Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and anything unusual

6AC074EC-8505-4552-96B2-49371D390EA8.thumb.jpeg.82acf576a9a11c594a817c3d6280d2f9.jpeg284CEDA9-E3FD-45BD-B973-C7565B3D1BAB.thumb.jpeg.618f5e424480eb2bd2e75f6ec4e22f9d.jpegD4F4C8C8-2F46-4708-8E65-3FE96DC60CC4.thumb.jpeg.7cd3317206e1d04d894309262e8d7652.jpeg

some of my photos, just unfortunate I have a street light right in front of my house.

• Like 7

Posted

I'll add to the collection with some shots from last night.  It was really beautiful around 12:30am but the cloud moved in after that.

A bit overcast today, dry, and a current temperature of 18C.

At least the winds are light.  They were strong enough early evening yesterday to bring down some big branches that blocked the A944 for a short time.

Snag_ac27b7.thumb.png.bbc05715eecdaf5ccce6ba53228736ba.pngSnag_ad0d54.thumb.png.4ea40db0c3a5330b7283f2e34a9c650a.pngSnag_ab8ef2.thumb.png.909d528c07916346f965a771028b9532.png

• Like 6

Posted

Not the only one to notice the lack of a breeze tonight, the midges are just fierce

Overcast, grey and some drizzle this evening after a nice sunny start to the day. 2nd batch of red squirrel kittens this year have emerged in the garden recently, lovely red coats compared to their more scraggly elders. 9c

• Like 6

Posted

Fine day again a bit breezy in the morning. A photo of the green hay20180619_102007.thumb.jpg.65bbb45f386b74f0596824d81523259a.jpg we got yesterday. Cut more today on the strength of next weeks forecast . Sprayer 20180619_101754.thumb.jpg.d0d2abd29d3e1f92e450ce329d81968f.jpg had  good conditions this afternoon for final fungicide spray on spring barley a whole two weeks earlier than average. Could be heading for an August harvest. The downside of that is lower yields and short straw but the upside is that prices of grain and straw will certainly rise. Currently slight rain and 12c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 5

Posted

YES there has been some noticeable rain overnight .Will give turnips and grass a boost so long as it does not get too windy again.Currently wet and 10c

See snow forecast for the top of Cairngorm tomorrow and the mid seventies F for here by Tuesday next week. Memories of June 75!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Yep, a pretty wet start to the day here but much needed. Put some new plants in the garden yesterday and the soil in the borders was pretty much dry as far down as I had to dig. The forecast of rain was one of the reasons I put them in yesterday i.e. no need to get the hose out again today.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Hmmmm. So summer arriving next week with some places having temps up to 30c. Ye can keep it! Can we just have around 21c, maybe squeezing up to 22c please? That's my limit. I will melt away to a greasy spot if it's any hotter than that! ⛅☀️?️

• Like 5

Posted

Struggling to cope with the cloudy skies after 3 weeks of sunshine in Zambia ☺️ Fortunately it looks like I won’t have to wait long for the sunshine to return, a very encouraging outlook! 

• Like 2

Posted

I got a garden chair coming today for my garden looks like I've got it in the right time if the weather effectively from now onwards is spot on looks superb after probably a small cool blip tomorrow and Friday 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Bloody horrible here just now, baltic in the wind, very dull and grey.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and anything unusual

Arriving in Dallas a few weeks back, it was over 37C. Now for a scot who has only ever been subjected to 30C a couple of times in his life walking out of that airport was the biggest shock to the system I’ve ever had, absolutely horrendous. I’ll take 25C any day, next week should hopefully provide that.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Looks like the heat will start to arrive by as early as Sunday ☀️ I would imagine with these temps day on day homegrown storms will be popping off at some point next week too. click the first pic for GIF of temps tempresult_aqo5.gif

tempresult_iws2.gif

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 3

Posted

Wet to start with, but that was not a bad thing as the plants desperately need the water (indeed, rain the last few days has already made things start to look greener).

Drier interlude in the afternoon before some lengthy showers of rain in the early evening.

Light winds throughout and cool, max of 13C.

All the media outlets are getting excited about the upcoming heatwave, what could possibly go wrong now  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
1 hour ago, Quinach said:

what could possibly go wrong now  

Haar ?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Bit toasty from next midweek!!

98A9A2EF-3E09-46EB-9327-5A2BC8475A57.thumb.png.4e83cf69bd4984f04f16bd09693a7f35.pngEE91C925-B9A3-47C0-A226-C575A864351E.thumb.gif.09eeb68cf5c75535ece60d45d985c399.gif

• Like 4

Posted

Couldn't see the Cairngorms for mist this morn but there's a dusting of snow, same for the top of Ben Wyvis, visible whenever the cloud clears. Not overly rare though my father informs me that the snow was a good way down the local Munro's on the longest day in 1996

Looking forward to next week's forecast sun and heat, two hoodies on today working on a hillside and a real unwelcome wind yet again, spits of rain, autumnal vibes, delighted summer is returning soon ☀️

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I had to laugh at some of the posts in the model thread. A few people are not happy because it might not get over 30c next week instead it will ONLY be mid to high twenties. I don’t understand why people want such oppressive heat. Once it hits 16c then it’s taps aff in my opinion! 

• Like 9

Posted

Well it was a great wet day yesterday but the sun and  strong wind this afternoon are removing the water as fast as it fell yesterday. so while it has done a lot of good the benefit is not going to last long. The main good point is that the 20% of turnip seed that had not germinated since being sown a month ago is now bursting into life. Currently windy sunny and 13c

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Bank!

ukmaxtemp- Thurs 28062018.png

• Like 5

Posted

A nice day despite the breeze that will disappear by Saturday then looks set in nice for quite a while and just about no rain on the horizon could be superb 

• Like 1

Posted

Cloudy start to the morning with light showers of rain blowing through quickly on a brisk NW breeze.

Dried up by lunchtime with the cloud disappearing as the day went on but the wind really picked up in the afternoon, very gusty and damaging (more leaves stripped from the surrounding trees).

Clear skies now but still a brisk wind making things feel cool out there, max temp during day of 16C. 

• Like 1

Posted

Beautiful morning. Breezy but so sunny. 

• Like 1