Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

This song is doing the rounds at the moment apparently.   First time I've heard it.   Have a listen if you haven't heard it already.

We had an overnight low of 5.4c which has since risen to the dizzy heights of 13.7c along with some welcome sunshine. Cloud returning now though and  Currently 11.6c/ENE.

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

My stupid joke is hanging around to spoil my day. Still cold and foggy here :angry:

Fabulous day so hot I have had to come in for a cooling drink!!!!! Currently 16 c with clear blue skies and sunshine and moderate S wind.Swallows will be here any day now. Dust appearing on field surfaces.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
16 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Fabulous day so hot I have had to come in for a cooling drink!!!!! Currently 16 c with clear blue skies and sunshine and moderate S wind.Swallows will be here any day now. Dust appearing on field surfaces.

Yep. Haar burned off here about midday and the thermometer has been between 13C and 15C since. Very pleasant indeed, a day to shed the winter blues. Ms HC flapping blankets out of the upstairs windows.

Re swallows - we saw 2, separately, fly swiftly past on Islay a few days ago. They didn't hang around and I can't say I blamed them.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Lovely warm spring day here with hazy sunshine.

few snaps from dug walk. Deer have been really common around here of late. Getting photos is tricky though as they of course always keep a respectable distance.

@Hairy Celt Enjoy the summer rubber. Had my first outing on mine yesterday. :air_kiss:

IMG_2599.JPG

IMG_2601.JPG

IMG_2604.JPG

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Still a pretty grey day here though the sun has tried to break through a few times.  Now need all the lights on and it's weird outside (waiting for a thunderstorm type of weird). 

• Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

@scottish skierSummer rubber enjoyed, briefly (going for a test drive, dear) - I forgot they're needing replacing imminently at £125 a corner.

Blue sky and warmth. Unreal. :shok:

Your general area northern Scotland is warmest in the land.. heatwave! 

1D756F42-377B-44A3-B59E-692891A19AC2.thumb.png.ad88e79b0d5ee291f7e8d5e27aeb320b.png

• Like 3

Posted

Sunny morning murky afternoon, now raining. Headed to Burntisland where the sun was a little more abundant. Also went to Kinghorn to see if we could spot the hump backs been spotted this year. 

20180415_154829.thumb.jpg.be43f9f7bfde52ea9e003375a187c307.jpg20180415_161208.thumb.jpg.ccf9a1e06f30db750963122518405ce0.jpg20180415_154457.thumb.jpg.ed218bb729292ba99b28854366491d64.jpg20180415_154833.thumb.jpg.8678497b9c391655911de11154988b32.jpg20180415_154348.thumb.jpg.b73ace5eeec1740e760dbcb78dab8b6e.jpg20180415_161220.thumb.jpg.4c5920b867469a128fcc6d7494910b32.jpg

20180415_154343.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Much done outdoors yesterday and today. But spurt of rain 6-ish this evening. Stars now though - surprised.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I got a lot done in the garden over the weekend, and the first official washing hung oot on Saturday!

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 3

Posted
38 minutes ago, mardatha said:

and the first official washing hung oot on Saturday!

Ditto :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It's a horror show for anyone exposed to the south-westerly wind up to midnight tomorrow:

16AprEuro4Precip.thumb.jpg.7774dcf5347c70a926975dcc8e294512.jpg

Dry here so may the garden taming commence...if the mower starts.

Great. I'm working in Glencoe tomorrow! :rofl:

Edited by Hairy Celt
senility-guided typos

Posted

How about me Catch - will I stay dry or be soaked?

Posted

Fantastic day again breezy low humidity,sunny and dust blowing on farm road.  Grass fields greening up as well and daffs on farm road nearly in full bloom on south facing dyke. Currently 11c.Spring has sprung.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Mildish again here today with some sunshine at 11C and occasional light showers. Front lawn has started growing and will need cut by the end of the week. Back in shade taken over by moss though which is giving the birds plenty nesting material.

Posted

After overnight rain, which has muddied up underfoot again, this morning is dark and overcast. Temp 7C, a slight southerly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....
21 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It's a horror show for anyone exposed to the south-westerly wind up to midnight tomorrow:

16AprEuro4Precip.thumb.jpg.7774dcf5347c70a926975dcc8e294512.jpg

Dry here so may the garden taming commence...if the mower starts.

And it is truly a horrible day up here! Back to horizontal rain which we really didn't have too much of over the winter. The snaw got in the way! Well into the work routine now although now that the Easter hols have finished it is quieter now. Gives us all a bit of breathing space before the next full on onslaught of camper vans and buses! I hate to think how much busier we would be if our roads were in better nick. I'm getting better at negotiating the craters and gougings now, but today's weather will make short work of any temporary repairs. Just forked out near on a grand to get both cars sorted, wishbones ( whatever they are! ), new tyres for one car, wheel balancing, so that should hopefully keep both going over the summer! Will be an ultra slow drive to work at the weekend. I do feel sorry for the touroids who have hired one of these massive campers, they can barely drive the things and then they hit the Skye roads. There's only ever one outcome ....... crunch, bang,screech of brakes and off the road we go! Is it going to take a serous accident before decent repairs are done? Probably. Hope the weather is better later in the week, although I doubt we'll get the blistering temps forecast for some peeps! ?????

• Like 2

Posted

That frontal north/south split that I often gurn about in winter sometimes has it's benefits the rest of the year! Worst of today's rain largely missing here. A few spots of rain but largely bright and breezy so far.

• Like 1

Posted

Back sowing some of the damper fields now drying up fast in the strong south -south westerly wind. Rain  shadow effect of Cairngorms fully operational. Currently 13c

• Like 4

Posted

Spot on again Catch! Been up Embra this morning, got blown all over the place by that bloody wind on way to the bus stop then blown all over the road on the bus going up. Repeat performance on way home. Not too wet but hellish windy.

Posted

Dry now after a damp start.  Max Temp of 14C and 50:50 mix of sun/cloud since lunchtime.  

Very strong gusty wind that is doing today more damage to the garden than the whole winter did - daffodils are getting shredded  :nonono:

Posted

10C and horrible dark grey sky this morning :(

Posted

Wind got up to near gale force yesterday afternoon and there was lots of  dust flying behnd the sower.Just one field to do Amazing transformation in just a week from ground too wet to these now arid conditions.Currently less windy sunny and 11c.

Daffs very battered by wind .They are very short too this year

• Like 2