Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Literally my second worst weather type today An easterly that delivers the slate grey of early schooling and little else other than boring wind chill. Happy tho that those that missed out daan sa

It's been a peculiar and memorable day of weather ?

View east. Angry sky.   Various animal tracks. Mainly rabbits?   View down the Tweed.   Mr Red Robin. Fearless.   Finally, the boy cat s

Posted Images

Reading about adders and humans coming into contact with each other much more than usual. Peebleshire News reporting a house invasion! 

44 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Reading about adders and humans coming into contact with each other much more than usual. Peebleshire News reporting a house invasion! 

Yes, an acquaintance who lives in Glen Esk told me recently that he had found a "nest" of adders, presumably hatchlings, in the stone dyke which bounds his garden.

A pleasant 23C in the Finzean area this morning with hazy sunshine.

Edited by ciel
  • Like 2

A balmy, Breezy afternoon. Best day of the week sun wise that's for sure.

Scott125 no rain around Glasgow from what I seen. Was further east (Just missed the rain here in Cumbernauld by a hair's breath) you could see the dark clouds to the east and the breeze really got up at one point

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, NUT said:

A balmy, Breezy afternoon. Best day of the week sun wise that's for sure.

Scott125 no rain around Glasgow from what I seen. Was further east (Just missed the rain here in Cumbernauld by a hair's breath) you could see the dark clouds to the east and the breeze really got up at one point

It has been a hit or miss week in regard to rainfall.

I was working in Blairgowrie last Thursday and travelled through, mainly drizzle, but also heavy downpours around Meigle/Alyth, which rain seems to have totally missed my home location and the coastal Dundee, area!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, mardatha said:

NL, what are AD plants?

AD stands for anaerobic digester which is basically a large mechanical cows rumen (stomach) which takes plant material and releases the energy in it for heat or electricity.Around eight thousand acres of crops and grass is used in my area to feed two of these plants. There are large subsidies, grants and tax relief available to wealthy investors who build them They have  upset the local farming balance for straw and feed as the whole plant is used in the process. I suspect government officials at the local farming shows in the next month will get their ears bent.

• Like 2

Another perfect weather day.  A lot of hazy sunshine and very warm.

At the Echt Show they were commenting that it was 25C and it felt that, thank goodness for a cooling breeze - big attendance at the show as well, weather bringing the punters out in force.  All talk about the drought though, hopefully there will be some useful rain in the coming days.

• Like 1

Rain just started here and whole family is at the door watching it fall.  Who would have thought in Scotland we would ever feel the need to do that lol. 

• Like 4

Still pleasantly mild here, breezy, temp around 21C... but with Ci overhead, a bank of Cu underneath and out to the west, not sure how the day will pan out. I suspect I'm on the edge of the front.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Norrance said:

Very sticky. Mostly cloudy at 22.5C currently.

24c at Leuchars with a dew point of 15c. 23c at Dundee Riverside with a dew point of 17c. We don’t often get dew points above 15c.

• Like 2

That is 1 thing I will say. Despite the rain (it's not pouring) it is incredibly muggy. Be much better when this front clears through

• Like 1
22 hours ago, NUT said:

That is 1 thing I will say. Despite the rain (it's not pouring) it is incredibly muggy. Be much better when this front clears through

Yeah , noticed that , no good when your walking to work as im sweating when i start . Rain yesterday was first in a month ive experienced at home and first since 26th June when i had rain on holiday. 

• Like 3

The whole weekend was warm and humid here.  Got over 25C on Sunday albeit plenty of cloud around.  Breakfast in the garden and sitting outside beyond 10pm both possible!  

A bit of welcome today.

• Like 3

Wet morning, sunny afternoon in Leith. First day to work in two weeks, and boy, the Pentlands aren't half brown. Nearly orange!

• Like 3

Still on the muggy side here also. Currently 19.7 and sunny from a max of 22.6C this afternoon. 

I can’t remember a spell where the forecasts have so consistently underestimated the max temperature as currently.

• Like 2