Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Good morning from Dreichsville Towers. It's been like this for a few days now. I wish it would rain properly and quit with this misty murk. Very much cooler than recent days, thankfully! Some parts of Englandshire in for a real sweat fest soon! Rather them than me!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

How's the next week or so looking for us? We've had a lot of cool breezy cloudy days and I'm getting fed up of it

Posted

Quite breezy and cloudy today with a few brief sunny intervals.  What a heat though, 27C earlier this afternoon and feeling very muggy.  Temperature now 26C outside as I type.

Edited by Quinach

Posted

Yss, the cold front sliding SE has certainly pepped-up with reds on the radar. Will hold off with the infinite watering this evening 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
2 hours ago, shuggee said:

Yss, the cold front sliding SE has certainly pepped-up with reds on the radar. Will hold off with the infinite watering this evening 

Yes, quite heavy showery rain here. Rather unexpected but no watering needed tonight. Grass still brown though.!

Temp has dropped around 5 to 6 degrees since tea time. Now 17.4 from a high in late afternoon of 23.2C

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 3

Posted

Fife currently getting some very heavy rain just hours after this was reported:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44930385

(looks like the worst of it missed the reservoirs unfortunately) 

Edited by Ross B

Posted
27 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Temp has dropped around 5 to 6 degrees since tea time.

Maybe not such a sharp drop up the road here, after a high of 25C this afternoon, but still noticeable.  Only a few spits and spots of rain so far and feeling muggy.

Indoors it remains very warm and doggie is sleeping on the kitchen tiles this evening in preference to her usual bed.

Posted

Well the garden needed that! Been lashing down here for a good few hours now and plenty still to come! Hellish sticky though!

Posted

Woke up to a wet garden but it must have been silent rain because we didn't wake at all. Sun oot now though

• Like 3

Posted

A fresher day today - max of 21C, light winds and around a 65:35 mix of cloud/sunshine.  Perfect summer's day for me at least!

Local House Martins have fledged in the last week so plenty of screeching coming from the fledglings this evening as they get the hang of flying - quite a few youngsters so seems to have been a reasonable breeding season here at least.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
4 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Reporting in from the Tour du Mont Blanc, not far from Courmayeur. Weather has been good so far, had one shower on Sunday night after I’d set up camp and there’s some thunder rumbling around me in the high peaks this evening but dry at the moment. Temperature obviously varies with altitude but pleasant walking, mostly in the 15c-25c range. Cooler at night.

Needless to say the scenery is fantastic! Even got some walking on snow in on some of the higher passes!

26DE3783-4E05-4737-93EA-B6EFB1136845.jpeg

EADBA969-3F14-4B91-A205-E490B1EB67AF.jpeg

C9FD41C4-F1D4-4760-9942-EFAF64702915.jpeg

FFD0F583-EF09-4B83-A3EF-F940F8E7B657.jpeg

E30F5275-5CAF-49A3-8262-FBCA600C452E.jpeg

46CF0A35-EEF4-4434-A929-2AC7F9E2A8F1.jpeg

Have not been in that area in the Summer but have skied a few times on the French side in Chamonix and Argentiere in the Winter. Some unbeatable scenery. My daughter was in Courmayer last Winter and loved it.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 1

Posted

An absolutely fabulous day of summer weather. Not quite the high 20s/low 30s and cloudless skies of late June, but an improvement of recent days and weeks , which despite the prolonged warm/dry spell early in the month, we've had more cloud cover with some much needed rain and lower temperatures though still no lower than the high teens. The temperature is around 22C with and slight breeze and bright sunshine and largely clear blue skies with some slight cirrus and a scattering of cumulus clouds - ideal summer conditions though it's beginning to feel normal after the persistent warm and dry conditions since May and the record heat of last month. The lack of humidity accompanying the warmth has been noticeable and makes for a pleasant change. After a dry spell/drought up to 20 days, the rainfall we've had has made a difference to the grass. As much as this year has been a revelation without the Atlantic influence and intermittent spells of dry and fine weather, the impacts on wildlife, reservoirs and agriculture are a reminder of the merits of our temperate/oceanic climate and how deviations from climatology can have significant consequences. The outlook is generally warm in the foreseeable - with a more unsettled and cooler interlude at the end of the month - and possibly some hot weather in early August as the exceptional year of weather and summer of 2018 continues.

• Like 4

Posted

Another glorious day.  Warm (23C max) with copious sunshine - a stiff breeze from the W/SW has been there all day but not really affecting the warm feel to the weather.

Bit shocked to see some red Rowan berries this morning, don't ever recall seeing that in July before.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

We're out west at Kilchoan on Ardnamurchan at the moment and it's been variably cloudy, breezy and cooler, but still decent and dry. Funny talking to a guy from NE England who was saying that it was "nice to get away from the heat". Still green scenery here too. 

Heading over to Mull tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Posted

Left Currie at 6.15am this morning to drive to Bath! Currently (11hrs later) just through Birmingham after a hellish day of motorway closures and road works! The delays caused by the closure of the M6 north of Preston were horrendous! 4hours to travel 3.7miles!! Wish I'd checked the roads online before leaving! Lesson learned! The kids have been great in the back seat but thank stained glass window for air con in the car as the temps have been brutal especially sitting stationary for literally hours on end:

IMG_20180726_164200__01.jpg

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 3

Posted

A hot day, coming down to the valley at 1700m it’s about 26c. You can see Mont Blanc this morning before any clouds formed and this afternoon with cumulonimbus towering over it. Had storms around 8pm last two evenings which is fine as the days have been dry!

195C2BC1-B285-4CCB-B71A-EBD685EF89B5.jpeg

79626C3F-0340-40D1-A026-98CB2887033C.jpeg

B056709D-8549-49CD-AAE5-D39BF4EA8B25.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted

My god 101_North - that's seriously scary to me. That would kill me.

• Like 1

Posted

We've got the sunshine up here Catch, been gorgeous here for days.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Edit: @101_North try Google Maps when you go travelling as in "Driving" mode it gives the best real time travel info available anywhere and takes 5 seconds to access:

Yes indeed sir! Sadly it's something I tend to use on new routes but as I know the way I kinda just set off on autopilot! Never again! I really need to trust technology more than I sometimes do 13 bloody hours!

Edited by 101_North

Posted

Yesterday afternoon was a improving picture for us and that continued today. Lovely jubbly stuff but finally about to really change this weekend

Posted

Sunny here with a max of 24.5C. Noticeably cloudier and a bit cooler on the coast East of Broughty Ferry this afternoon but not really cold.