Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

23.0C at noon. #scorchio!

Watch out, a Yellow Warning for Ice on Tuesday:

image.thumb.png.9c075038a25756232158e682c46c40f9.png

1 minute ago, Ross B said:

Glasgow Airport is already at 27c 😮 I'm heading to London today and will need to brave the tube unfortunately! 

Hopefully still hot in Glasgow tomorrow when I'm back, although unlikely to be as hot as today!

31C or even 32C looks pretty possible at Glasgow, although the automated forecast on the Met-O website is showing thunderstorms later??

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

Watch out, a Yellow Warning for Ice on Tuesday:

image.thumb.png.9c075038a25756232158e682c46c40f9.png

That's taps aff weather for them. 🤣

1 minute ago, CatchMyDrift said:

31C or even 32C looks pretty possible at Glasgow, although the automated forecast on the Met-O website is showing thunderstorms later??

Convective weather issued a forecast for an outside chance of storms for a small area of Scotland.  Glasgow wasn't included in that but certainly a chance going by the meto forecast plus the BBC weather map earlier which showed a few! 

15 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Glasgow Airport is already at 27c 😮 I'm heading to London today and will need to brave the tube unfortunately! 

Hopefully still hot in Glasgow tomorrow when I'm back, although unlikely to be as hot as today!

Usually 27C would be the warmest high of a normal year in Glasgow. 27C being recorded before noon with at least another 3-6 hours before the warmest part of the day suggests we're in for something special. Now 28C and still 6C higher than this time yesterday.

Edited by A Winter's Tale

Cumbernauld at 29 already apparently I don't know how official that is but it's hot!!!!!!! Hell of a lot hotter than yesterday was that's for sure and still got a few hours to go too

21 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

32.3 at Auchtermuchty at 12.43pm, surely will break the record of 32.8 in the next couple of hours?..

https://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/now_and_next.asp?zipcode=Auchtermuchty

Now 32.9C. If that's an official station then we are looking at a new record highest temperature for Scotland.

23 minutes ago, A Winter's Tale said:

Now 32.9C. If that's an official station then we are looking at a new record highest temperature for Scotland.

33.4c

Currently 27.4C and has been for last half hour.  A breeze picking up which I suspect will stop things getting much hotter.

Oh, and just discovered the kids had left the jar of hazelnut spread in the sun - now completely liquid!

4 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

33.4c

Well whether that's an official station or not that's a sensational temperature for Scotland before 2pm in June. It could get higher over the next few hours, 35C not out of the question.

Now 29C at Glasgow airport.

31 minutes ago, A Winter's Tale said:

It’s not a regulated site so may not be accurate.

We got up to 26.6C here around 1pm but have dropped a degree since as a slight breeze has developed. Still pretty hot for being relatively close to the sea.

Aboyne at 29.2C with Glasgow airport  and Inverness 29C. Belfast also 29C and Aviemore 28.5C.

Just now, CatchMyDrift said:

272709664_Screenshot_20180628-140349_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.20304edaf65d950066be49b0c8547f20.jpg

Not sure if it's rounded up?

It probably is rounded up though I'm sure we'll be looking at Glasgow airport rounding down to 30C or up to 31C in the next few hours. 

9 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

272709664_Screenshot_20180628-140349_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.20304edaf65d950066be49b0c8547f20.jpg

Not sure if it's rounded up?

Strathallan now also showing 30C.

55 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

That's the guy who comes on here, it's in his back garden or yard bit :)

Local weather station 5 mins from here reporting 31.2c and still rising.

D5175E33-509A-479A-ADFE-8B661CF99F6B.thumb.jpeg.af3044f5bb54bf9ef9b4db368b82cdbb.jpeg

It is really uncomfortable going outside, even the kids are back indoors to get a break from it. I am not complaining though, amazing to see this kind of heat in Scotland 😎

31C at Glasgow airport. Equals 4th August 1975 for joint warmest temperature since records began in 1973.

30.3C here now.  Properly hot! 

2 minutes ago, A Winter's Tale said:

31C at Glasgow airport. Equals 4th August 1975 for joint warmest temperature since records began in 1973.

It is reporting as 88f which is 31.11C :)

How did Aviemore manage the top temp yesterday? I thought it would have been much cooler up there, what is the science behind this? Thanks in advance!