Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Been another cracker of a day, but mist now rolling in, and temps have dropped below 20c. Time to chill in the hot tub with a selection of local brews.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Lovely morning here again! Temp at present a very pleasant 15.3c. Charts not showing any change for the foreseable future. I can't remember when we had such along period of dry, sunny weather in Scotland. I'm sure someone on here will be able to come up with a statistic from some year past! No rain forecast either, veggies need watered twice a day and they are looking good! There, I've jinxed it now!

• Like 2

Posted

@CatchMyDrift  Yes, I had more or less the same experience yesterday - cold and murky at home base early on, roasted in Glasgow but just cleared in the evening on returning. Traveling by train, it was interesting to observe during the late afternoon the changing skies from west to east. The north Fife coast looked really gloomy.

Sun's out this morning, feels warm already. 

Off to Co'path shortly to visit little grandson on his 4th birthday. I wonder if the sun will break through there.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, ciel said:

The north Fife coast looked really gloomy.

Sun's out this morning, feels warm already. 

Off to Co'path shortly to visit little grandson on his 4th birthday. I wonder if the sun will break through there.

Aye yesterday was the worst day of the current spell for haar locally as it never shifted all day. Gloomy and cold, max 14c.

Delighted to report its all gone this morning and we have bright sunshine! 

• Like 1

Posted

Its started https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44664834

The politicians will be earning their  salaries this summer with Brexit and the weather. Currently sunny and 19c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 2

Posted

Sunny skies, cool sea breeze, 14c.

It’s lurking!

70B87949-DDEC-49AF-968C-A9D415F709C9.jpeg

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 4

Posted

We in california or Spain at the moment Holy hell on a bell it's warm once again this is absolutely wonderful sure at one point it will change but at the moment you got to think when and to what extent 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I was thinking of watering my lawn just now. I read before that it can damage the grass if water it during the day when the weather is hot, is this true? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
49 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

I was thinking of watering my lawn just now. I read before that it can damage the grass if water it during the day when the weather is hot, is this true? 

A lot of plants can have thier leaves damaged if you water them when it's this hot & sunny but I'm not sure if grass is that susceptible. In any case, late evening or early morning is probably best as it'll gives the water time to soak in before too much evaporates. The less we use now the less likely we're going to see shortages if this dry spell continues. Not sure what the reservoirs are looking like up here but wife's parents in NW England already have a hosepipe ban

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Can confirm yesterday was poor for the East coast

Car (slightly inaccurrate I know but I had been travelling for a fair few minutes) was reading 31c when I left Dumfries and I cried as it fell and fell. 25c at Moffat, 22c Abington, 19/20c passing the Pentlands

and 16c and cloudy in Leith

Much better when I left this morning though.

Back in the tropical south, another glorious day, cooler than of late.

Warm now though at 25.2c and slowly rising

• Like 3

Posted

Only 16c this afternoon but pleasant in the bright sunshine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
2 hours ago, Stormeh said:

Yes better watering evening or early morning as the sun will magnify the water, Which in turn burns the grass/plants.

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks for the advice guys, I think I will just leave it as the local reservoirs are looking pretty low.

Posted

19E88E8B-4385-43FD-802C-570CE6D50B2E.thumb.jpeg.71bc43a8e1a0eb0f3b19e09d7bf543cf.jpeg

The right kind of song in this weather 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

North Berwick today was sunny but a very chilly wind and about 17C, with a bank of haar hanging over the water. Home here and much warmer even at 6pm.

• Like 3

Posted
55 minutes ago, mardatha said:

North Berwick today was sunny but a very chilly wind and about 17C, with a bank of haar hanging over the water. Home here and much warmer even at 6pm.

Much the same further down the coast, but the wee grandson had a great time playing in the garden with his new games

Really warm at  home now and I'm just preparing a meal to be taken out-of-doors - and also about to top up the bird-bath. I noticed the sparrows were seeking water this morning, with frequent visits there.

What a fine spell of weather, for most anyway.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I haven't a clue what a stationary lenticular is - but that is a Klingon ship!!!

• Like 2

Posted

Blue skies all day and another stunning evening.  Max temperature of 21C, the temperature being moderated today by a pretty strong SE wind (this made things feel cool out of the sun).

Crops round here are ripening fast - it may be the last day of June but the fields are getting that golden brown colour I would expect in late July.

Snag_2c52d22.thumb.png.28d9e378313394f15f7fded6f9b4c324.pngSnag_2bfc8d2.thumb.png.803c0289585ae6d13d0b0118055432d6.png

View looking north towards Bennachie.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Bright sunshine today and feeling pleasant with a max of 20.4C. A slight chill in the air this evening as the sun went down

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

My mother in the lake district is comparing this summer to 1976. I don't remember such a long dry warm spell as this on the Black Isle in the last 25 years. Like most folk I guess, I thoroughly enjoy summer warmth but we're reaching a point where the land is too dry to support crops. There was someone on the radio last night talking about approaching 'wilting point' in parts of central England and the Welsh borders, and there'll many more parts not far behind. (My fruit trees are dropping fruit now.) 

'We'll be ok, supermarket prices might go up a bit for a while but it's just a blip...' Ha ha. Fortunately we're still (just) in the EU. Any of you cretins who voted to leave still think this was a good idea?

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
11 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Not the cold wind this morning on the east coast, felt really warm outside just now, gonna be a scorcher !

Indeed. I rather fancy somewhere along the Moray Firth, between say Lossiemouth and The Sneck, to reach 28C this arvo...?☀️

Edited by Ed Stone
made less confusing - I hope!