Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

27 minutes ago, Quinach said:

Looks like Aberdeen is being clobbered at the moment though nothing to be heard here in terms of thunder (in fact lovely and sunny!).

Another warm and muggy day (24C max) with quite a stiff cooling breeze.  Generally sunny but you could see it was much cloudier towards the east all day.

Snag_5bd3d3e.thumb.png.9b480805609f83b320e268cd2156f53d.png

We're just missing the worst of it... so far. But audible thunder. Very oppressive.   

Edit: thunder much more frequent now. It's here!

Edited by Richard Taylor

There was a very intense downpour here about ten minutes ago. Since then it has become very dark with more steady rain and stronger winds.

3 minutes ago, Richard Taylor said:

Storm still with us, but thunder has dissipated. But getting spells of torrential rain, like turning on/off a shower!

Power shower!

I think this will be on and off all night.

This has the makings of a interesting evening and night ahead going by the latest radar - look at those storms in Eastern England.

Beautiful sky here a few minutes ago, blue skies to the west and dark black ominous clouds to the east.  Started to rain and end result a rainbow much to the delight of the kids, though that has disappeared now as its clouding over (these storms definitely have a westward drift on them).

Snag_64b735f.thumb.png.43e496ed274a3c1d6b858cc543481365.png

Looks like very heavy (non thundery) rain in western areas now maybe touching glasgow soon. Meanwhile here in the central belt it's still dry but for how long

Showers staying offshore here just as last night. A few large spots of rain aside it has been dry.  Hoping for either a storm later this evening or clear skies for a view the Moon eclipse and Mars at its nearest to Earth for 15 years. Unfortunately we might be in an inbetweenie bit with cloud and no lightning.

Edited by Norrance

Getting rather black to the south. Something's a coming

12 minutes ago, A Winter's Tale said:

Interesting sky to the south and west.imageproxy.php?img=&key=d8af95ed7f22db9e

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice one, I saw something similar here but didn't have as good a vantage point. Some Pretty torrential rain at times here. 

Edited by Ross B

Thunder and lightning approaching from the south now! 

Just had a big bolt of lightning here

Been a few distant flashes of lightning here, looking SW.

Was some pretty heavy rain also for the best part of an hour.

Edit: Looking on the radar it looks to be going SE>NW which means the city is missing most of it, but Ayrshire, Inverclyde, Argyll are taking a battering.

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard

Plenty of flashes in the distance around Motherwell, very dark looking skies but everything seems to be skirting round the edge of NL at the moment.

I have my camera at the ready for that big storm approaching from north east england, some whites and purples on the radar looks like I will be on the edge of it in the next 25-30 mins, areas like Dunbar, north berwick and eventually st Andrews look to be in the firing line for the core of the storm.

I've seen a couple of flashes too. I don't expect too much lightning activity in the west tonight though some eastern parts may have an interesting g night ahead. The heavy rain is back on and it seems the chance to see the lunar eclipse has passed.

Keep hearing very distant thunder as well. Really spooky actually!

Going by the radar Paisley/Renfrew/Clydebank must be getting soaked. right now.

20180727_221815_4.thumb.gif.3b1e64d549e1b2dd6b6414553d825ccd.gifAnother cell came in much better. Best I could do with the gif. 

Edited by Ross B

first flash of lightning and rumble of thunder also the winds have picked up a lot

Just like an oven outside and very oppressive . Currently 22c Rain  and thunder cannot be far away.Already had lights flickering. Grain sides on cart this evening so the countdown to harvest commnces.Will be nice If its a bit cooler  next week  as I will start brushing and power washing the sheds.

Forecast for tomorrow has improved with a mostly dry day after a thundery wet night so fingers crossed.

Edited by Northernlights