Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

Well well Easter and we have dusting this morning at 0c. A few photos .

No gardening this morning.20180402_055316.thumb.jpg.21983f2a9d1dcd2419e88c5c2f9ed790.jpg

Another flurry fifteen minutes ago.20180402_061547.thumb.jpg.1691f934418c15a5ed2997b6cfea5e50.jpg

First time for a while we still have some neeps to lift in April but cows appreciate getting out every day for a fresh row.20180402_055606.thumb.jpg.3f963f8a0dd38daad742850564052838.jpg

A North Easterly  drift off the Firth and we get  snow  showers funnelled into us. Pity it took till spring to happen. There must be masses more fresh powder for the skiers today.Must be turning into one of the best ever Easters for all the ski resorts here in Scotland

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 8
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Literally my second worst weather type today An easterly that delivers the slate grey of early schooling and little else other than boring wind chill. Happy tho that those that missed out daan sa

It's been a peculiar and memorable day of weather ?

View east. Angry sky.   Various animal tracks. Mainly rabbits?   View down the Tweed.   Mr Red Robin. Fearless.   Finally, the boy cat s

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mardatha said:

Wow - lookat the met office radar! Incoming something :shok:  - seems to be sat on me from 1pm today until tomorrow morning.

Looks like a good few cms for Scotland ( South ) today - maybe up to 2-4 inches over >100/150 M

• Like 4

Looks like a Christmas card scene from my dining room window this morning, everything is covered white and looks like more to come later and tomorrow.

Graupel falling here, but covered everything white. Just watched Carol on BBC, and looks like we could be in for a whole day of Snaw, and here is me planning on heading to Ayr and back today.

• Like 2

-7.2c yesterday morn saw April continue with the cold theme, a really beautiful spring day after. Watched some seals playing near Oban, snowy hills and a crisp blue backdrop everywhere you drove

White this morning after some overnight showers. Tomorrow and Wednesday's forecast wouldn't look out of place mid-January, snow laden

• Like 3

too far north and too low down here i think..... still its chilly out there so i will arranging indoor activities for the kids today me thinks 

• Like 2

Surely the Met Office forecast is wrong. Going against every other weather service and predicting light sleety drizzle in spells while the radar show a massive band of snow heading towards my location.

• Like 1

More Snow..... I’m thinking you should set up an outside Webcam for next Winter.......you seem to have had a crazy amount of falling/ lying snow days this Winter ❄️ 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, DR(S)NO said:

More Snow..... I’m thinking you should set up an outside Webcam for next Winter.......you seem to have had a crazy amount of falling/ lying snow days this Winter ❄️ 

now there is an idea. Snaw cam...

Caught the edge of a snow shower an hour or so ago, :closedeyes:, and have to say I'm thoroughly tired of woolly jumpers, woolly socks, fleeces, thermal gloves, scarfs, topping up the oil-tank etc etc etc.

Need to feel the sun's warmth on my skin now and not before time !

• Like 4

Heavy constant snow piling down here, but not piling up.  Just grass white for now.

Was hoping for my 40th snow day, but it's a couple of hours too late. Darn.

• Like 2