Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Max of 16C here today (yesterday) too . Mostly cloudy and breezy with a few showers making it through in the afternoon. Feeling cool in the breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Been really bleugh here, grey and windy but not too cold not too hot. Woke up this morning to see two big calves (ok well they looked like mini-bulls to me!) outside happily munching the grass then ambling down the terrace to head-butt number 8's wheelie bin. By the time somebody phoned the farm they were helpfully cropping the grass in the wee playground at the bottom of the street. Ususally its a wild wabbit munching away, so bullocks were a change..

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

It’s been relentlessly overcast in Glasgow for I can’t remember how long now. Getting ridiculous how little we’ve seen direct sunlight over the past few weeks.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

It’s been relentlessly overcast in Glasgow for I can’t remember how long now. Getting ridiculous how little we’ve seen direct sunlight over the past few weeks.

Just  a few glimpses over here in the east too.

Darned windy and grey today as well.

I have a host of rels from down south and over the water visiting on Monday en route to Aberdeen and I was hoping to prepare  a lunch outside...........Seems as if that plan will be off the table.

• Like 2

Posted

15/15°C muggy, drizzling but a warm sun attempting to break through.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

On and off drizzle all day here, 14C.  Pits really.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

That's 3 windy and midgeless days on the trot, wonderful they were. A return to midge-hell tomorrow 

(all these new pictograms are pretty amazing, what!)

Posted

The wind dropped this evening making it quite nice out of doors.

There was, and still is now fantastic visibility with a great sunset. At 21.37 tonight I can see a lovely pale blue patch of sky.

1530020647_Augsun2.thumb.jpg.e6f92531b36e77fcd348c96af05829ba.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Very windy these past two days making it almost impossible to bale up the last of the straw without it taking off into the North Sea. Sunny this afternoon and warm at 18c but calm now and 12c.

• Like 2

Posted

Miserable grey morning it is, steady light rain causing a waterfall above and over the backdoor due to a blocked down pipe.(waiting 2 weeks or so for a tradesman to sort it)

No wind but temp a mere 11C.

Posted

The sun (yes I said it) is attempting to make a appearance. Almost a miracle after how dull it's been this week

• Like 1

Posted

Well, there was a wavery sky earlier on today, but now just a flat lighter grey sky, overhead, with some occasional drizzle. Temp this pm, 15C.

Hopes pinned on a clearance tomorrow.

Thinking about an autumn break in Colonsay.

• Like 1

Posted

The sun did break through today, briefly. Enough though, for a family meal outside, which went well - well sort of. Cloudy mostly but, temp 17- 18C.

I am in disgrace now, sitting in the kitchen alone, punishment for disrupting the party, as one member of the get-together is a UKIPPER  and Trump supporter - god help him.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
16 minutes ago, ciel said:

The sun did break through today, briefly. Enough though, for a family meal outside, which went well - well sort of. Cloudy mostly but, temp 17- 18C.

I am in disgrace now, sitting in the kitchen alone, punishment for disrupting the party, as one member of the get-together is a UKIPPER  and Trump supporter - god help him.

And yet you've been banished? Sounds like a gross miscarriage of justice

Free the Fettercairn one!

Looking surprisingly Autumnal next week in terms of temperatures. Usually we get some warmth into September, maybe it'll make a reappearance.

• Like 3

Posted

Dry, light winds and a high of 16C.  Overcast all day bar a brief glimpse of the sun around midday; the bountiful sunshine from earlier in the summer seems a distant memory.

Saw around 40 to 50 swallows congregating on the telephone wire leading to the local farm today - a impressive sight but alas a sign that summer is coming to a close, though I would be surprised if they are migrating before the end of the month.

• Like 2

Posted

Another dry bright start to the day.Up to 24hrs ago we were forecast rain for today but it has been delayed again unlike last year whenever a dry day was forecast it changed to rain to rain just 24 hours before . Two very contrasting years. Need rain neeps and grass all wilting badly after a few very windy days.Currrently 12c

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
1 hour ago, Northernlights said:

Another dry bright start to the day.Up to 24hrs ago we were forecast rain for today but it has been delayed again unlike last year whenever a dry day was forecast it changed to rain to rain just 24 hours before . Two very contrasting years. Need rain neeps and grass all wilting badly after a few very windy days.Currrently 12c

Morning Northernlights, a super nice summers dawn here. Currently 17c on the top where those cattle are grazing at 2100m  !  See the low cloud in the Lungau Valley, however, when that soon burns off , temps of 30C down there today. Sure your rains will come soon but may be further south and west yet again.

C

39751121_10156760062568628_8695930403430596608_o.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Another dreich grey start to the day  - very still, fine drizzle, low cloud shrouding the landscape, temp 13C.                                                                                                                                                                         

Posted

Very murky day with drizzle in the air off and on, accompanied by a stiff SW breeze but in compensation a pleasant high of 18C.

Murk cleared in the evening to allow a few glimpses of sun though wind is strengthening. 

Very mild outside at the moment, craneflies are not enjoying the wind, barely able to get above ground level!

Posted

More or less missed the rain again overnight with just enough to lay the dust .Clearing from the west now at 14c with temperature falling from 16c an hour ago.Most of the trees have some autumn colouring now so looks like late September.

Posted

Disgusting morning commute. Lovely return journey - 17°C and sunshine all the way.

Noticed leaves are changing colour today on a few trees. Autumn around the corner.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather
On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 21:59, Quinach said:

Dry, light winds and a high of 16C.  Overcast all day bar a brief glimpse of the sun around midday; the bountiful sunshine from earlier in the summer seems a distant memory.

Saw around 40 to 50 swallows congregating on the telephone wire leading to the local farm today - a impressive sight but alas a sign that summer is coming to a close, though I would be surprised if they are migrating before the end of the month.

Interesting as our swallows seem to have slipped away already , a tad early I think I wonder what they know we don't?....

Posted
10 minutes ago, Halfamilefromnowhere said:

Interesting as our swallows seem to have slipped away already , a tad early I think I wonder what they know we don't?....

Same here. There are certainly a few dotting about still, but no massing on the wires at my location, as yet anyway. Usually they  are heaving with mixed hirundines at this time of year. I think the cold spring has affected their migratory and breeding patterns adversley this year.

Anyway, it's been dry here overnight, cloudy, and quite cool at 11C.

Posted

Vile start to the day but can only get better surely (albeit a lot cooler)