Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

What a crap day. Rain gave way to thick drizzle (undetected by the radar of course), which continues. It's my fault too for getting the hose out last night and giving various fruit shrubs and veg a good dousing.

We have swallows and house martins but no swifts - we never do here. The potatoes are all just above ground, broad beans are settling in nicely and for the first time for many years, we're doing some decorative gardening too.

I can hear cars splashing up and down the road for the first time for weeks. And the stove's on for the first time in about a month.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I'm just planting my tatties this week, neighbours all told me not to go any earlier up here. We've had a fine dry hot day here but tomorrow looks dire - thick cloud and a high of 10C

• Like 1

Posted

A noticeable feature of the weather here today was the abrupt change from earlier hazy sunshine, mild and calm conditions.

I was pottering outside in the early evening when the wind suddenly, maybe over a period of five minutes or so, birled round from a quiet southerly direction to gusting from the north with an associated drop in temp. Currently 6C.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Oh look! Blue sky in Skye! Gorgeous sunset last night heralding a much better day today, and lo! It has come to pass! Much better outlook even well into next week! Bring on the sunshine for ma hols!

• Like 3

Posted

A cool (12C max), grey, dreich day livened up with occasional outbreaks of smirr - light winds though. 

Can we please just fast forward to this heatwave that is supposed to be coming - mind you, could do with a little rain so that is allowed as long as it falls overnight.

• Like 3

Posted

"Lalalalalala not listeninggg to Catch"

• Like 2

Posted

Cloudy and cool again, 11c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
1 hour ago, Hawesy said:

Cloudy and cool again, 11c.

Suns broken through here. Not exactly roasting though at 13.5C

Posted

Sun came oot at around 2.30, temp reading 15C. Much better!

• Like 1

Posted

Cool, grey and dreich in the morning then the sun came out around lunchtime - now unbroken sunshine with a brisk SE wind and current (max so far) temperature of 15C.

Got to say, not often you get this kind of automated forecast for these parts .

Snag_5023740.thumb.png.8010327d4d02d8df34f7126981c53303.png

If this comes about there is going to be a lot of watering the garden in the week ahead!

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Norrance said:

Suns broken through here. Not exactly roasting though at 13.5C

Yes ended up coming out in St Andrews too but didn’t really impact on the temperature. Back in Broughty Ferry now and  there’s more cloud around again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
26 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Yes ended up coming out in St Andrews too but didn’t really impact on the temperature. Back in Broughty Ferry now and  there’s more cloud around again.

Still sunny here for now. Actually feels ok in shelter in the sun but temp is just over 11C.

• Like 1

Posted

Took a while before the sun broke through but once it did was a wonderful day. Just in the last 5 minutes or so the low cloud's started to creep in again

• Like 1

Posted

Fine sunny afternoon after dull start.Been sowing neeps till 10.00pm into nicely damp soil after the drizzly rain of the last two days so should germinate quickly. Mist came in as sun went  down

• Like 1

Posted

The haar is lifting here as I type.  Hopefully, could be a fine afternoon and the temperature should lift also. 

Abundant swallows and martins now, I may have two swallow pairs in the barn, they dart about so quickly, it is difficult to say. This one seems to like surveying the scene from the car roof rack.

1735014203_BarnSwall20.thumb.jpg.d58784c26a60717636f5f3c5f0ec89ed.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Cloud cleared fairly quickly AM but temperatures still tempered by North Sea breeze. Currently 13.4C

My wife and daughter were in Comrie this morning and did Lady Marys walk by the river in Crieff this afternoon. Said it has been a glorious day there after a cloudy start this morning. @ Polar Gael can probably confirm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Oh Mammy Daddy! It's awfy hoat up here! 23.6c is just a tad too hot for me, but I am not complaining! Weather looks set to hold even for Orkney well into next week, although the temps won't be as hot as here. Dry would do me fine! So, who's got sunburn then? ☀️

• Like 3

Posted

Picture of a rather large scone from the Tullybannocher cafe to the West of Comrie this morning. Nice to be able to sit out in the sun in comfort.

526E2FF5-F9F5-4770-96EF-1CA88B6D46BE.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Bloody marvellous. Enough said. Sure it was another slow start with the low cloud but when it burnt back.......................Loving this weather at the moment

• Like 1

Posted

Grey, cool with light winds.

Well, that was the story until around 8am thereafter, utterly glorious.

Max temperature of 20C, unbroken sunshine and a nice breeze to keep things just perfect temperature wise (plus stop flies pestering you).

Ah, you really could get used to this weather.   

• Like 2

Posted

Stayed cold and grey in St Andrews much of the day. Maximum just 11c. Tourists walking around in big jackets! 

https://en.sat24.com/en/gb/visual

94E807D6-27BC-4CD7-9413-9285C2523CE0.png

• Like 5

Posted

Nice pics @CatchMyDrift! Yeah it was really only the immediate coast that kept the haar, just a few miles inland it was sunny here. Unfortunately I both live and work right at the coast!