Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Sun trying to break through the clouds here IMG_0121.thumb.JPG.a39b8d90493240ee634ca267105e51bc.JPG

current conditions temp 6.6 C min temp 1.7 C at 09.40 am pressure 1017.31 hPa Rising  

looks like a frosty one tonight / tomorrow morning 

nmmuk-0-27-0.thumb.png.95a4208205b812c9e8a6eeb6d976f72b.pngnmmuk-32-24-0.thumb.png.65dd75b246739964deba3bdcdef1c022.png 

some places may struggle to get above 0 C tomorrow before the frost returns as we head into Christmas Day morning (nice and festive)  :santa-emoji: should have some frost to land his sleigh on might be a bit nippy for the :reindeer-emoji:'s by the time :santa-emoji: has had his /  / and 's / mince , hopefully the 's will help warm up the :reindeer-emoji:'s

tempresult_xmd8.thumb.gif.5909b5d2ac9c71b8b9187a1c349ac32f.gif 

nmmuk-32-48-0.thumb.png.25b4ed064eeebc5c9d1630c4308d02d5.png 

might be some cloud moving from west > east across the country during Christmas day courtesy of a front coming in from the Atlantic (dont think there will be much if any rain associated with the front, perhaps some spits and spots in a few unlucky places where the cloud is thickest)

tempresult_oeh0.thumb.gif.1c623bbf98125361cdf5457e5875f1fa.gif

fax48s.thumb.gif.1aad9baefffd8503f5d63a3fc2ab20ab.giffax60s.thumb.gif.867c24ddda9a4a7fcb4817686a5c86d2.gif 

95e7451713573cbf93984f229a7b6758.thumb.jpg.6d79bcc73467d93abf39e56318af56c0.jpg 

and then the possibility of some snowy fun and games during January (as i mentioned in the hunt for cold thread my date to look out for is the 8th January onward)   ❄️

graphe3_1000___-1.82638_52.68338_.thumb.gif.38c1e20e04adfc61ae2672df6a712187.gifgraphe3_1001___-1.82638_52.68338_.thumb.gif.66dcb06a3a7443b627e13d7731d407ec.gif 

• Like 4

Posted

Somewhat hilariously the met office just issued a warning for fog, just as the fog which has been here since about 10pm last night lifted

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
5 hours ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

It’s all doom and gloom in the model pages again,,the toys are about to leave the pram. 

The cold will arrive at some point this winter they need patience 

I hope you're right!

Tedious day of cloud, no wind and barely any temp range, 3C to 6C all day. Yawns, scratches balls and rolls over.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Drizzly, grey and weirdly warm down here in Cornwall. 11/12 degrees today, not used to this anymore. Hubby sulking as he's missing his crisp Scottish weather (oh and he was also forced to go to a pantomime this evening). 

Posted

Cold with a hard frost and a temp around -3c. Airport is -4c. Very seasonal :cold-emoji:

Wishing everyone on here a fantastic Christmas

Posted

3c here too this morning, calm and with patchy cloud. Still great weather for working outside.

As far as the farm is concerned the weather and the politicians will probably  be our  biggest challenges next year.  This probably applies to nearly all buisnesses!

Wishing everyone on here a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Yawns, scratches balls and rolls over HC?  ........      Gawd....You've just put me off my breakfast!

Anyhoo, morning all.

Lovely crisp morning here and everything covered in frost.  :reindeer-emoji:

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....
9 hours ago, snowidea said:

Drizzly, grey and weirdly warm down here in Cornwall. 11/12 degrees today, not used to this anymore. Hubby sulking as he's missing his crisp Scottish weather (oh and he was also forced to go to a pantomime this evening). 

And it truly is a crisp fresh morning in Auld Scotia! Temp was down to 0.9c at 8.30 but has now shot up to the heady heights of 1.3c. All change tomorrow when it will be milder and cloudier but at least no rain! 

I've just had a wee peep in the model thread, boy, is there some major sulking going on there! Some people truly do need to get a life, it's only weather! 

