the favourite, McILROY, as the example.

If he were to lead, after the first round, with a 66, for example. His score would look something like this.

McILROY. : Minus 4 pts (Lowest daily round), Minus 2 pts (If he holed 2 Eagles, say) Minus 3 points ( Top European golfer) Finishing position. 1st  Fantasy Competition Figure =  Minus 8 + a further Minus 2 points, if you NAPPED him, making a final figure of MINUS 10.  The -10  would be added to your 11 other golfers, Fantasy Figure and divided by 12, to give you an average Fantasy figure performance overall, for your 12 golfers. Sounds complicated but it will become clearer, as the tournament, progresses. 

We certainly had a lot of fun with it at Sunderlands. U.S.Masters week, like Cheltenham, gave me a great "buzz". We certainly took a lot of "Golf Business", at Sunderlands!!

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE12

Just want to post this up again, for those members, that still want to enter.

1.) Select 3 Golfers, from each of the following 4 groups, A,B,C,D. Against each golfer, is their current Bookmaker's "fixed odds" price.    Find the Groups, further down the page.

2.) Out of your 12 selected golfers, nominate the golfer you feel, most likely to win the tournament, your "nap", in other words.

If your nominated golfer wins, you will gain extra bonus points, which will be MINUSED off, your golfers finishing position.

80/1 = 6 pts.

Top 5 finish. BONUS POINTS. WINNER 1PT. 2nd, 3rd, 4th. 5th. 1/2 PT.

Some of these bonus points may seem very small but your golfer's performance, will be reflected, in his finishing position, already.

In all these categories, should your golfer "dead-heat", bonus points will be awarded in full. Again, all these bonus points will be MINUSED off, your golfers finishing position.

Now some examples .of how the scoring system works. Say the 1,2,3, finished, as the Bookmaker's betting suggests.

E.G.1st McILROY 2nd D.JOHNSON. 3rd WOODS. The scoring system works as follows, for example.

McILROY - 1 for finishing position. Say he holes 6 eagles, over the 4 rounds. 6 pts. Has the lowest daily score on 1 day. 4 pts. Wins Top European category. 3 pts. For winning the tournament. 1pt.  His score would be as follows. ( ) = Minus.

1 + (6) + (4) + (3) = minus 12. ( If you "napped" McIlroy, you would gain a further 2 bonus pts, which again would be minused off.)

D.JOHNSON. 2 Fin. Pos, + (6) eagles  + (8) lowest score on 2 days + (4) Top American + (0.5) Top 5 finish.  = minus 16.5

WOODS. 3 Fin.Pos. + (4) eagles + (4) lowest score on 1 day + (0.5) Top 5 finish = minus 5.5 

So you can see, it is entirely feasible, for the golfer finishing second in the actual tournament, to have the lowest figure in the, "Fantasy Competition", by dint of having accumulated more bonus points, than the winner. Perhaps by having 2 really good rounds and 1 really poor one, loosing him the official tournament.

These final figures would then be added to the rest of your selected golfers, final figures and divided by your number of golfers (12), to give an overall average figure, for your golfers. I introduced this bonus point system, to keep interest, on a daily basis.

The beauty of the Golf Competitions is that once your entry is in, you don't have to do anything else. Just sit back and enjoy the tournament, Unlike the Cheltenham Competition, when I had to make sure entrants got their daily selections in, which can be a logistical nightmare!!

I hope you find these examples helpful, in explaining the scoring system and hope you don't find the scoring system, too complicated!! My 22 year old daughter, understood it, at the time, so it can't be, too bad!! No doubt you're thinking, it's no wonder he had a Brain Haemorrhage!!:D We had a lot of fun with these Golf Competition's in Sunderland's Credit Office. I charged a £10 entry fee and having over 20 entrants, sometimes, ensured a total prize fund of £200>.

Anybody wanting to check the entries, I'd recommend the USPGA site ( link below). I'll be using it but due to the time difference, I probably won't have the "Fantasy" result out, until the Monday afternoon. Sorry but don't fancy staying up all night, on the Sunday, checking it!!:nonono:

USPGA site: https://www.pga.com/home/

GROUP A

R.McILROY  (EUR) - 8/1

D.JOHNSON (U.S.A) - 9/1

T.WOODS (U.S.A ) - 9/1

J.THOMAS ( U.S.A) - 10/1

J.SPIETH (U.S.A) - 12/1

J.ROSE (EUR) - 14/1

J.DAY (R.O.W) - 161

J.RAHM ( EUR) - 18/1

GROUP B

R.FOWLER ( U.S.A) - 20/1

B.WATSON (U.S.A) - 25/1

P.CASEY (EUR) - 25/1

S.GARCIA (EUR) - 28/1

H.STENSON (EUR) - 33/1

T.FLEETWOOD (EUR) - 33/1

GROUP C

T.PIETERS (EUR) - 50/1

A.SCOTT (R.O.W) - 50/1

P.REED (U.S.A) - 50/1

A.NOREN (EUR) - 60/1

T.HATTON (U.S.A) 60/1

B.KOEPKA (U.S.A) - 66/1 (Withdrawn)  P.CANTLAY (U.S.A) - 66/1'

GROUP D

M.KUCHAR (U.S.A) - 66/1

B.HARMAN (U.S.A) - 70/1

T.FINAU.(U.S.A) - 80/1.

*NB Please don't forget to nominate one of your 12 selections, as the likely winner of the tournament. This will gain you extra bonus points, which will be MINUSED off, your golfers, finishing position. Bonus Points are based on Golfers, "Fixed Odds", price. The scale is, as follows: 

80/1 = 6 pts.

One other point to make, all category bonus points awarded, are in respect of the whole field and not just the field, in the Fantasy Competition. Sorry but it makes it far easier, for me to check, everyone's entry.

Could you please have your entries in by lunchtime on Wednesday.So I can collate them all, thank you.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

•  
  •  

Edited by TomSE12

Just had to comment here Tom as related.

What a gutsy performance by Ian Poulter to come through from T123rd in round 1 to win after a playoff in yesterday's PGA event Houston  Texas thus qualifying him for the final Masters spot!

Typical of the man who has shown these fighting qualities in the past eg-Ryder cup comeback in Medina.

He may not be the greatest golfer but my what a character.

Edited by phil nw.
Venue corrected!
  • Like 1