Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

This is the best part of the summer if you're looking for record breaking temps with the most hours of sun and it's near it's highest point so there's every chance a few records could go today or tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted

Ongoing battle between sun and haar in St Andrews! 15c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Toasty here, not sure of exact temp but must be around the same as Aboyne, which was 26.7C at 1pm.

• Like 1

Posted

27c here with bright blue skies .Just turned some hay cut late Monday,Will bale tomorrow as very crisp already .Very rare three day hay although it was more or less hay when it was cut.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I think I have chosen a great couple of weeks to be off work! I am absolutely loving this!

Currently relaxing in the local park while the kids are playing with their friends. Going back home soon to start the BBQ and get the pool set up for the kids 

179105C7-3603-4B03-A3B7-C800975E8849.thumb.jpeg.df1e51de12436c474f008175ac67699a.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
17 hours ago, Ross90 said:

Could the all time Scottish record be under threat this week? I think it's 32.9C so with 32 being forecast you never know.

That's right, 32.2C for June record

• Like 1

Posted

We still got tomorrow to go too if this is today would be surprised if somethihg isn't smashed

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Haar has been lurking off east Lothian coast all day, keeping a coolness in the air even with sunshine. Won't get local max temp til NCM tomorrow morning

2706haarttt.png

• Like 2

Posted

Impressive, quite a gusty wind out there at the moment but irrespective temperature at 26.3C.

Very foggy start but that cleared by 9am to leave clear blue skies. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and anything unusual

Not to bothered about the haar keeping the temperature down, this is perfect  

• Like 1

Posted

Any potential breakdown on the models this run appears to have been vanished this could turn out into quite something developing 

• Like 2

Posted

Although we are getting fantastic hay this ongoing spell of dry weather  if it continues for another few weeks is going to have huge implications for agricultural production including a lot of vegetables because even if there is irrigation equipment a lot of ditches are now dry. Have mentioned to  a few folk that by autumn the weather may be at the top of the             politicians agenda. Notice the local dairy farm is taking their second cut   before it disappears back into the ground. The seed heads were out again in spite of it being just a few inches high so quality is lost at that point. Currently sunny and 26c

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, Jo Farrow said:

Haar has been lurking off east Lothian coast all day, keeping a coolness in the air even with sunshine. Won't get local max temp til NCM tomorrow morning

2706haarttt.png

That sums up conditions here perfectly. Just been out for a run and was glad to be moving to keep warm! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Absolute roaster here. Was cooler at work in Edinburgh due to the haar, which is always quite a site as you come over soutra and look down over east lothian. I'd take some photos of it but that's against the law now; at least while yer daein 60 mph. 

Anyway went out for an evening dug walk and it was idyllic. Fields of gold stuff. Went into the woods up the hill where there's a spring line and discovered a forest of foxgloves; really impressive growth and lovely in the late evening light streaming through the trees.

However, it was at that point I was caught by a marauding pack of cleggs.

Trapped by thick ferns, a boggy area and a barbed wire fence, it got really nasty really quickly. Was telling the dugs 'Just run, leave me, save yersels!' at one point while I thrashed my way wildly through the undergrowth, swatting madly.

Home now getting treated by Mrs SS and her sting cream. Cold beer helping.

Man it's hot.

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
40 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Absolute roaster here

Hi there..

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

High of 29.2C in Aboyne and it was probably not too far off that here. Car thermometer was showing 26C in Aboyne at 7pm as I took a run down the hill to the co-op for milk, 24C at the house on the way back. Great weather but no use when I'm trying to sort out the garden, and the plants I've put in recently are getting watered daily at a minimum. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

After a grey start with fog/low cloud this morning, turned into an absolute scorcher of a day. Max of 26.5C - warmest day of the year so far. Tomorrow looks like it will top that. Would be great if somewhere in Scotland can beat the all time record. 

Another notably dry spell developing, too, by the looks of things. 

A perfect evening for a balloon flight over sunny Perthshire. 

IMG_20180627_1949244~2.jpg

Edited by Polar Gael
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Got up to 21.9C but was noticeably cooler when I was in Monifieth this afternoon with haar visible out at sea. Some haar made its way up the river this evening but still clear here. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

OK, I've got my moaning face on! It's waaaaay too hot up here, so I dread to think what it was like in Aviemore yesterday! Tuesday night temp was down to 9c, yesterday's high was 27.1c. I melts I does! I managed to get in and out of Portree yesterday before I got really sweaty and stayed indoors the rest of the day. Just as well there's some interesting sport on the telly. What, you didnae think I meant fitba did ye? Nah, I've been a fan of tennis since I first clapped eyes on Bjorn Borg waaaaay back in the seventies!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
9 hours ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Hi there..

LOL. Must admit that while a NE/E'ie, I did in retrospect realise how that might have been read as the urban dictionary version rather than the standard oven related one. 

EDIT and oh, I suppose intentionally exploring boggy ground on a hot Scots summer evening is the behaviour of a prize idiot so...

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 2

Posted
8 hours ago, Norrance said:

Got up to 21.9C but was noticeably cooler when I was in Monifieth this afternoon with haar visible out at sea. Some haar made its way up the river this evening but still clear here. 

I’m going to move next door to you! 

Looks like we may get some respite from the haar today, as we already have bright sunshine out there. I’d imagine temperatures will beat yesterday’s maxes by 8 or 9am! Unfortunately it seems like the haar may return more widely tomorrow.

• Like 1