Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Currently a flat grey sky, cold at 4C and no appreciable wind, although the ground underfoot has dried over the past 24hrs.

Earlier today, on the dog-walk, there was a nice sky showing numerous types and layers of cloud.

1155295114_10sky.thumb.jpg.16b16857a733ccbd77fc0dd9b294a62e.jpg

@More Snow I'm sure you must be busy (and tired) after that long journey. You enthusiasm for the search of the white stuff has almost....well almost... convinced me that a good dump of snow might be a good thing to anticipate.:oldsmile:

• Like 6

Well over in the hunt for cold thread it's all champagne and nibbles after today's model runs. We are all gonna be buried under feet of Snaw even south of the M4 is in for a pasting. I'm off to the local co op to empty the shelves.❄❄❄❄

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
11 minutes ago, More Snow said:

Did you HAVE to tell all the newspapers you were moving back to Scotland? That's the only explanation for all the recent apocalyptic weather stories. Nothing in the models to suggest those kinds of extreme conditions so they must be basing them solely on your return. 

Anyway, models are looking better today, but we're all too sensible in here to get over excited, at least until it makes its way to no more than 5 days out. Almost certain they'll change again, one way or other. 

• Like 2

Posted

Fine day again bright cold calm and sunny. Tweaked back again last weekend levelling mole hills in garden.Had second visit to the remedial therapy lady today and am  fully mobile again  just in time to sort out cows and calves when they come in tomorrow.

New bull arrived this week and has been a busy boy so found him lying on cleared ground in neep field today. An indication  of how dry the ground is just now, unlike this time  last year when the fields were a sea of mud. Currently 3c

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Did you HAVE to tell all the newspapers you were moving back to Scotland? That's the only explanation for all the recent apocalyptic weather stories. Nothing in the models to suggest those kinds of extreme conditions so they must be basing them solely on your return. 

Anyway, models are looking better today, but we're all too sensible in here to get over excited, at least until it makes its way to no more than 5 days out. Almost certain they'll change again, one way or other. 

I am the David Icke of netweather the snaw god if you will...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

There was some sleety stuff lying at the top of Hillend ski centre on Friday evening. Even had some landing oan ma heid at one point.

My first 'taste' of wintry prep. Certainly makes the carpet nicer tae ski oan.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Afternoon all! Currently sat oan ma bahookey doing an indoor boot sale somewhere in Skye. It's dead. Only about a dozen tables and loads of sqealling brats. I'm probably going to be out of pocket today unless a bus trip comes in. Nae idea what the weather is doing ootbye. Weans have found the toy that makes the most noise and are currently passing it between themselves. I forsee blood if somebody disnae get a shot of it!  Got another two hours to go. Aaaww naw ..... they've found the dimmer switch and noo it's dark in here! Wish the parents would control the wee toerags! :olddoh::wallbash:

Edited by mistyqueen
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Yea MQ, been there done that! Once took in a fiver all day. Same brats too I think.

• Like 3

Posted

Day started off at -2/3C and doesn't seemed to have warmed much, probably up to the same the other side of zero. Calm, utterly calm actually, with mist hanging around in the valley. Lots of high cloud so very little sun apart from very early on. 

Mood in MOD thread swinging to and fro with every model run. 0Zs were uninspiring on the face of it, but GFS 6Z better, especially the parallel (new version that should become the main GFS soon). 

• Like 5

Posted
10 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Day started off at -2/3C and doesn't seemed to have warmed much, probably up to the same the other side of zero. Calm, utterly calm actually, with mist hanging around in the valley. Lots of high cloud so very little sun apart from very early on. 

Mood in MOD thread swinging to and fro with every model run. 0Zs were uninspiring on the face of it, but GFS 6Z better, especially the parallel (new version that should become the main GFS soon). 

A frosty start to the day, 0C at sunup and now 3C.

Yes, noticed this on journey to Aberdeen and back. I thought initially it was smoke from house chimneys or moorland burning, which did appear to contribute to the fog, but it wasn't entirely due to that. Interestingly, the temp rose to 5C with height, over, you may have guessed, The Cairn.

Aberdeen city centre was very quiet today, and so I'm somewhat relieved that the Xmas shopping has been more or less completed quickly and without too much hassle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning all! Dreich and murky up here today, improving later, so I'll be off out for a walk! Currently 5.6c but feels warmer.

Made a loss ( my first ever! ) at the boot sale yesterday. A whole pound! At least I sold a couple of things so that cleared a wee bit of space! And that'll be it until next year, probably early spring once folks have recovered from Crimbo.

Just had a peep in the model thread, much straw clutching going on in there!

Posted

Aye, similar here, bright and sunny. I've got the day off so was out splitting wood earlier.and not feeling too chilly despite it being no more than about 5C.

8 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

The models aren't offering up too much full scale winter at the moment, ten days of Atlantic nonsense to get through and then we can see where we are.

Nothing hugely interesting snow wise that's for sure, but Met have me dropping to -4C overnight and a Max of 2C tomorrow, with pretty much an identical repeat Tue night and Wed. That's going to feel wintry for a couple of days, with the chance of frost surviving in the shade. After that. well it's in the lap of the gods despite promising signs from the models.

Well a nice frosty morning here. And the day so far has been very nice indeed. Bright and sunny and max of 6c. Looks like a couple of cold days to come and possibilities for some wintry stuff. Might have to go for a walk up the hills to find settled Snaw.

Posted

A nice bright early winters day with some wintry looking showers across the Firth to the north just before sunset. Currently 3c.

Cows and calves settled in tonight inside  on a straw bed after taking them in yesterday. Calves vaccinated for pneumonia but if weather stays cold should help to prevent it after coming inside.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

I suppose the time has come to emerge from my summer hibernation. Hello all! ✋

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Models.....some of...... Throwing up some tasty charts for only 8Ish days away.....was already icy at 6.30 tonight out walking dog .... He didn't like it....turned and gave me a jog home 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It's a big showdown GFS v ECM, hit v miss. Popcorn on standby!!

Seen this movie before....rarely ends well 

• Like 2

Pub run comes to the party in the early time frames.. we all know whats next dont we, the ECM and UKMO will on there next runs find a shortwave (still no idea what that means) that scuppers the cold and then it will be time to duck as toys start to fly then by this time tomorrow it will all be brilliant again. 

Posted

Clearly not your first rodeo more snow