Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Flurries on and off here in Broughty Ferry. Very Toronto-like weather. ‘Flurries’ aren’t really part of the forecasting vocabulary in this country but are a mainstay of Canadian winter forecasts.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Snowing steadily here and has been for a wee while, light covering on the ground. Lorenzo I don't understand you post at all lol - are you saying that we're gonny have a rotten summer? Will I just get the knitting back oot and keep the cardi on?
And we looked out of the kitchen window to the coalhouse where hubby feeds the birds on Sainsbugs digestives - to see a big fat fatty sitting there stuffing his face. Husband screamed, cat fainted, and I chased the rat. Sigh.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Radar looks like all of east/central Scotland is generally under the same kind of very-light precipitation, certainly a few flakes blowing about in the wind here. But there's bigger blobs out in the North Sea so maybe we'll just have to wait a bit for the convection machine to get going. Semi-optimistic :-)

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Live from Bo'ness leisure centre (kids swimming lessons though why on earth I agreed to 9.00 start on a Saturday I'll never know) and a few flakes fluttering down outside. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Inner Moray Firth snowshield still fully functional this week. The snow god really has it in for us this month. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
39 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Flurries on and off here in Broughty Ferry. Very Toronto-like weather. ‘Flurries’ aren’t really part of the forecasting vocabulary in this country but are a mainstay of Canadian winter forecasts.

Same here. Just a light covering with the wind having blown some into drifts of up to a cm in places?

• Like 4

Posted
17 minutes ago, LeithRayOfSunshine said:

Radar looks like all of east/central Scotland is generally under the same kind of very-light precipitation, certainly a few flakes blowing about in the wind here. But there's bigger blobs out in the North Sea so maybe we'll just have to wait a bit for the convection machine to get going. Semi-optimistic :-)

Another bitterly cold trip to tynecastle looming for me today. If I could only be guaranteed free flowing attacking football to keep me warm, but I sadly doubt it.:nonono:

Posted
3 minutes ago, Polar Side said:

Another bitterly cold trip to tynecastle looming for me today. If I could only be guaranteed free flowing attacking football to keep me warm, but I sadly doubt it.:nonono:

Don't get me started. The club and the players have given up for this season (again), so I'm reciprocating in kind. Be doing well to hold onto top-six at this rate. Rugby not really my game but opted to meet some pals in a pub this afternoon and watch Scotland and then Ireland out of that bloody cold !

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, LeithRayOfSunshine said:

Don't get me started. The club and the players have given up for this season (again), so I'm reciprocating in kind. Be doing well to hold onto top-six at this rate. Rugby not really my game but opted to meet some pals in a pub this afternoon and watch Scotland and then Ireland out of that bloody cold !

Yeah it's not great at the moment, another rebuild of the squad in the summer to come.

A warm pub sounds good, enjoy !

• Like 1

Posted

I wonder if something brewing, or just covering all bases, but just drop son off at work, and 2 ploughs parked up at Castlecary arches, north and southbound, and passed 2 on side roads.

Snaw falling, but think it must be @More Snow few flakes making it down here in the wind.

• Like 1

Posted

Decent proper snow shower on here just now, blowing about the streets like a scene from a cold-war film. 

• Like 3

@Cheggers your welcome but don't forget to share them on :rofl: just had a few really heavy showers come thru and cover everything in white. might go check out the radar for a bit.

Posted
2 minutes ago, More Snow said:

@Cheggers your welcome but don't forget to share them on :rofl: just had a few really heavy showers come thru and cover everything in white. might go check out the radar for a bit.

That wind doing a good job of sending it west ? 

Posted

Morning. Much the same in my neck of the woods. Light to moderate snow, grass nearly white. Cats spectacularly unimpressed. Heating racked-up so my tomato seeds germinate, and getting ready to go out to the local model rail exhibition! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Still light but steady, blowing a lot in that wind and gradually turning everything nice and white :)

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Heaviest shower of the morning here now. Car reading -1c. Wind chill is brutal!

Sounds about right, even allowing for variation these home observation stations are showing how cold it is city wide, and that strong east-wind is a killer. Airport is reporting a windchill -of -6c.

Screenshot from 2018-03-17 10-06-43.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
14 minutes ago, More Snow said:

Excuse me... Don't go diverting the snow southwards....:girl_devil:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Heavy horizontal snow shower currently in Helensburgh..... don’t imagine it’ll last long but gives an indication of just how brisk that wind is.... brrr

• Like 4