Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

High of 29.2C in Aboyne and it was probably not too far off that here. Car thermometer was showing 26C in Aboyne at 7pm as I took a run down the hill to the co-op for milk, 24C at the house on the way back. Great weather but no use when I'm trying to sort out the garden, and the plants I've put in recently are getting watered daily at a minimum. 

After a grey start with fog/low cloud this morning, turned into an absolute scorcher of a day. Max of 26.5C - warmest day of the year so far. Tomorrow looks like it will top that. Would be great if somewhere in Scotland can beat the all time record. 

Another notably dry spell developing, too, by the looks of things. 

A perfect evening for a balloon flight over sunny Perthshire. 

IMG_20180627_1949244~2.jpg

Edited by Polar Gael

Got up to 21.9C but was noticeably cooler when I was in Monifieth this afternoon with haar visible out at sea. Some haar made its way up the river this evening but still clear here. 

Glasgow Airport for 31.7C today? That's my guess :)

OK, I've got my moaning face on!😟 It's waaaaay too hot up here, so I dread to think what it was like in Aviemore yesterday! Tuesday night temp was down to 9c, yesterday's high was 27.1c. I melts I does! I managed to get in and out of Portree yesterday before I got really sweaty and stayed indoors the rest of the day. Just as well there's some interesting sport on the telly. What, you didnae think I meant fitba did ye? Nah, I've been a fan of tennis since I first clapped eyes on Bjorn Borg waaaaay back in the seventies! 🎾🍺

9 hours ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Hi there..

🙃

LOL. Must admit that while a NE/E'ie, I did in retrospect realise how that might have been read as the urban dictionary version rather than the standard oven related one. 🙂

EDIT and oh, I suppose intentionally exploring boggy ground on a hot Scots summer evening is the behaviour of a prize idiot so...

Edited by scottish skier

8 hours ago, Norrance said:

Got up to 21.9C but was noticeably cooler when I was in Monifieth this afternoon with haar visible out at sea. Some haar made its way up the river this evening but still clear here. 

I’m going to move next door to you! 😁

Looks like we may get some respite from the haar today, as we already have bright sunshine out there. I’d imagine temperatures will beat yesterday’s maxes by 8 or 9am! Unfortunately it seems like the haar may return more widely tomorrow.

2 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Glasgow Airport for 31.7C today? That's my guess :)

Now that’s what I call a prediction! Going to be an interesting day of temperature watching!

At 18.9C at 9 o'clock in the morning and wall to wall sunshine, today is going to be special.

Am going for the all time June high (set just along the road from us at Ochtertyre: 32.2C) to fall today and just short of the all time record. 32.5C somewhere.

Enjoy it, kilters! 

PS: who mentioned 1976..? 

Absolutely roasty toasty here already, I feel as though I am waking up to a holiday in Greece. My thermometer is showing 22c and is rising quickly 😎

Killers, wee bit advice please? My weather station outside receiver is mounted on the top right hand corner of the north facing shed wall. Is it too high or totally in the wrong place? It recorded 30.9 yesterday and I don't think that was accurate! 

Would like to try and get an accurate reading today.

image.jpeg

As predicted we've already surpassed yesterday's max (15.7c) at 0900. Currently 19c in Leuchars. Would expect the temperature to rise until 1100 or 1200 then be pegged back by the sea breeze.

Another warm sunny start to the day at 16c. Scarifying neeps late last night when it got cooler and there is still some moisture in the ground and the late germinating 20% are growing well. All the memories of 75/76 are flooding back. Physical work very early am and late evening and tractor work during the height of the day but without the benefit of air con in those days.

Already 22C here, don't recall that high a temperature this early in the day before.

If the sea breeze stays away, this is going to be a memorably hot day.

37 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Killers, wee bit advice please? My weather station outside receiver is mounted on the top right hand corner of the north facing shed wall. Is it too high or totally in the wrong place? It recorded 30.9 yesterday and I don't think that was accurate! 

Would like to try and get an accurate reading today.

image.jpeg

The shed would probably heat up a bit. Unfortunately to have Met O type accuracy you would need a proper double thickness Stevenson screen above open ground. 

I have the same problem as my screen is now broken. Have placed my station in the shade but not on a wall. It seems fairly accurate as there is a reporting station not far from me that has very similar mins and maxes.

edit. If I recall correctly there is advice in the weather guides part of this forum.

Edited by Norrance

There are some hugely impressive temperatures across Scotland:

658266344_Screenshot_20180628-101359_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.884acdb4d50e20912cb38ce83d0ab089.jpg

Current fromNW. Aboyne is 25.8C and Aviemore 25.3C

21 minutes ago, Quinach said:

Already 22C here,

Same here, and rising,Q. It was 20C around 08.30 when I took doggie to the vet at Laurencekirk. Having said that, the Haar was hovering quite close-by, just to the north and east.

1 hour ago, Stormeh said:

Absolutely roasty toasty here already, I feel as though I am waking up to a holiday in Greece. My thermometer is showing 22c and is rising quickly 😎

Funnily enough im just back from Greece , was 17c and heavy rain when i left . First day day 29c ! I kid you not 

Aviemore reporting 28.1C already, Glasgow Airport @ 25C

Glasgow airport is already 6 degrees warmer than this time yesterday. Today is going to be absolutely incredible. How high will it go and how many Scottish stations will reach 30C?

Just dropping in from Brum. Glad to see you not missing out for a change. Looks like a very hot one up there. Only 27 max here today for us lot😎😎

26c here now Far to hot for me.   I really am a snow loving person!!!! Going to row up some hay this  afternoon in an air conditioned tractor set at  5c Ho  Ho Ho !

Just a grumpy old farmer today.

Glasgow Airport is already at 27c 😮 I'm heading to London today and will need to brave the tube unfortunately! 

Hopefully still hot in Glasgow tomorrow when I'm back, although unlikely to be as hot as today!