BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
18 hours ago, scottish skier said:

Winter alloys oan, fir whit its worth.

Gutters done tae.

Nothing else tae add really.

Cauld n' dreich. 

Could you do my gutters too? Only a slippy slopey metal roof to stand the ladder on while you dangle precariously over the assorted impalers to get the gull poop and weeds out.

Cold and a bit brighter yesterday and this morning so far.  Might get as far as pruning the fruit trees this afternoon.

@mistyqueen - bummer re the car. Hope it's a cheap fix!

• Like 1

Posted

Over the B974 around 8am this morning and unexpectedly there was lying snow on the highest section of the route, rutted and icy on the carriageway. Temp 0C and freezing fog around.

On return this afternoon, there had been a slight melt, but light snow again falling as I took this snap.

The Cairn

963717085_snowcain.thumb.jpg.12dd2747c16891d402e2b72816fcda64.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

2.5c maximum today with frost lying all day on the ground especially hard in sheltered areas. Compensation was bright sunny skies Currently 0c

• Like 1

Wow it didnt take long for the petty squabbling and doom and gloom to start over in the "hunt for cold " thread. blimey they need to calm it down a bit in there. even seen a Winters over post already. crazy i tell thee.

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, More Snow said:

Wow it didnt take long for the petty squabbling and doom and gloom to start over in the "hunt for cold " thread. blimey they need to calm it down a bit in there. even seen a Winters over post already. crazy i tell thee.

Follow your own advice and stay out of there. It will end in tears otherwise.

Cold here tonight with frost on the cars.  

Here's one of our ghost... 2113850721_ghostcat.thumb.jpg.8ab6b53facfca25ae174ae8877c87dd6.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Dreich, dam..ach you have heard it all before......       

Starting to get a wee bit concerned as am taking the wee ones on a surprise trip to Lapland to meet Santa on the 22nd Dec and there is no snow!!!!!   And very little forecast for the next couple of weeks.   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning all! Currently 3.2c here and clear skies. I can actually feel the change, we know what's coming anyhoo. 

Regards the car: Himself is oot there as I type, tinkering under the bonnet. We stopped in to see our mechanic yesterday and he gave a few hints as to what the problem might be. Failing fixture it'll have to be towed to the garage for surgery. 

More snow, it's hysterical in the model thread! I love peeping in there when I'm in need of a good laugh, and there's plenty to be had in there! Perhaps someone should be employed picking up all the toys, ok it's a very seasonal job, but really, someone could make some extra cash for their gin fund over the winter! ❄. Can I put my name forward first? Rest of you ......... form an orderly queue!

Edited by mistyqueen
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Nistyqueen, I forgot what colour a clear sky is!! Day after day after bloody day of gloom doom murk and misery. Windier and rainier today to add to the joy. Auld grumpyguts is so deep in depression that he has stopped moaning - so one good thing come oot of it!

• Like 2

Posted

Wow, a sliver of blue sky on the horizon, the first for days and days and days...

Its been that worst kind of Scottish weather for a week now, permagloom™- apart from last night when the skies cleared to leave a cold night with a minimum of -2C.

Showers of rain again this morning, these falling on frozen ground resulting in very icy conditions on the local roads. 

Now 4C and looks like getting a bit milder later in the week. 

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 2

Posted

We've got some big sleety splodges landing on the window from that front. (150m asl) Anybody with more altitude seeing some wet snow? 

Well the mad house is all doom and gloom tonight. so it appears its not going to snaw in London anytime soon so December is a bust and nothing is gonna change until at least mid January  some senior members already getting ready to dust off the pram and the toys.. you really do think they would have learnt by now, anywho its just 2 days now until the bringer of the Snaw comes back, everybody get your shovels at the ready as its gonna be one hell of a ride..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning all! We have the return of the murk up here now. Blawy with it and very mild too. Current temp 8.1c. It's been a while since we had temps that high! Going to pop into the model thread now to see who's ready to open a vein!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Yellow rain warning today from UK Met Office and Flood alerts/warnings from @ScottishEPA High tides combining with #StormDiana swell and large waves leading to  flood warnings in SW and Orkney 

2811rainnmoWeds.png

2811rainsepaWeds.png

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
On 27/11/2018 at 08:35, Gogoslo said:

Dreich, dam..ach you have heard it all before......       

Starting to get a wee bit concerned as am taking the wee ones on a surprise trip to Lapland to meet Santa on the 22nd Dec and there is no snow!!!!!   And very little forecast for the next couple of weeks.   

Going to do a round up of snow conditions in Lapland this week as first trips set off. There is a bit of snow now in some resorts. I went in 2016 it was stunning. Fingers crossed,  https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/news/9266-no-snow-in-lapland-what-will-santa-do-and-those-people-visiting-next-week 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, Jo Farrow said:

Going to do a round up of snow conditions in Lapland this week as first trips set off. There is a bit of snow now in some resorts. I went in 2016 it was stunning. Fingers crossed,  https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/news/9266-no-snow-in-lapland-what-will-santa-do-and-those-people-visiting-next-week 

Thanks Jo.  Much appreciated.   I think I will be more excited than the kids !!     What will be will be but I do hope there is a bit of snow before we go.   Fingers crossed.

Posted

I know I keep saying it but we have had another almost dry day but with some ferocious southerly gusts. Watched a tree snap in front of me this morning

Soil getting dusty on the surface again in the  milder temperatures. Cows and calves still out at least till this coming  weekend. Currently 13c and still very windy

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Was this storm named by the Daily Express?

• Like 1