Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

2 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Did a good bit in the garden tidying up for autumn yesterday afternoon. Just as well as cold this morning with some sharp showers. Was up through the night again monitoring a couple of the last cows to calve and the temperature has fallen steadily to 4c just now.

Wind much stronger now at 6c with sleety showers coming in off the Firth. A real windchill today.Going to be cold one tonight.

Update hail shower on just now.Always feel that hail cools the air and ground for settling snow to follow.We  may even see a flake at the end of this shower. Now 4.5c

Settling snow level down to 1500 feet on the Cawdor hills.

Frozen windscreen this morning and a fantastic clear and sunny day. Very pleasant change from the constant dreichness of recent days. 

Some nice sunny days ahead by the looks of it together with some chilly nights which will be perfect for trying out the new woodburner.

4 hours ago, More Snow said:

A place called pendeen.. just down from St Ives... yes the summer was a good one but he head back home to Scotland in 5 weeks time. It will be nice to be back home and continue the hunt for Snaw.

Pendeen, proper Cornwall then, none of this north Cornwall close to (whisper) Devon rubbish.

Commuting between Cornwall and Scotland you'll have to make sure you don't get the lingo mixed up. No "Och Aye, me ansum, gis a haggis pasty".

We're heading down for Christmas so for once I'll be hoping for a mild December to avoid travel problems.

Anyone else on lamp-post / backdoor light duty tonight?

And where's Hawsey when he's needed?

Still just vaguely wintry showers here. I have 70m elevation near Wick tonight  so better than at home!

1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Anyone else on lamp-post / backdoor light duty tonight? 

Nope, other than the fact I'm at my parents near Glasgow, I've realised a major flaw with our new house. There's not a lampost for miles around and it's therefore pitch black outside. The light at our font door has a sensor and no override so is useless for snow watching. The garage flood can be overridden but isn't in an ideal position. The two out the back are about as bright as black holes and need changed. 

Today though it was 2C and sleeting as I left for work, heavy hail on the way home at 2pm, and definitely wet snow at around 3pm once I was back home. Heading down towards the central belt we headed over the B974 to avoid Aberdeen and it was 0C, snowing (and lying lightly) at Cairn O Mount at around 4pm. 

More Snow - I've got an online pal in Cornwall who has hardly ever seen snaw. You should've stayed there for the winter to let her see some more!

Edited by mardatha

1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

And where's Hawsey when he's needed?

Is October too early to mention his wet baws?

Cold windy and more snow showers on the radar heading my way although the Firth may turn them to sleet.Currently 3.5c

A wee covering of the white stuff when we left the hoose earlier this evening after showers from a biting cold wind, forecast  looks promising for more through the night ❄️

Ooooh there's a dusting of snow on the hills here.

Blue sky, above at the mo, rain spattered windows and doggie is reluctant to venture out as am I. 😮

Black isle has a dusting but nothing here at 1.5c and bright. Snow dwon to 600 feet just the west of us and Cawdor hills completely white. Lots of snow covered high ground to the north across the Firth.. Camera on the blink so sorry no photos.

Beautiful day! Blue sky, sun and a slight breeze. Serious error of clothing judgement though! At the boys football, standing around and it's absolutely :cold:

Monster hail shower here has left everything covered.. wish I was back up with you lot already as I would be out in 4x4 searching for my Snaw 

101_North I've got the same, bright lovely sun, blue sky, and bloody baltic 😎

Snap.

Very dry with the negative dew.

Just out of interest does anybody know of a good pub to go to for food with kids for when we move back up to Crieff in 5 weeks??

Sleet pellet-snow, cold wind. Not forecast - love it. Dew point back up now though 2.2/1°C.

See the A939 Cockbridge to Tomintoul is blocked due to snow on the traffic information sign at Nairn  tonight. Quite surreal reading it   Will it appear every month till May now?    Currently clear and 5c

Was in edinburgh today for a event. While it started clear and beautiful as soon as it was finished saw some very dark clouds at haymarket thought we gonna get clobbered but no only a light burst of rain in the end. Was not half cold though