Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Bit drookit for the fireworks last night - over an inch of rain yesterday. Much milder than of late, too.

Today: calmer, drier, sunnier and still fairly mild. A final tidy-up for the garden methinks. 

IMG_20181103_1903211.jpg

IMG_20181103_1903460.jpg

IMG_20181103_1904278.jpg

IMG_20181103_1904353.jpg

Edited by Polar Gael
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Cracking weather today, just right for a walk (and cycle for the kids) round the local trails.

FB_IMG_1541364203589.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Reading last years diary and at this point still had cows and calves out but very muddy and wet. This year is totaly different with dry dusty conditions at turnips giving a very clean pick up. Another windy day today making the ground even dryer. Calves playing in the field with even a small bit of fresh grass to eat and cows lying in sun this afternoon as ground so dry.  If it stays dry this winter then eastern areas of the UK are in for an interesting summer next year. Of course a change in wind direction from southerlies to northerlies would make this area wetter..Currently 8 c and dry.

• Like 4

Posted

Really strange brownish tint to the light this morning!

Weekend actually nowhere near as bad as I expected. Yesterday was a really pleasant Autumn day. Fairly mild and mostly sunny after some heavy overnight rain. Bonfire night looking mild. I'd prefer frosty but dry will do.

Enjoy it if you're doing anything tonight

• Like 2

Morning folks. Just 25 days until my return from Cornwall. It's been a wild weekend down here and mild. so mild in fact that I've turned the heating off this morning. Looking forward to the coming winter back in Scotland with you all. And trust me the next time the wife has a so called good idea I shall call the men in white coats..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

It's good to try things out and experience them for yourself MS!

Posted

Mist is starting to descend be surprised if we don't get any fog tonight 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
5 minutes ago, NUT said:

Mist is starting to descend be surprised if we don't get any fog tonight 

Yeah. Misty, moisty and murky all the way from home to Kennacraig - heading for 2 weeks of hyperoceanic autumnal bliss on Islay. Looks rather less busy at the ferry terminal than my last visit at Easter. 

• Like 2

Posted

One of those bleurgh days of autumn.

After some heavy rain first thing in the morning, rest of the day was grey and murky with light winds and reasonably mild with a maximum temperature of 10.5C - still mild out just now with a temperature of 8.5C.

Some poor farmers must be getting sick of pink-footed geese in Moray/Banff & Buchan as the skeins heading back this evening towards Montrose Basin (I think...) were again massive - a lot of hungry mouths.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning - it's almost that time of the year where us Coldies wake up and recommence posting.

Been a quick year :)  

• Like 2

Posted
10 hours ago, GraemeB said:

Morning - it's almost that time of the year where us Coldies wake up and recommence posting.

Been a quick year

Is the summer really boring then for the cold lovers ?

Not a fan of this weather , Jackets need to be taken off as soon as you step in a building !

• Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

It's been raining hard on Islay all night and shows no sign of easing... tum-te-tum, I'm supposed to be out working today!

Still lashing down - although it did pause for an hour while I was indoors - and getting windy. Is this what's called 'proper west coast weather'?

• Like 5

Posted

Same here though and I'm nowhere near the west. Pits.

• Like 1

Posted

@mardatha Yes, it was today - pits.

Had to go out briefly this afternoon - grey sky - grey hills - grey road - grey light - grey standing water - dark evening. :nonono:

Not even so much of a breeze to blow the cobwebs away.

Looking forward to the next appearance of the SUN.

• Like 1

Posted

Sun?? They have that in France I believe, and those hot exotic countries. But not the Scottish Borders !

Posted
5 hours ago, mardatha said:

Sun?? They have that in France I believe, and those hot exotic countries. But not the Scottish Borders !

LOL M.

Had an email from Eurotunnel today advising and quoting DEFRA  - you need to take your pet and pet passport to the vet four months before planning to travel to France after 31 March. :oldangry:

Needless to say, next year's main holiday is on hold.

Edit:  forgot about myself as a member of a potential outsider nation and what arrangements I may need to make. What a shambles.

Edited by ciel

Posted
14 hours ago, ciel said:

LOL M.

Had an email from Eurotunnel today advising and quoting DEFRA  - you need to take your pet and pet passport to the vet four months before planning to travel to France after 31 March. 

Needless to say, next year's main holiday is on hold.

Edit:  forgot about myself as a member of a potential outsider nation and what arrangements I may need to make. What a shambles.

Lol. We must all stand on our own 2 feet. Or 4 feet. Or shoot ourselves into the foot. Glad the only pet I take abroad only has 2 legs... 

Islay showing its other face today - sunny and breezy. A hat and gloves day. Never seen so many swans. Phenomenomenal. 

• Like 1

Posted

Fabulous day again ,dusty underfoot ,slight ground frost this morning, and breezy. Dung spread and ploughed in, cows and calve sunbathing .

Maybe nothing but all the masses of holly berries seem to have been stripped in the past few days so Xmas is going to be a bit dull.Not usual for them to be taken so early!!. Natures forward forecast?,

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Northernlights said:

Maybe nothing but all the masses of holly berries seem to have been stripped in the past few days so Xmas is going to be a bit dull.Not usual for them to be taken so early!!. Natures forward forecast?,

Could be?  There was a large flock of Redwings at Balgavies Loch this afternoon gorging on berries - and it was recorded in the log that a small flock of Waxwings had been around earlier in the day.

Light frost and good sunny intervals here this morning gradually turning grey and dark over the afternoon with the odd spot of rain. Temp around 8-9C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Sat in bed one Sunday morning a couple of weeks ago and watched a massive flock of redwings strip the rowan trees in our garden. They left the Holly out front alone but I noticed a couple of days ago that the Holly is now bare of berries too, and it'd been plastered in them for weeks. 

Hopefully a portent of what's to come, but I'm a sceptic in that regard. How could nature know what the weather will bring weeks later? Then again, there's a lot we still don't understand about the planet we live on. 

Been an varied week of weather, but largely unremarkable. Foggy going over the top of the hill the other day, disconcertingly so. Very wet another. Had to scrape frozen rain off the car this morning. Windy at times too. As I said, varied. 

Edited by Ravelin

Morning folks, another gloomy stormy day down here in the south west of the uk. 21 sleeps until i return to be with you all again, cant wait to get back. i see the fun and games are already starting over in the nut house, its a sinker no wait its going toward iceland or is it greenland bound, downgrade upgrade, eps gfs different but not to bad, jma to the rescue, the meto update is poor and all manner of stuff. well after the 1st of December it can snaw as much as it wants coz i will be warm and cozy with my underfloor heating and sauna. come on the SNAW!!!

Edited by Guest
spelling

Posted

Another breezy morning on islay, could get a bit more interesting later. 

Could the snow hold off till next month please? Could do with being able to see the ground for another couple of weeks... ah, hang on, the locals say it never snows here! Wowee, that can't be right... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Getting windy on the hills now!

B5B0C721-629A-416E-AB01-345E3BFD07C4.png