Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Literally my second worst weather type today An easterly that delivers the slate grey of early schooling and little else other than boring wind chill. Happy tho that those that missed out daan sa

It's been a peculiar and memorable day of weather ?

View east. Angry sky.   Various animal tracks. Mainly rabbits?   View down the Tweed.   Mr Red Robin. Fearless.   Finally, the boy cat s

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, howham said:

Forecast for 26-27C for parts of Aberdeenshire tomorrow!

I'd not be surprised if it hits 28C, 850 temps are as high as 14C, Foehn wind off the Grampians and plenty of sunshine. 26C for the eastern Borders which is plenty :)

• Like 1

Humid, overcast/murky with occasional spits of rain all day here in this part of Aberdeenshire - max temp of 18C and light winds.  Good to see some life returning to the countryside with the recent rain.

5 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I'd not be surprised if it hits 28C, 850 temps are as high as 14C, Foehn wind off the Grampians and plenty of sunshine. 26C for the eastern Borders which is plenty

Record for Aberdeen is 29.8C I believe.

• Like 1

Well-broken cloud this morning. The most significant weather feature is quite a stiff breeze, which, although the temp is registering 22C, makes it feel coolish.

After a couple of overcast damp days, the garden seems to have sprung back to life. The Buddleia which is just coming into full bloom is covered with Honey bees and various hoverflies, and many of the usual garden birds have returned.

Some of the conifers, though, are showing signs of drought, with yellowing of needles at their growing tips.

• Like 3

It's 24C at Charterhall at 11am. I'm in Paisley and it's 16C and cloudy, but heading home now :) 

Aberdeen is on fire:

1289247863_Screenshot_20180722-113006_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.61d754f44f82a1866d5dcb53ff010644.jpg

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Breezy ,warm ,overcast and  very humid here at 23c. Starting to get harvest machinery ready now as if real heat arrives in early August then harvest will soon follow.   Possibly a rare August finish to harvest.

4 hours ago, Quinach said:

Weather station is reporting 23.8c already at 10:30am under overcast skies. Not often you can say that in Aberdeenshire! 

Normally I'd agree with you but last Sunday was also toasty and cloudy.  Today seems sunnier.

Down in Kilmarnock last night visiting friends for a few drinkies. Cloudy there with rain overnight. Still damp and dull in the morning. Car showed 18.0c there when we left. Quite a contrast to here when we got home. Sunny spells and 25.5C in the shade. 

Been a cloudy day but not cold. Noticed that in FI GFS seems to be going for the mother of all plumes (and potentally very very electrified for us up here) ;)

• Like 2

Certainly was warm in the 'Shire this morning and early afternoon despite, or because of, a strong breeze. Headed off for a few days further west and its certainly cloudier and a little cooler in Inverness. 

Heavy dew on the car earlier this morning. After a sunny start to the day, now a fair bit of cloud cover. Less breeze than yesterday, temp 17C.

Yesterday evening's sunset/twilight was fantastic. The pic does not do it justice.

761520960_Sunset22_07_2018.thumb.jpg.5c18a318bab1cbec8f3980d6234b924f.jpg

• Like 5

Good morning from Dreichsville Towers. It's been like this for a few days now. I wish it would rain properly and quit with this misty murk. Very much cooler than recent days, thankfully! Some parts of Englandshire in for a real sweat fest soon! Rather them than me!

• Like 3

Quite breezy and cloudy today with a few brief sunny intervals.  What a heat though, 27C earlier this afternoon and feeling very muggy.  Temperature now 26C outside as I type.

Edited by Quinach

Yss, the cold front sliding SE has certainly pepped-up with reds on the radar. Will hold off with the infinite watering this evening ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, shuggee said:

Yss, the cold front sliding SE has certainly pepped-up with reds on the radar. Will hold off with the infinite watering this evening ?

Yes, quite heavy showery rain here. Rather unexpected but no watering needed tonight. Grass still brown though.!

Temp has dropped around 5 to 6 degrees since tea time. Now 17.4 from a high in late afternoon of 23.2C

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 3
27 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Temp has dropped around 5 to 6 degrees since tea time.

Maybe not such a sharp drop up the road here, after a high of 25C this afternoon, but still noticeable.  Only a few spits and spots of rain so far and feeling muggy.

Indoors it remains very warm and doggie is sleeping on the kitchen tiles this evening in preference to her usual bed.