Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Was this storm named by the Daily Express?

Naah, that's next week...Storm Zachariah!

we leave in the morning, i cant believe im saying that, More Snaw is coming home and i cant wait to get stuck into this winter in this thread. BRING ME MY SNAW!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
8 minutes ago, More Snow said:

we leave in the morning, i cant believe im saying that, More Snaw is coming home and i cant wait to get stuck into this winter in this thread. BRING ME MY SNAW!! 

How about Ms More Snow and kids? They looking forward to Crieff?  I remember a really 541t hot curry place on the high street a few years ago....

A bit windy this evening but no more than a leaf blower really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
2 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

I can't really tell as the previous leaf blowers have blown all the leafs away so I'm leafless. I'd agree though, pretty breezy but run of the mill stuff.

Have a good, multi-part, journey @More Snow and we wait with anticipation to see if your magic snow touch holds again this year.

3 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

How about Ms More Snow and kids? They looking forward to Crieff?  I remember a really 541t hot curry place on the high street a few years ago....

OH yes they are very excited and happy to be coming back to Scotland, i will try to find a good curry place as i do love my spicy food. tomorrow is a 6 hour drive to Preston then Friday is 3 hours to Motherwell and Saturday its 54 mins to the new house, im so happy so excited.

Just now, Ravelin said:

I can't really tell as the previous leaf blowers have blown all the leafs away so I'm leafless. I'd agree though, pretty breezy but run of the mill stuff.

Have a good, multi-part, journey @More Snow and we wait with anticipation to see if your magic snow touch holds again this year.

Thanks mate. im so excited i cant bloody sleep.. im sure my snaw magic will work its will this winter and we shall all see magical days covered in snaw, especially you with your new found elevation.

Posted

Yesterday we had the very wet (and windy afternoon and first part of the night) this morning we having the very wet morning minus the wind

Posted

Typical late autumn pishy mess this morning. 

Just for @More Snow, here's a welcome home image - from last winter! Here's to some more like this...  374199532_whitexmasdream.thumb.jpg.f67d111ef2322013c5eef8567cb997c7.jpg

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Welcome back MS. Hope that Crieff gets is share of the snow this Winter. Though South facing the higher bits can catch quite a bit of snow and you are not far from places like Amulree on the high road to Aberfeldy and Dunkeld. Here is a car that thought that it get across from Kenmore to Amulree last Winter and one that tried the other way a couple of months later.

06748ECC-26EB-4A54-96C4-2336797FECD6.jpeg

19CA6CAB-75FE-45BB-A3ED-EE296D697D76.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

My postcode has snaw forecast for Wed.... was that you? Did you do that?

Just checked my new postcode and I've got Snaw forecast Tuesday night into Wednesday morning so much to do to get ready.. locate lampost etc.. Bring me my SNAW!!

Posted

Morning all, sorry been away with work, moved and everything in between. Not been a pleasant few weeks, main wet and windy, with the odd cold night. Had an interesting landing at Edinburgh on Wednesday in the stiff breeze, a few green looking passengers around me

Did I hear snaw forecast???

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
10 hours ago, Cheggers said:

Morning all, sorry been away with work, moved and everything in between. Not been a pleasant few weeks, main wet and windy, with the odd cold night. Had an interesting landing at Edinburgh on Wednesday in the stiff breeze, a few green looking passengers around me

Did I hear snaw forecast???

Oh no the drive thru no more 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
9 hours ago, More Snow said:

@Cheggers I've just arrived back in Scotland this morning ahead of a house move. What's your new location? And yes Tuesday into Wednesday Snaw is forecast...

Your only 20 miles from me..... This is excellent news for my snaw prospects

Posted
9 hours ago, More Snow said:

@Cheggers I've just arrived back in Scotland this morning ahead of a house move. What's your new location? And yes Tuesday into Wednesday Snaw is forecast...

I have moved 50m down the hill and 2 miles further West :(, and yes @edo the Maccy D drive through is closed, but our new house is 5 minutes walk from the Cotton House (Any Falkirk locals will know)

Hoping for a little snaw on and off now till December 17th, thus I can cancel my trips to Liverpool for the next 3 weeks. 

Very wet earlier again.... now cold and clear, and that biting wind has gone thankfully.

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 2

Posted

Happy winter!

Looks like the weather's turned seasonal here anyway:  http://vegasja.vegagerdin.is/eng/  There were dire warnings about 'do not travel' yesterday - today even their ring road looks a bit dodgy.

And this was Aigas golf course from early December last year. Not much sign of this happening this month so far  1969421441_Aigasgolfcourse.thumb.jpg.4f659fa94d98bdd3ec3a2fd2be71920a.jpg

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2