Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Merry Christmas all, have a great day! 

I am looking forward to seeing the snaw pictures as we head through January :cold-emoji::oldgrin:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Was minus 1 earlier - now it's 8C. Was sunny for a wee while but gone all dull again. I bloody hate xmas Is it too early to eat the trifle?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
28 minutes ago, mardatha said:

Was minus 1 earlier - now it's 8C. Was sunny for a wee while but gone all dull again. I bloody hate xmas Is it too early to eat the trifle?

Never too early for trifle, especially if it's loaded! A Merry Xmas can be had more than one way...

• Like 1

Posted

A big turnround calm and -2c this time last night now this evening its 12c aand breezy.All the walls in the steading are sweating with water dripping off them.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....
21 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Merry Xmas! Santa please deliver this to us despite it being way way way out in FI. We'll start being good...soon.

2512gfs.jpg

Wowsers! That's a thing of beauty that is! This morning has heralded the start of yet another murky, dreich day. Temp is currently 11.2c and I'm not happy about that! The only upside to this weather is that I don't need to switch the central heating back on!

Himself is currently cooking up some peasant mess of yesterday's left over veggies for his brekkie. It stinks. He's added onions and garlic and the whole house stinks of it. Pardon me while I boak. Whit kind o' daftie has fried onions and garlic for breakfast? I'm good 'cos I've just had a bowl of cereal. Aye, ok so I'm eyeing up the leftover cranachan. Best get in first afore some greedy toerag gets there first! 

Rumour has it that we're off out to the local hotel later on ( currently closed for the season but open to select village dafties and loyal staff only! ) Polite conversation and time for gentle reflection will be the order of the day and no doubt the joyful singing of hymns around the Christmas tree. 

Sarcastic? Who me? Enjoy your mild and murky Boxing Day peeps!☕

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Merry Christmas tae a' Hope everyone had a great day!

Was hoping for a frosty, sunny week but the withur is just bland boring keech.

Big Innes

• Like 4

Posted

Spring like T shirt weather this morning with a soft SW wind at 13c while feeding and bedding the cattle. Spring bulbs now racing ahead and grass fields looking very green.

For coldies I have to say  that over the decades  since the sixties Christmas was nearly always green with New Year much more likely to be white

• Like 1

Posted

A grey, still day but very mild with a max of 12C - even now its still 8.5C outside. 

Pavements etc are soaking wet through condensation forming on their colder surfaces.  That will disappear over the coming day or so once they reach the same temperature as the air. 

Some parts of nature already seem to think winter is over - Clematis in the garden have burst back into growth and saw some Blue Tit's investigating our nest boxes today, don't usually see that happening until March.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! 

Weather wise this has to been one of the most boring Winter months of all time and it is looking pretty dismal to the end of the month and beyond.

Hopefully by mid January we start to see something snowy on the horizon! 

This picture was taken on 29/12/2017...take me back to that glorious Winter and early Spring 2018!

Have a good day and fantastic New Year! :drunk-emoji:

47F4865D-6A20-459B-B9A7-AD6215A48C1E.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

T-shirt weather down here in Cornwall 

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0061.JPG

• Like 9

Posted

Merry Xmas folks.   Hope you all had a good one.   Had a fantastic day trip to visit Santa in Lapland last week.   Although not huge amounts of snow ,  certainly enough for a festive scene.     It got down to -31 by the river so had to make a few journeys in doors to try to keep warm.

Kids loved it though.   

Seems that we will have to wait until mid January before we get a chance of any real cold to these shores.   

• Like 4

Posted

Another fine day still shirt sleeve weather and unusually we are able to work in boots or old shoes instead of the usual wellies at the cattle most unusual for mid winter when the mud is usually clinging to your feet. Instead between Inverness and Elgin we have dry dusty fields. 2018 has really been an extreme year weatherwise.

• Like 4

Posted

Lovely sunny spring day....

Very light winds and unbroken sunshine, with some mist hanging on in shaded areas shaded from the sunshine.

Incredibly mild once again, up to 12.5C going by the car thermometer when in Stonehaven.

Stonehaven beach was heaving with people this afternoon and the ice-cream shop was doing a roaring trade.  With the mild temperatures it really felt like spring or autumn.  Bit surreal really, only the low angle of the sun reminding you that it's still early winter!

View north-east from the Stonehaven Links....

Snag_166eb2d.thumb.png.d94dec26661a433a74b671b2ff0d630d.png

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

I remember a couple of years back we were stuck in a high pressure weather rut just like this for what seemed like weeks it took some shifting the temperature didn’t vary much between day and night...horrible boring dull grey mild weather.

I was in Bristol today it felt positively spring like not winter at all.

Back in 2009 / 2010 the wonderful snow fest we had then was forecast about a month previously by a guy named Joe Bastardi he worked for Accuweather at the time and did a weekly European forecast vlog which was always interesting listening, he is now working for Weatherbell in the US and does a Saturday summary which I check out often to see what the US forecasters are saying v’s our lot over here...last weeks vlog was quite interesting.

Check it out here - https://www.weatherbell.com/

Posted

Other than the very cold monday what a craptacular week of weather it's been need a boot from the atlantic to get things going again but don't seem like that going to happen much anytime soon

• Like 1

Posted

8.5C - at 01:40am!  Cloudy and calm. YAWN. Spending more time googling venison recipes than on this forum, which is not good. I mean the forum is good but not... oh you know what I mean.

• Like 3

Posted

The best that can be said about the weather is 'at least it's dry'! 8c at 8am but looking settled and sunny today as the kids need exercised!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Warm and sunny. Reached double figures for the first time this month.

• Like 1

Posted

Have to admit surprised me today looked set for another cloudy day been a nice afternoon actually and Could be the same tomorrow too 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, NUT said:

Have to admit surprised me today looked set for another cloudy day been a nice afternoon actually and Could be the same tomorrow too 

Same here. Mostly sunny with a cloudy spell early afternoon. Could be left trouser legging down!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

The weather has been really boring recently and looks set to continue for a while yet. I really thought the charts would be showing chances of a decent cold spell but looking at the GFS it looks like it’s going to continue with the boring mild and damp rubbish. Still plenty of time left and I remain positive as we head towards the end of January  

• Like 2

Posted