Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Gusting over 100mph over Caingorms.

• Like 5

Posted

Yes very windy today and tonnes of leaves shredded off trees . Cut a bit of hay two days ago and its nearly dry enough to bale tonight just lying in the wind . Cooler though this evening at 7.5c and its about 1c on the summit of Cairngorm

• Like 2

Posted

A stormy day that has shredded the garden along with a portable greenhouse (top lifted off leaving the bottom half intact!).  Just as well it was nearly empty.

Really hate these summer wind storms 

A bit of damage in the countryside around here as well with quite a few branches on the roads and a lot of leaves & immature berries/seeds coming off the deciduous trees. 

Local rookery got hit quite hard early in the morning going by the number of nests that were lying forlorn under the pine trees - no sign of any casualties but I suspect any survivors were picked off quickly by the local predators (even got some feral cats running around these days).  Or perhaps they've all fledged already.

Lovely evening though with the clearer air making the sunshine look even more brilliant than usual, great being able to have usable daylight to 22:45  

Temperature up to 16C with stormy SW winds all day (particularly in the morning).  A few rain showers blowing through quickly, and as with Northern Lights, a noticeably cooler feel to the evening with current temp of 8C, the lowest for quite a few days.

Snag_1656ee.thumb.png.c8781a32e598c15ffefb9f713c2c0470.png

• Like 4

Posted

Our resident badger under the bird feeder at 4.00am this morning. 1741963795_20180615_025752(2).thumb.jpg.884fb5b270a6681cc1b0398a361af189.jpg20180615_025855.thumb.jpg.1b17118be8606c362effb29078f7024c.jpg  He has to scale a wall to get into the garden every night

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
17 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Bit windy = no midges! 

Been too busy to wash them for a while and the fact there's been no rain meant the cars were fairly clean.

Off work yesterday and gave them a good wash.

OMG the fronts of them took forever. A scene of mass insect slaughter on a horrific scale. It had been getting to the point you couldn't see through the front windae for deid bugs.

I mind coming home one night and they were so thick in the air they were literally patterning on the screen as the car cut them down in their hundreds. Like a scene from the swarm or something.

Have to say that's the one thing I'm not missing about this return to more normal weather.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Cheers SS, I'm just going oot to Stow to get the train and now I'll have that image in my head and be scratching all the way.. might make sure I get a seat to myself though...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Our resident badger under the bird feeder at 4.00am this morning. 1741963795_20180615_025752(2).thumb.jpg.884fb5b270a6681cc1b0398a361af189.jpg20180615_025855.thumb.jpg.1b17118be8606c362effb29078f7024c.jpg  He has to scale a wall to get into the garden every night

Good morning, NL...It's good to see that not everyone involved in agriculture murders badgers.:good:

• Like 3

Posted

Possibility of a 3RD Saturday in a row of Storms I wonder. The CAPE values are not that bad looking...............

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Hi Folks

Daily Record today reporting a mini heatwave and temps of 26c sweeping Scotland next week?

Can’t see it myself....:acute:

• Like 1

Posted

A day of sunshine and showers - though the latter missed here completely with the majority passing to our north.

Brisk southerly wind to start with moderating slowly over the day, now calm leaving another lovely evening.

Max temperature of 17C but felt warm out there in the sun, more of the same please.

• Like 1

Posted

Urgh. Disgustizzle.

Edit: An hour later it's monsoon rain and thunder. But still urgh.

• Like 3

Posted

It's funny how quickly the weeks of wonderful weather fade into memory when you have dreich, cool, wet days like this.

Cloudy all day then persistent rain (sometimes heavy) from 11am till around 9pm, max of only 14C. 

Distinctly cold now out there with the damp air - can see your breath and that is a first for many weeks.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cold and wet here too. Highest temp was 13.6C and that was at midnight last night. Most of the day it was around 11C .with the rain being heavy at times. Cold enough for my wife to have put the heating on this morning. Grass has had some welcome rain though.

• Like 3

Posted

We didn't get thunder yesterday but seriously heavy rain up to half 1 then other than a few light showers was fine rest of the day. Today started damp but dry and cloudy now up to Wednesday it seems to be up and down but after that might be wrong but not looking too bad at all possibly for the rest of the month

• Like 1

Posted

Yes rain here too yesterday but this morning with sun and wind you would never know it had fallen. currently 17c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 2

Posted

Pleasant enough in Leith - 15C and a wee bit of blue sky about.  Drizzle was threatening around Penicuik on the way in, but fine now.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Brightening up here now, and that sun is hot. Weather station says 17.8c but it tends to tell fibs. Am excited at the idea of more high pressure good weather coming Hope it happens!

• Like 4

Posted

Very windy today so secured some very green hay ,only had to turn it twice but crops under pressure from such a drying wind. Hope Wednesdays forecast is correct.Very dusty Its begining to remind me of 75/76 when the hay was dry before it was cut . The domestic lawns are turning browner by the day as this drought gains its hold on the countryside.  a clear evening and 10c

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and anything unusual

Anyone seeing noctilucent clouds at the moment or am I just being really dumb

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Yep.

IMG_20180619_0109487.jpg

IMG_20180619_0109404.jpg

IMG_20180619_0109371.jpg

IMG_20180619_0102495.jpg

IMG_20180619_0102091.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and anything unusual

Fantastic, that’s another cloud off the list, not sure what’s left at this point. Saw Nacreous clouds last year, supercell thunderstorms a couple of weeks ago. Ill look at my met office pocket cloud book tomorrow haha

• Like 1