Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

I have my camera at the ready for that big storm approaching from north east england, some whites and purples on the radar looks like I will be on the edge of it in the next 25-30 mins, areas like Dunbar, north berwick and eventually st Andrews look to be in the firing line for the core of the storm.

• Like 1

Posted

I've seen a couple of flashes too. I don't expect too much lightning activity in the west tonight though some eastern parts may have an interesting g night ahead. The heavy rain is back on and it seems the chance to see the lunar eclipse has passed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Keep hearing very distant thunder as well. Really spooky actually!

Going by the radar Paisley/Renfrew/Clydebank must be getting soaked. right now.

• Like 1

Posted

20180727_221815_4.thumb.gif.3b1e64d549e1b2dd6b6414553d825ccd.gifAnother cell came in much better. Best I could do with the gif. 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 1

Posted

first flash of lightning and rumble of thunder also the winds have picked up a lot

• Like 1

Posted

Just like an oven outside and very oppressive . Currently 22c Rain  and thunder cannot be far away.Already had lights flickering. Grain sides on cart this evening so the countdown to harvest commnces.Will be nice If its a bit cooler  next week  as I will start brushing and power washing the sheds.

Forecast for tomorrow has improved with a mostly dry day after a thundery wet night so fingers crossed.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Posted

Some spectacular flashes towards Paisley. It's quieter now but that was a decent show and a pretty ideal storm for me - far enough away to be safe with some stunning flashes lighting up the sky.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

What a storm in East Lothian. super lightning show, some rain finally, gusty winds. And I watched it approaching on the radar so could leave the pub just in time to get home

2707radar11.png

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Getting very close now. Lightning to the East. One close clap and suddenly the heavens have opened!

where did that wind come from?

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 1

Posted

All quiet now after quite an evening of fork and sheet lightning - will accept that as compensation for missing the lunar eclipse!  The big storm over Dundee looks like it will miss us to the southwest. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
4 minutes ago, Quinach said:

All quiet now after quite an evening of fork and sheet lightning - will accept that as compensation for missing the lunar eclipse!  The big storm over Dundee looks like it will miss us to the southwest. 

Def not missing here just now. Rain and wind have eased of a bit but frequent sheet and forked lightning just to my South. As you say good compensation for missing the eclipse.

• Like 1

Posted

Another cell here now. Much better than expected tonight with plenty more around on the radar! 

• Like 1

Posted

Lots of heavy rain tonight, and a single clap of thunder. Very welcome, not least because cycling home earlier this evening was extremely uncomfortable in the muggy conditions, despite a cooler max of 'only' 23c - in previous summers that temperature would have been fairly impressive!

• Like 1

Posted

:shok:WOW WOW WOW !!! That storm that has just passed over us (still a few flashes of lightning) was INCREDIBLE the closest lightning I have ever seen definitely a positive cg strike must have been yards away made the hairs on my arm stand up  BLINDING FLASH followed by the loudest shotgun thunder I have ever heard, also some crazy intense rain in the middle of the storm, lots of flashes of lightning, cloud-cloud and intra cloud lightning, very gusty winds. I will have videos up tomorrow, and also possibly more storms overnight with more developing in the north sea and the north west of England.

• Like 5

Posted

Morning,

Seen some great shots of the lightning across Aberdeen Fri evening. Was certainly disturbed! Died down seemingly just after 10pm, but I was awoken again by torr rain & a clap of thunder by another cell 0040 this morning. Not sure what happened after, I awoke something-to-6 with showers but no electrical activity.

Has actually been bright but still clouds around - I think NE Scotland still under a warning until early Sat pm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Well we had a lot of lightning but I was tired and went to bed. I know. I'm a failure. Throw me out now

• Like 1

Posted

It started with some cracking flashes, and big rumbles with heavy intense rain, but died all too soon. Yet 5 miles down the road, wife reports that at the little mix concert at Falkirk stadium, they had nothing.

Posted

I don't think we've had any thunder in the original warning period!

Posted

Here are some stills from my videos which I will have uploaded by later today, the 4th pic is the extremely close bolt I was talking about with the blinding white flash. (I have another camera which was also recording I will post more stills if I find any)

lightning 3.png

lightning 4.png

lightning 5.png

lightning 6.png

lightning 7.png

lightning 8.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

We have hot sun mixed with sudden heavy showers. Edinburgh this morning was very wet, today's pastime was watching the tourists scatter when the rain came on.. Poor sods.

• Like 1

Posted

Sun's out for first time today after bursts of rain overnight and this morning feels so much cooler and fresher at long long last might not be like this forever but I plan to enjoy it 

• Like 1

Posted
Posted

Here are my videos of the storm last night

BEST PART WITH CLOSE LIGHTNING AND LOUD THUNDER AT THE START 0:08 for the lightning 0:20 for the thunder, 1:05 for the mental rain with more lightning and loud thunder

• Like 2