Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

and the snow's always at least a week away. seen the script last year, year before, year before that... then at some point it all comes right, and this thread goes Chernobyl. the tour's pretty good but not cheap. you get what you pay for, you get what you vote for. Interestingly blunt piece by Matthew d'ancona about Brexit today. yesterday in fact, doesn't time fly. Icy cars outside, a friend in Devon is still wearing shorts. David Attenborough reckons we're doomed, I tell you, we're all doomed. 

• Like 4

Wow what a beautiful morning it is out there, cold crisp and bright. got down to -3c over night and something has fallen from the sky at some point but i couldnt tell you what it is. anyways im about to dip back into the "hunt for cold" thread see what the early runs for today have done.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
11 hours ago, More Snow said:

Pub run comes to the party in the early time frames.. we all know whats next dont we, the ECM and UKMO will on there next runs find a shortwave (still no idea what that means) that scuppers the cold and then it will be time to duck as toys start to fly then by this time tomorrow it will all be brilliant again. 

There was a snow shower earlier this morning not far to your North in Aberfeldy at around 7AM so you may have caught something? 

Here fair and frosty. A nice Winters morning.

Posted

Coldest morning of the winter so far (ahem) at -0.5C. Feels sharp! Am I getting old? Yes. But sober.

Yay. First post, new page!

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Day started here with -4C and a sheet of ice on my car windscreen that was impregnable to both scrapers and de-icer. Higher parts of the surrounding hill looked a bit whiter than just frost would produce. 

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Drivin tae wurk this morning, everything is white wi Frost its minus 4 Deg C and it started tae fkn rain!

-4 and rain eh who'd a thunk it?

Big Innes   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Low of 0.1C here in the Lomonds, so we've still not had a subzero temperature this season. The latest I've recorded one since moving here in Summer 2010 was 6th December in 2014.

If your thinking of popping into the hunt for cold thread i would suggest full body armour. there are toys and prams flying all over the place this afternoon. Winters over so it appears..

Posted

Another wintry day with frost lasting all day in the shade .Sunny and calm Currently 1c

Hills to the north across the Firth had a covering of snow overnight down to about a thousand feet and kept it all day so the snow is heading down to us.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Another wintry day with frost lasting all day in the shade .Sunny and calm Currently 1c

Hills to the north across the Firth had a covering of snow overnight down to about a thousand feet and kept it all day so the snow is heading down to us.

We got above freezing between about 10 and 3, back down below now, just. Very wintry, today wouldn't have been out of place in February.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Frost stayed in the shade all day here too with a max of 2.2C. A lovely Winters day almost countrywide by the sound of it.

-1.9C ar 8AM this morning despite Riverside Airport just a couple of miles away apparently recording 5C at the time.  Now -0.5C.

Edited by Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

charts very decent again.... 10 days away and a cherry pick but away from coasts would hope this would maybe produce a shower or 2 

another couple of days with decent charts and we will be needing one of you knowlegable guys to do some chart interpretation for the masses Screenshot_20181204-211747_Chrome.thumb.jpg.99ca98ba30d6f6f25d11428edec78ec8.jpg

Posted

There must have been some low minima somewhere last night - it got to -1.7C here. Still just on freezing but feels like it's going to lift quicker now with a bit of cloud cover.

Posted

Impressively cold this morning, -7.1C at 7am and still -4C now (note, we are in a frost pocket). 

Everything has a lovely thin white coating of hoar frost so looking very festive.

Overcast though and probably the last of the deep frosts for the next few days.

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 1

Posted

-3c here  first thing this morning. Ground hard so easy walking. Still have concerns about a dry winter for next summer.

Posted

Aye coldest start of the season this morning at -8.3c. December has produced a couple of ice-days so far, only the snow lacking with just the odd flurry on Sunday evening to report. Currently pretty cloudy and -6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

-6C at the house this morning and lowest I saw on the commute was -7C. Looks like cloud starting to move in now, getting ready for the rain again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Sleety pish here after a decent frost.

Sleety pish actually attempting to stick on the patches of frost which remain. All kindae wet, cauld and half ersed, but wintry all the same.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Got down to 0.4C this morning, which means still haven't reached 0C this season. Assuming it happens at some point in the next few weeks it'll be the latest I've recorded 0C up here in the past decade.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Horrible cauld wet miserable-as-hell day.

Edited by mardatha

Posted
3 minutes ago, mardatha said:

orrible cauld wet miserable-as-hell day.

Ditto, and the fire alarm went off so been ootside for 45min :cold:

Edited by Cheggers

Posted

Fabulous  first ice day of the winter at -1c currently with no wind and weak winter sunshine from a clear blue sky.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 3