Anyhoo, hope you all have a great Christmas!:drunk::lazy::ball-santa-emoji::santa-emoji:

• Like 4

Posted

-6C on the drive in today in on the A701. Fog in the valleys and sunrise good enough for a master water colour.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Gorgeous Winters morning here. Everything white with frost. Temp now -0.5C.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Bright and sunny here too, with just a little high cloud. Heavy frost on the cars first thing and still hanging around on the grass in the shade. Around 12pm it was 2/3C in Alford, only 1C here further up the hill. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Happy Christmas :santa-emoji:, Happy Hogmanay :drunk:  and best wishes for a happy, healthy 2019 to all the delightful members in my former thread.  Miss being a part of this friendly group. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Been below freezing all day here, everything nice and white and Christmassy. Both sons been and gone, daughter in Alicante hiding from her kids, so that's us left in peace.

• Like 1

Posted

Fine sunny day with frost lying in shade. Just talking to Aurora Storm about winters of old and how snow days for kids and teachers have become rarer. I remember in the sixties and seventies there was always at least one snow day  a winter with on occasion several  more days but in the last twenty years it has fallen to a day every four or five years so our winters are becoming more benign. Currently 1c

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely sunny day, barely above freezing here and a max of 6C down at Stonehaven (AWPR = wow!).

Perfect Xmas day really, just enough frost to whiten up everything but no snow to make travelling a more onerous activity than it already is at this time of year.

Right time to indulge in proper mincepies made with puff pastry - what's this nonsense of using shortcrust pastry all the time :santa-emoji:

Posted

Cold and clear today, looks like the only one for the 'festive' (brexive? will next year be Brexmassy and totally crap?) period. This anyway 387306210_larchlight.thumb.jpg.537a3fdcdf08b5718c37b13bbbe25c2a.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
4 hours ago, mardatha said:

Been below freezing all day here, everything nice and white and Christmassy. Both sons been and gone, daughter in Alicante hiding from her kids, so that's us left in peace.

Just scraped an ice day here too. A max of -0.1C at lunchtime so first ice day of the year assuming no unexpected sudden rise this evening.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Fine sunny day with frost lying in shade. Just talking to Aurora Storm about winters of old and how snow days for kids and teachers have become rarer. I remember in the sixties and seventies there was always at least one snow day  a winter with on occasion several  more days but in the last twenty years it has fallen to a day every four or five years so our winters are becoming more benign. Currently 1c

It was a bit different for me in Highland Perthshire. In more recent years the school closes readily in bad weather but when I was young it always opened for those within walking distance no matter how deep the snow. The country kids however were often absent for up to a week at a time!

Edited by Norrance

Posted
3 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

The kids must be unlucky in the north of Scotland. We were all snowed in and completely cut off for five days here in March so the local schools got a week off. They also had other days where the schools shut but the weather wasn't as bad as expected, so a couple of fake snow days too.

We had no snow late February early March this year   just wind and -6c. Watched all the snow  fall on the north side of the Firth around the Golspie/Tain area.

I think its the disappearance of  strong cold N or NE winds  in winter over the decades that has  stopped providing snow days in this area. Even November/December 2010 was completely calm.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Merry Christmas from a balmy but slightly grey, St Ives. 

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

Posted

Just finished prepping tatties, sprouts, carrots and parsnips for tomorrow and its a fine starry frosty night at -2c just now so very seasonal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Well, I see Santa has brought the warm weather back with him! I guess we must have been bad after all! Kitties are knackered after shredding wrapping paper off the pressies. I have fortified myself with a quick snifter of orange and brandy liqueur, just tae keep masel going afore I get on with prepping the grub. 

The fat man in the red coat was as generous as ever. What can I say? So much chocolate, so little time! Hope you all have a Fabby Festive Fling! See you on the other side!

Posted

Joyeux Noel et Merry Brexmas tout le monde, hope Santa's been generous. (I can't wait to open that big heavy one in star wars wrapping paper, wonder if it's a new weather station??? Unlikely.)

Cloudy and 4C here. Winter's so boring when it's not cold and snowy. At least today there's an excuse to open the vino before it gets dark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Merry Xmas one and all.  :reindeer-emoji:

Xmas day started frosty here but it has rapidly disappeared, even on the cars despite them being in the shade. Bright and sunny though, for the time being at least, so quite a pleasant Xmas morning. 

A fairly quiet Xmas day for us, just myself, wife and the 3 kids (2 eldest  early 20s). Extended clan (my parents, brother & wife, nephews etc) are making the trip north tomorrow, so not too disappointed at the benign weather. It would have been nice if we'd had a white Xmas., especially for my 2yr old nephew as we could have got the sledges out in the garden. 

Right, time to start preparing the veg....